Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Trailer & Developer Blog - Legends of the Majors

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Trailer & Developer Blog - Legends of the Majors within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Trailer & Developer Blog - Legends of the Majors

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the latest Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 trailer, showcasing the Legends of the Majors mode, which gives players a chance to travel back in time and relive golf's rich history by teeing up against Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods.

EA Sports has also posted another Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developer blog with more details about the mode.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 ships on March 26th.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Trailer & Developer Blog - Legends of the Majors

At least that looks a lot more fun than that goofy kiddie mode from last year. I may actually try it out this year.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Let me say this about the "Kiddie" mode from last year.... It actually played out pretty nicely. They did some things that made the mode go by pretty quick (as long as you did not freeze when playing it....). I would pop over to it and play a couple challenges here and there...... If they use the same techniques with the legends mode this year, it could be even better....

All that said, Im a hardcore Tiger guy and modes like that are not what I want. I do however understand it brings over the casual guys to the game and builds a bigger base. So... If I had my way... Story Modes go bye bye.... Since Im not in charge and there will always be a story mode, their new way of presenting it (even in Tiger Kiddie mode) was one of the better ones they have done in the last 8 years.....
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm not a fan of the story modes either, but this one seems to have a bit more appeal than the past few years. I hope we're not going to be forced to play these Legends of the Majors challenges in the sepia filter mode equal to the year of that event's camera technology.... I want to see the action the way the players would have seen it with their own eyes.

The biggest benefit of this video is the opportunity to glean more game details from the ticker messages at the bottom in the menu screens. From this I learned that status points will once again determine the Club Champion for the week. I was hoping to get some details on how the online country club competitions have been expanded. The idea of a Country Club Tour and head to head Country Club competitions sounds fantastic. I'd just like to know more specifics about them. Ryder Cup style competitions maybe?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
All I want for CC's is the ability to hold a tournament where you can play online with your CC members. Last year you could create a tournament, but were only able to play by yourself and then upload the score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Just beware that playing this mode could cause some problems with the rest of the game. I firmly believe that the story mode from last year caused a lot the freezing problems people had with other modes.

I didn't even enter the story mode menu and I had no freezing problems whatsoever with TW13 last year while alot of people had continual problems with their game and played quite a bit of kiddie mode. Those modes take a lot of resources and Advanced AI and I bet it corrupted other files in the game once you accessed it.

I know I won't even enter the mode until I know their isn't problems with the vast majority of people who have already played it and aren't getting game freezes later.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
All I want for CC's is the ability to hold a tournament where you can play online with your CC members. Last year you could create a tournament, but were only able to play by yourself and then upload the score.
Grandmaster B, I can say that we'll at least be able to play our respective CC tournaments in simultaneous play with your fellow club members. You'll be able to be connected to them via an in-game voice chat facility, see their shot tracers depicting their shots in real time (provided they're on the same hole as you), and get an updated leaderboard, hole-by-hole. This will provide a much more live atmosphere than what we've had with Live Tournaments to date.

I seriously doubt that we're going to be able to play CC medal play tournaments in traditional multiplayer, turn-based play, but that hasn't been officially denied because the full features of online and country club play haven't been fully disclosed yet. I say I doubt it because I think this is hard for their game engine to handle in this context, based on their comments relating to such an idea over the last few years.

What I'm hoping for is that they will have found a way to build a structured matchplay tournament into Online Country Club competitions where we could play the match head-to-head. In such an event, the software wouldn't have to track what's going on elsewhere in the event and would be less prone to crashing due to network conflicts... that's my guess anyway.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Just beware that playing this mode could cause some problems with the rest of the game. I firmly believe that the story mode from last year caused a lot the freezing problems people had with other modes.
You may very well be on to something here... I didn't touch the Legacy mode myself last year, and I had relatively few issues with freezing. I'll definitely sit out "Legends of the Majors" until we've had some feedback on how it might be affecting online play freezing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »