Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #665
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

I've got to break the clubs out and start knocking the rust off my game. I've got a outting with my future Father In Law and his friends to Valhalla at the end of June start of July. I just want to be able to keep to under 3 balls lost in the round.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #666
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

2 "OK" rounds today. My putting let me down and I flubbed more than I'd like lol
However my driving was really good. I was hitting roughly 270-280 and on 1 par four I was about 10 yards short of driving it.
I missed a 4 or 5 fairways but all in play.

I ended round 1 at a 91 and even though the score was high I felt I made some strides. About 3 hours later we played round 2 and I shot and 86.
My game is so inconsistant where I could hit pure shots for 7 holes and then totally lose my irons the next 5. I have to get better at keeping my game in check.

Great, fun day and I know I'm improving so I feel good about that.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #667
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

First round of the year Saturday...and I guess I could call it a success.

Front nine was terrible though. Hungover from my bday party the night before probably didn't help. I couldn't get off the tee box...i don't think I hit a GIR and I had 3 three puts. 44

Back nine my driver finally started working. I was averaging 270 with 0 roll (the course is still pretty wet from winter). Still flubbed a couple approach shots and never found a legit birdie chance. 39

So I'll take an 83 to start off the season (Par 72)...I'm hoping I get to play more this year than I did last year....I probably played 10 times all of last summer.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #668
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Man that is huge. I wish I could do the same - it's so hard, but my weakness is worrying about other golfers and how they hit the ball. It's the reason why I've tried over 20 different golf methods in the span of 5 years, no joke.

I couldn't remember - but what was the grip change that resulted in less yardage? Is it more accurate?

I've started interlocking my left index finger with my right pinky. I was taught that I should do this many years ago, but never could. But, now I've started giving in a try, and I'm losing about 5 to 10 yards, on average, on all of my clubs, but my accuracy is MUCH improved, so it's worth the change.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #669
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Was in market for new bag. I love my Callaway bag but its a few years old and VERY heavy. I'm happy.

Well just like if I have a bad experience with a restaurant I don't go back....

Got the bag all set up and went to play. Notices left side of ball holder was sagging and when going over bumps it would come partially open...
the left "rod" that is used as a spring to keep area closed was cracked/bent.

So I took it back and just paid a bit more and went ahead and got a new Callaway bag.
What I like about this one is the dividers are in a straight line and not in circle formation. Also like where the umbrella "storage" is.
Zipper ball holder, so no breaking/bending of the rod.. lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #670
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

Rough round yesterday. Ended up with a 91, all thanks to my chipping and putting. I had several one putts, which were set up by some great chips. But, my shots off the tee were atrocious, and my iron game was non-existent, as my drives were always setting me up in the woods or in a position where I had no shot at the green.

My nasty slice returned yesterday, so I'll be going back out again tomorrow, to see if I can make some adjustments.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

PS4
Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #671
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
Rough round yesterday. Ended up with a 91, all thanks to my chipping and putting. I had several one putts, which were set up by some great chips. But, my shots off the tee were atrocious, and my iron game was non-existent, as my drives were always setting me up in the woods or in a position where I had no shot at the green.

My nasty slice returned yesterday, so I'll be going back out again tomorrow, to see if I can make some adjustments.
What were your misses like? I would take a look at your grip, try to have the right hand more under (palm faces more towards the sky - wouldn't be able to see back of right hand at address). Also, set up your feet at a draw - so if you're right handed, pull your right foot back just a bit - naturally creates a inside out swing.

Glad your short game saved ya - I honestly honed mine well enough that I would strike the ball off the tee like a 30 handicap, but the short game would be like a scratch. This was a result of nothing but bump n runs (7-PW) from wherever I'd miss.

So next time out, work on the grip - and short game use a lot more bump n runs - even out of the thick stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #672
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
What were your misses like? I would take a look at your grip, try to have the right hand more under (palm faces more towards the sky - wouldn't be able to see back of right hand at address). Also, set up your feet at a draw - so if you're right handed, pull your right foot back just a bit - naturally creates a inside out swing.

Glad your short game saved ya - I honestly honed mine well enough that I would strike the ball off the tee like a 30 handicap, but the short game would be like a scratch. This was a result of nothing but bump n runs (7-PW) from wherever I'd miss.

So next time out, work on the grip - and short game use a lot more bump n runs - even out of the thick stuff.
I don't think it's possible for me to use the bump and run approach any more. It's all I do around the green, unless I have to hit over a bunker or something. My 7 iron is my best friend around the green.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »