Home

Demo reviews for the Move?

This is a discussion on Demo reviews for the Move? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 24
Demo reviews for the Move?

I've read some positive reviews about Move implementation (so it deserves it's own thread I would think) on the EA board and now I'm getting a little excited that maybe I'll get TW13 for the Move this year since I can't stand what they have done with TW13 with dumbing down the game and changing the putting so I won;t enjoy it with the controller.

I don't have a Move but will gladly buy it for TW13 if has been improved. Apparently it doesn't incorporate this enhanced aiming marker telling you what club to use in the rough and bunker and uses precision putting and has a difficulty that is not too forgiving but still a challenge on tourney level much like TW10 had for me on the Wii.

Onlooker, I think you played the Wii version back then so is it similar in difficulty and comfort to that game?

Anybody tried it and have been pleasantly suprised. I remember one big criticism last year was how unwieldy it was navigating the menus with the wand so has that been fixed as well?

I won't enjoy TW13 with the controller this year so there's no way I can justify buying it but I still need my video golf game fix. Does TW sell a bundle packaged with the Move? Thanx in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Demo reviews for the Move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I don't have a Move but will gladly buy it for TW13 if has been improved. Apparently it doesn't incorporate this enhanced aiming marker telling you what club to use in the rough and bunker and uses precision putting and has a difficulty that is not too forgiving but still a challenge on tourney level much like TW10 had for me on the Wii.

Onlooker, I think you played the Wii version back then so is it similar in difficulty and comfort to that game?

Anybody tried it and have been pleasantly suprised. I remember one big criticism last year was how unwieldy it was navigating the menus with the wand so has that been fixed as well?

I won't enjoy TW13 with the controller this year so there's no way I can justify buying it but I still need my video golf game fix. Does TW sell a bundle packaged with the Move? Thanx in advance
I don;t have the Move or a PS3, but I would be shocked if the Move and Kinect feaures were different. The Kinect version has the aiming marker and I would bet the Move version does as well, but if this is not the case, then I am going to ask my contacts at EA why the two versions would be different, I won't respond to your controller issues as I believe I am going to be playing Kinect-only in TW13 as that gives me the closest thing to a simulation-like experience including TW for the Wii....
Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I don;t have the Move or a PS3, but I would be shocked if the Move and Kinect feaures were different. The Kinect version has the aiming marker and I would bet the Move version does as well, but if this is not the case, then I am going to ask my contacts at EA why the two versions would be different, I won't respond to your controller issues as I believe I am going to be playing Kinect-only in TW13 as that gives me the closest thing to a simulation-like experience including TW for the Wii....
Several posters have mentioned on the EA site that the Move is a different layout than the Kinect and controller and much more intuitive and tempo doesn't have nearly as much effect as the other controllers and you can use normal partial swings for in between shots rather than have the aiming marker determine the amount of backswing and tempo you should use. I have no idea why they would do this but boy am I glad they did especially with the putting. It has an aiming marker but moving it closer or farther doesn't have a direct impact with the swing you have to make ie: it's more natural and simple like last year.

Maybe there were time constraints so they didn't incorporate the new swing and just enhanced and refined the swing from last year. I have my fingers crossed that's the case.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

If that is true tbat its more feel with the MOVE then I'll be a bappy camper. Last thing I want is a golf game with no thinking or feel of the game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If that is true tbat its more feel with the MOVE then I'll be a bappy camper. Last thing I want is a golf game with no thinking or feel of the game.
Skyboxer, on the demo thread I gave my personal review about the Move this year, lets just I have alot of good things to say about it. The thinking part is still lacking but the implementation this year is phenominal IMO and is enough just to get the game for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

There was only one problem I have with TW 11 and it's move controls. When you wanted to swing 100%, you had to use a 100%/driving style swing, even if you were just hitting an approach shot or chipping.

Has that been changed since TW 11. Are there still swing types when you use the move. It was kind of silly having to pretend to use a full swing just for a little chip shot. I think it should be like in real golf where you determine how much effort you put into your swing. Driving requires more effort than a chip shot. If you were attempting a chip shot in 11 and you actually put chip shot effort into your swing, you would only hit the ball with 7% power.

So basically, has it changed. Just looking for an answer before I download the demo myself.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
There was only one problem I have with TW 11 and it's move controls. When you wanted to swing 100%, you had to use a 100%/driving style swing, even if you were just hitting an approach shot or chipping.

Has that been changed since TW 11. Are there still swing types when you use the move. It was kind of silly having to pretend to use a full swing just for a little chip shot. I think it should be like in real golf where you determine how much effort you put into your swing. Driving requires more effort than a chip shot. If you were attempting a chip shot in 11 and you actually put chip shot effort into your swing, you would only hit the ball with 7% power.

So basically, has it changed. Just looking for an answer before I download the demo myself.
It's not like that for TW13 and has changed for the better. DL the demo and try it for yourself because that's always going to the best indicator whether you're gonna like it or not. Other people's impressions can only do so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »