Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #577
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

If the snow we just got yesterday (light) is gone by tomorrow I may try it. If not I'll just hit range.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #578
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

I played 3 times in January here in KY. Played on New Year's day which was nice. It's in the 20's now, so I don't think I'll be hitting the course anytime soon.

I did get a laser range finder for Christmas and I love it. My buddy always had one so I used his, but now I have my own and it really helps, especially when you travel away from your home course. My game is not so precise that I need to know the difference between 150 and 153 yards, but it is nice to know the exact distance to the pin or to a bunker, etc.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #579
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

I went out 2 Fridays ago, and shot horribly (for my expectations) on the front 9. I ended up with a 47 on the front.

However, on the 9th green, I was putting and did the Chevy Chase thing from Caddyshack when I hit (nanananananana). Anyway, while I was in the clubhouse, eating a hot dog, I was thinking about Chevy Chase's character in the movie and how when he was asked what he shoots, he said he doesn't keep score. So, I went to the 10th tee, and decided - ok, I'm going to put my scorecard up and just have fun out here. Well, I ended up parring 3 of the first 4 holes, and on the 14th hole, I caught up to these two older gentlemen who were playing, and they offered to let me jump in with them, so I said fine. I bogeyed the next hole and they asked how I was shooting, and I told them I had bogeyed that hole and had par'd 3 of the previous 4 (and told them what I got on each hole), but that I wasn't keeping score on a card or anything.

For the rest of the round, I continued to play with that mentality..just have fun, don't worry about the score. Well, after the 18th hole, apparently the two older men had been keeping up with my scores, and I ended up shooting a 39 on the back side.

I haven't been golfing since then, but I think I'm going to try to take that mentality to the course every time - just have fun. Apparently, it works.

So, other than telling this story, the other reason I'm posting is to remind everyone (because I had forgotten it), golf is supposed to be fun; so just go out and play.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Old 02-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #580
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

So true. When it all comes together, I can shoot close to par. But you know what? I don't practice enough to have that happen more than once or twice a year. Golf is what I do to relax. Beating myself up over a bad shot or a bad hole is the last thing I want to do. Sure, I'll go back over my round and make mental notes of where I should improve, but when I'm out there, I am mostly enjoying walking outside and focusing on the next shot.

I am itching to get back out there because I have new irons that I haven't brought on-course yet! Not much snow this year at all so far, so maybe we'll have an early start to the season.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #581
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I played for the first time since December, and only the second time since September today. Hit the ball very well. Hit 2 GIR's and 11 fairways. I'll take it. Just concentrated on a smooth swing and following through, and it worked wonders. However, I had 42 putts, so my score ended up being terrible. And it started raining on my on #15. But it was still a lot of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #582
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Not too bad to start of the preseason DJ - I'm hoping to sneak in a round tomm after work.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #583
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

I played yesterday afternoon for the first time since last summer when I gave up after having the ****** for my last 3 outings last year (Yes I bleeped that unspeakable word out).

Ended up pulling a 43 out of my *** on a difficult course. Could have been alot better too but I had 24 putts, with a four-putt . But they were tough greens and were slow as heck, and I did everything else really well without swinging a club for 6 months so I am quite pleased.

I usually would have been fuming, but it was just nice to get out and play.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #584
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
I said I had 42 putts, and that was wrong. It was actually 45. Ouch. Still struck the ball better than I had for a long, long time. I feel pretty good about this season. If I had averaged a two-putt (I'm normally between 32 and 36 putts on that particular course) and hadn't flubbed two chips, that's only 4 strokes of my best score.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »