Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #57
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Medicus to me is by far a better product that stack n tilt - unless you have a onsite teacher who knows how the swing works. There's a reason why many pros switched back to their old swings (Aaron Baddely) - because the SnT is a bit inconsistent.

If I would suggest any type of swing, and believe me I've tried ALL of them, it would be the youtube videos by Shawn Clement. He has great explanation of "stacked" n "tilt" - not to mention he speaks clearly.

While you're on youtube, check out Slicefixer (one word) - that guy is a legend at golfwrx forums. Heck, there is a book created by other users that include nothing but his posts from that forum, 290 pages worth.

Well, that's a great gift, $400 is a solid price - maybe even one I'd look into, but wouldn't be justified to the woman

I hope you enjoy them man - solid set.

Super congrats man. I remember when I broke 90, I plastered the scorecard on my wall for several months, until I broke 70
Thanks I'll check out the Shawn Clement stuff. Using the SnT with medicus really helped me though but I'll take all the help I can get.

And.....
I did it. Proud owner now of:

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 26

27 holes: Shot 40, 45, 46 today. The game got worse as the booze were consumed.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 12

I've been golfing my whole life, just very inconsistently. My dad was one of Miami's top golfers out of high school and has always been right around scratch (and was in the golf business when I was younger). So, I've had a club in my hand and been around courses since before I could walk. It was always great to have someone to give me lessons in house.

I haven't played quite as much recently because I'm a student and golf tends to be quite expensive here. I try to get out as much as possible, when I do its usually somewhere in the 80s. I can usually get the ball 275-315 yards down the fairway depending on how my back feels, but my putter is the best club in the bag for me. The past summers I would work at our family's course in Minnesota (Rush City) and could play roughly 36 holes a day after work, which led to me getting my game down to the mid to low 70s... If I can play on a regular basis I can be a pretty solid player, but that seems to be the biggest problem.

As far as what's in my bag, R7 Superquad, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro Irons, and Taylor Made Rossa Monza Corza putter. I need to upgrade my fairway woods sometime soon, been meaning to head to Edwin Watts to try some out. Hopefully looking to get some new irons as well if I can find some sort of career after my August graduation.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #60
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'm playing next weekend at Nevel Meade Golf Course in Prospect, KY. Its a links course. Been a few years since I played there, and am looking forward to taking on that course again. Last time, it got the better of me.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #61

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I need some recommendations, I need a driver. What's a good one for a post beginner, pre decent player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #62
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Ping G15 isn't bad, nor is the TaylorMade Burner. Both are fairly forgiving.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #63
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
first round with the new Ping G15 irons....shot 78. I'm in love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs
Shot an 84 today. First time I've ever broken 90. I was pumped. Missed a few short putts at the end, but I was extremely happy with how I played today. Makes me want to get back out and play again ASAP!
Nice rounds!

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 07-04-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #64
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Nice round!
thanks.

Par 71 course so I was +7 but I'll take it. Shot 38 on the front nine and 40 on the back. Had a good round going on the back until I shot an 8 on the Par 5, 16th. I put my tee shot into the water on the right and then my approach into the face of a bunker. Long hole. But rallied back with a birdie, par finish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »