Home

HB Studios golf game

This is a discussion on HB Studios golf game within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
HB Studios golf game

There's enough information on the net and You Tube now to establish that HB Studios is developing and plans to publish their own golf game (name unknown at this time). You can see video of the game from last July in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWupEz_XEGY. The first glimpse of the golf game occurs at ~2:45 into the clip and pops up several more times later in the clip.

We also have an article related to it that was written by Colin Mieczkowski (aka Golfsprince here) at The GP Golf Report - http://gpgolfreport.com/2013/09/10/n...-on-golf-game/ Colin had contact with a representative of HB Studios, who suggested the game should be out in the first half of 2014.

Both the video and Golfsprince's story speak about the game's course creator (although the game's Executive Producer, Peter Garcin refers to it as a "course generator" in The Game Code video I linked). This will be a huge advantage for the game if they can pull this off and users are actually able to create courses that others truly want to play. It's hard to imagine designing a golf course from a gamepad, but they seem to be down with it. I pointed out that Peter Garcin referred to it as a course generator because that could imply that you are presented stock, generated courses on which to make modifications. I doubt that's the case, as the screens the devs were showing in the video seemed to be a much deeper seeded interface than a simple generator/modifier.

For a game that was rumored to have an April/May release date, I'm a little surprised that we haven't read or seen more about this game since Colin's article back in September. I'm really stoked for this game and hope that it's at least still on track for a release sometime this year. HB Studios doesn't seem to be bogged down in corporate mentality and aren't afraid to tackle innovation and creativity.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 01-16-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: HB Studios golf game

Thanks for posting, I love Links and was sad to see it end. I tried Tiger one year but didn't like the fact that it had no autumn courses. And each year I've looked to see if the new Tiger would have autumn courses and they never do...so I've never bought Tiger again. I just get the feeling of sameness and boredom when every course is a summer course...

I'm definitely going to check this out as maybe this game will actually get me to buy a non a hot Shots type game for once...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 01-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

My net here is too slow to load the video...any autumn courses in the game?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 01-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
My net here is too slow to load the video...any autumn courses in the game?
You mostly only see what looks like course creator, overhead map-designer views in what they show on screen. The only 3D view of the game in action is the top half of a screen that's in the foreground while one of the developers is being interviewed. You can see the shoulders-up, of a golfer who is swinging his arms, but doesn't have a club in his hands. You can then see a trajectory arc, apparently showing what would be the trajectory of the shot if the golfer were to put a swing on it what whatever could he would have in his hands with said swing. You certainly can't see anything in this short, partial view that suggests anything of season.

If this game is still on track for an April or May release, I'm surprised that we aren't at least seeing some screen shots at this point. Of course, they're publishing it themselves so they can market it however they choose. As hungry as the market is for a next-gen golf game is right now, I don't think it will take a huge marketing effort to generate profitable sales
Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
You mostly only see what looks like course creator, overhead map-designer views in what they show on screen. The only 3D view of the game in action is the top half of a screen that's in the foreground while one of the developers is being interviewed. You can see the shoulders-up, of a golfer who is swinging his arms, but doesn't have a club in his hands. You can then see a trajectory arc, apparently showing what would be the trajectory of the shot if the golfer were to put a swing on it what whatever could he would have in his hands with said swing. You certainly can't see anything in this short, partial view that suggests anything of season.

If this game is still on track for an April or May release, I'm surprised that we aren't at least seeing some screen shots at this point. Of course, they're publishing it themselves so they can market it however they choose. As hungry as the market is for a next-gen golf game is right now, I don't think it will take a huge marketing effort to generate profitable sales
Ok well let's hope that, unlike EA, they realize people golf in all three seasons (some even in winter as well LOL) and not just the damned summer time...

Besides, how can you omit fall when golf games are known for their beauty and fall is the most colorful and most beautiful time of the year???!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
There's enough information on the net and You Tube now to establish that HB Studios is developing and plans to publish their own golf game (name unknown at this time). You can see video of the game from last July in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWupEz_XEGY. The first glimpse of the golf game occurs at ~2:45 into the clip and pops up several more times later in the clip.

We also have an article related to it that was written by Colin Mieczkowski (aka Golfsprince here) at The GP Golf Report - http://gpgolfreport.com/2013/09/10/n...-on-golf-game/ Colin had contact with a representative of HB Studios, who suggested the game should be out in the first half of 2014.

Both the video and Golfsprince's story speak about the game's course creator (although the game's Executive Producer, Peter Garcin refers to it as a "course generator" in The Game Code video I linked). This will be a huge advantage for the game if they can pull this off and users are actually able to create courses that others truly want to play. It's hard to imagine designing a golf course from a gamepad, but they seem to be down with it. I pointed out that Peter Garcin referred to it as a course generator because that could imply that you are presented stock, generated courses on which to make modifications. I doubt that's the case, as the screens the devs were showing in the video seemed to be a much deeper seeded interface than a simple generator/modifier.

For a game that was rumored to have an April/May release date, I'm a little surprised that we haven't read or seen more about this game since Colin's article back in September. I'm really stoked for this game and hope that it's at least still on track for a release sometime this year. HB Studios doesn't seem to be bogged down in corporate mentality and aren't afraid to tackle innovation and creativity.
You know, I didn't reali Peter was the executive producer because he was the one I spoke too so now we know that it's 1000% going to happen and soon. I also appreciate you guys reading my article as well, hopefully you find it informative!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Guys, I've started a thread about HB Studios golf game in their official forum this afternoon. I didn't even know they had one until I did a Google search for it... you can't find it from their home page. Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea for those of us who are interested to register there and voice our support, questions, and suggestions for the game there. We might be able to have a dialogue with the developers there and this might help them gauge the overall level of interest in the game. Here's the link to the thread I started:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=496.0
Old 01-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just registered

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS