What do you think of MLB The Show 17? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

What do you think of MLB The Show 17?

This is a discussion on What do you think of MLB The Show 17? within the Front Page Polls forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls
Poll: What do you think of MLB The Show 17?
Poll Options

Old 03-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
Executive Editor

MMChrisS's Arena

OVR: 57

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
Rookie

shanice73's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What do you think of MLB The Show 17?

Great, the best baseball game ever made.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

From someone who doesn't have the game yet but has watched closely from a distance, it does some things much better than previous versions but biggest, glaring, obvious problem this game still has is with it's presentation. MLB The Show has been the definition of eye candy in the past, it was an enviable looking game to play and enjoy for those who just couldn't. It could easily still reach that level again but right now it doesn't and falls short of many of its rival games.

Even in the sports category, I, unfortunately can't argue that it looks better than anything else out there. It's a shame because graphically they're models are superior it just doesn't convey itself easily when watching someone else play it.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:48 PM   #4
Rookie

raskal67's Arena

OVR: 3

The Game is amazing, truly. The online experience not so much.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would have voted Great, but all the servers troubles and queuing in Contest knocked my vote down to Good.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Not the best baseball game ever made(s I have played PYS 2015 on PS3), but a very close second AND one that is prob the best in the series for MLB The Show....

No reason not to buy it.

if your one the fence stop clenching to $63.80 and just spend the money!
Old 04-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #7
Rookie

It's good. It has a lot of holes that need plugged though. Franchise sucks for me because I can't do a Fantasy Draft that isn't a joke. Bad contract information makes team management way too easy as well. Hearing how much of a disaster online play is (awarding wins incorrectly and such) is now keeping me from getting a PS+ subscription (this is the only online game for PS4 that I have interest in right now).

That said, it still plays pretty well and is fun. After turning it from 4K to framerate-focused, my PS4P runs the game 99% well. Fielding needs a LOT of tuning (infield hits are almost impossible when everyone has make jump throws over the shoulder with pinpoint accuracy), but hitting is solid.

I really do wish, though, that they would take a few more cues from MLB 2K. They had pitching perfected, in my mind. Their stat base was seemingly wider than The Show's, in some respects (secondary position ratings being the most obvious). Franchise was done better in 2K 5 years ago, IMO. That's where I want the most improvement going forward to 2018. For this year, let's just hope they tune the abilities of a few things, like fielding tendencies and power.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #8
Pro

MLB 17 has some nice improvements to keep playing for multiple seasons without the next upgrade.

I feel like the updated face scans should have been done in MLB 14 or MLB 15 PS4! NBA 2k14 came out the box on PS4 and blew people away. MLB The Show is just now catching up several years later! It reminds me of the one Madden Release on PS4 that left everyone wondering what happened to the graphics after seeing NBA 2k14 but Madden improved the following year!

It now looks like a PS4 game I am assuming that this has to do with no longer developing on PS3. Watching your user controlled runner run through first base without that last frame hiccuping up and getting stuck in the animation is nice to see. But there are still crazy sped up animations with multiple runners running on the bases or running to field a ball! I was wondering if a PS4 PRO with high frame rate would fix this!

I would agree that while there are some good improvements it not the best Baseball game ever! It definitely needs some Next Generation competition from a realistic gameplay perspective.

Have to try to get my hands on that PYS game as I have seen some video of how that game plays its nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls »