Home

The Golf Club: Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club: Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #25
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The Golf Club: Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
That would be reassuring. I'm tired of watching their ghost balls fall in formations within the fairway, and green, while their putts fall 1, 2, 3 in the holes.
Sounds like the AI is making sure the final shot totals are accurate.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

So does the distance of the aiming marker impact how far your putt goes or not?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
So does the distance of the aiming marker impact how far your putt goes or not?
No. It's only there as a guideline to let you know how far the putt is (or how far you want to aim) and the slope. Putting is solely dependent on how far and how straight you draw the putter back and bring it forward.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #28
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
Anyone else having issues getting vsync to stay turned on and save in the settings? Mine keeps going back to off.

Also, anyone have any impressions on what vsync does when it comes to gameplay? I was under the impression this is mainly for framerate, but just wondering if it has any effect on gameplay, controller lag, etc.
I found the game to be jerky when vsync was set to on for me. Once I turned it off, the game was much smoother. However, I did not notice any significant difference in the visuals at all, other than smoothness.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #29
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
No. It's only there as a guideline to let you know how far the putt is (or how far you want to aim) and the slope. Putting is solely dependent on how far and how straight you draw the putter back and bring it forward.
And how quick / smooth you come forward with the stroke has an effect as well.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #30
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

One of the many reasons I love this title. I chose a well designed course(hardest) and was +4 after 4.

It was on hole 5 that I made the conscious decision to focus on one hole at a time. This is eerily similar to the way I approach my real golf game.

The coolest part was the decision to either play it safe, or be aggressive each and every hole, with full understanding of what the ramifications could/would be, if I played it aggressive. Simply put - I had to pick and choose my spots. I finished the round shooting even par, and could look back on the course with an understanding of where I made mistakes.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #31
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
One of the many reasons I love this title. I chose a well designed course(hardest) and was +4 after 4.

It was on hole 5 that I made the conscious decision to focus on one hole at a time. This is eerily similar to the way I approach my real golf game.

The coolest part was the decision to either play it safe, or be aggressive each and every hole, with full understanding of what the ramifications could/would be, if I played it aggressive. Simply put - I had to pick and choose my spots. I finished the round shooting even par, and could look back on the course with an understanding of where I made mistakes.
I agree. I was a bit disappointed with the difficulty last night when I played rounds on the two courses listed as "easy". I shot -14 on one, and -8 on the other. Then I played a few holes on a hard course. I knew I didnt have time to finish the round, but I wanted to check out a different course visually. through 5 holes, I was +4 already. Thank god I didnt have time to finish that round lol

It is a very fun game to play, and can be challenging. You can't just "grip and rip" every shot like you can in EA's TW series because you just never know where its going to end up because you can't look down the fairway 250 yards to aim your shots. It's refreshing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Wow... I could've sworn that the distance of the aiming marker made a difference!! This is on the PC early release. Guess it was just playing mind tricks with me then!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »