Would You Play a VR Sports Game? (Poll) - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Would You Play a VR Sports Game? (Poll)

This is a discussion on Would You Play a VR Sports Game? (Poll) within the Front Page Polls forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls
Poll: Will you play sports gaming VR experiences?
Poll Options
Will you play sports gaming VR experiences?

Old 01-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

MMChrisS's Arena

OVR: 57
Would You Play a VR Sports Game? (Poll)

Virtual Reality is a thing, and becoming a bigger thing.

As the platforms grow in the coming years, it is inevitable more sports centric experiences will become available. Already there are a variety of VR experiences, such as The Golf Club, which are pioneering the effort of sports gaming experiences with the VR headsets.

Will you be interested in playing VR experiences? Have you already played some?

Vote in the poll and let us know in the comments what you are thinking when it comes to VR!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #2
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Would You Play a VR Sports Game? (Poll)

i would love this , in all games including sports games. To me the ultimate experience is to be totally immersed in the game to give me the feeling of being in that actual "world" .

For Madden , id love it for numerous reasons.

1- No more of the "normal" view in madden where you as QB see everything. Im sure real NFL qbs would love to play from that view in real life as well. Its not actually "sim" in itself because its an unrealistic view. I get why its there, people dont want hard. But for me , i say , bring on the realness. I want to be limited to my view , i want to make reads like an NFL QB, and play based off that view only . I want that on offense and defense. I want to have a view from on the field. Talk about a NFL Football Experience. To feel like you are actually standing on the field, with the crowd rocking and cheering, on a 4rd down and 4 , in which if you make the stop on defense, sends your team to the playoffs...... talk about intense action. To me this is full immersion and the ultimate experience for a video game to bring.

2-A real test of your skills in that sport . No more unrealistic views to see every hole with a great view. Now , its down to real skill and descesion making , in the heat of the moment, with real like views from a player playing that sport.To me this is just the best .

I think it can really take sports games, and all games to a whole new level. I know Rex has said he has a desire to bring it to Madden at some point, i hope to see that come to fruition. I personally, am eagerly awaiting when alot of games become available for VR . I want to be fully immersed in my games and give me the real feeling of being in those " worlds" and experiencing things in them from a point of view that is life like.

Im sure at first things added to current sports games will probably be "VR experiences " or demos, kinda of like the start of madden the last couple years. A short pre made scenario for you to play out in VR. Kind of like most "games" available for it now, dont seem to be full games. I would def try them out , and look forward to full games with VR as option of a way to play them.

Last edited by howboutdat; 01-11-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm interested in VR -- more for games like FSX or American Truck Simulator -- but I'd still use it if it worked well in sports games.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

I voted "very interested" in VR, though just plain old "interested" would probably cover it better. Who wouldn't be interested in the concept? Whether it is actually fun, well, that will be the question. I am interested if they ever get to a level that it is fun to play. Early attempts make that day seem pretty far away.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Toastandtoaster's Arena

OVR: 0

VR NFL 2k5 first person mode. Why yes, yes I would.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #6
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
I would if it was done properly, would need all of the following;
1) Sim over arcade
2) Backed by a big time developer (EA/2K)
3) Would need to be the whole game, not a gimmick. For them to do it right it would have to be 100% focus

That being said this isnt a reality because it will cut off such a huge amount of customers, no studio would want to do this. So ultimately what we get is indie titles that are poorly designed aiming at casual fans (if that) and I imagine down the line we will get gimmicks in the big titles but nothing worth playing more than a couple times.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes! Would be dope!
Old 01-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #8
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
If your talking about Joe Montana 16, than thats a strong "no".

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls »