Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features

Who cares about fundamentals & physics when you have illuminated balls !!! Oh, wait, I do. FEA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Some of you are going to see your time here come to and end if the EA bashing doesn't come to an end. Trollers you've been warned.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #27
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2
I really liked 13 and have played it enough to unlock a few of the DLC courses without paying a thing for them. Hopefully they stick with that model, its an excellent compromise in my opinion.

One thing I think could have been easily improved and I hope it is, was weekly country club standings. All you had to do to be club champion was play the most holes. It seems that there should be a way to weight skill and results at least equally into the standings, especially since the World Rankings are already in career mode and it seems like the math could just be tweaked to do something similar with the CC weekly standings.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Wow, if that are the main changes then this edition is completely underwhelming except I guess for the arcade crowd. What is there to get excited about? LPGA, who the hell cares, 95% of the gamers have little interest in playing the LPGA tour because buyers are overwhelmingly male. Night golf with glow in the dark balls? That's fun for about 20 minutes. A legends mode that will be buggy and arcadey where it will be impossible to finish because the last few objectives you will need to shoot a 52 to beat them. It just sounds like last year's Tiger kiddie mode with old guys instead.

We need a totally revamped career and presentation mode where you actually feel like you are on the PGA tour and not playing against a score sheet. There is no excuse not to have that because its not a next gen limitation. Where you win a tourney and they show highlights afterward and trophy presentations, PGA stats and playoffs and the commentary and crowd actually react differently from the 1st round to the 4th round. Difficulty enhanced where you are not hitting fairways 95% of the time. Scoring updates that make you feel like you're actually competing against other golfers.

I know more info is coming but usually if the revamped presentation, career and online underwent major changes then they would be advertising that right away and not be gushing about glow in the dark balls and terrible story modes that get boring fast.

The devs need to understand that what sells sports games is the feel of realistic immersion and the TW series has failed miserably on that. That's why games like the Show and NBA2k series has been so successful. They make you feel like you are playing a real season with a real team with comprehensive stats overlays, deep commentary and numerous cut scenes that draw you into the game. The vast majority of gamers play because of franchise mode and that's what gives the game replay value.
1000% true

i would be the first one to buy that game if those things would be implemented! will hold off until then..
Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

I just want to love a TW game again.

Me and my buddies used to have EPIC battles on 05-06. Haven't really enjoyed a TW game since then.

It's not really even the arcade factor that made it enjoyable, but moreso that there wasn't anything that really bothered me, that was noticeable.

I'm a big sim head, and would love a golf game that represents exactly what you see on Thursday-Sunday, but realistically, I don't think this series will ever be there, but I'd at least like to see them try.

Things that still bother me, about the next gen efforts, are ball physics, presentation and the way players swing like wet noodles. There is no force or power. Looks like they are just going through the motion. Also the lack of swing animations to this point has been inexcusable.

It sounds like this year, they have addressed it, but we'll see to what extent.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #30
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Here's a feature bullet that was listed on EA Sports UK's website that didn't appear in the USA:

Hello Friends – Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14 has significantly upgraded the presentation elements as there are new tournament introductions, additional broadcast cameras, live updated stats throughout the round and much more! With the addition of over 3,000 camera shots, players will experience a tournament-like broadcast each and every time they tee off.

This is welcome news to me; I thought Tiger Wood 13 camera work was some of the weakest of the series. It sounds like they've recognized and addressed this. It also sounds like the Live Tournaments are going to be a lot more vibrant, with what sounds like hole-by-hole scoring updates for the entire tournament field and the ability to play in a semi-simultaneous grouping of up to 24 players (using shot tracer arcs and possibly live chat). It will be interesting to see how this new Live presentation will work. I just hope we can use these new camera options in Live Tournaments, unlike last year.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #31
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
I might get this. Ben Hogan and Bobby Jones are worth an upgrade over TW 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im looking forward to hearing more about the presentation upgrades, they really needed to do something. I can't imagine this 14 game being that much better than 13, but you never know. Maybe this is the revolutionary game we've been waiting for. The devs read the reviews on IGN, Gamespot and others. When you're told your game is 7.0-8.5, that's frustrating when Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Basketball are getting 9.0s which is basically a 10 in the sports gaming world. Crossing the fingers.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »