Home

Jack's Record Is Safe

This is a discussion on Jack's Record Is Safe within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Jack's Record Is Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Seymour Woods played his best golf by far under Harmon to be sure. His distance control with his irons was miraculous. But I think that "swing" lead to his knee problems.

Every thing is over analyzed today. Just hit the ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
The story I heard about his knee is that he first injured his knee doing Navy Seal type training, I kid you not. He became fascinated with fitness and bulking up and the training Navy Seals did which I would imagine is due to his father's military background. The knee got progressively worse as a result where he had to have major surgery to correct it in 2008. And after that the injuries started to pile up which probably is partially a result of pushing himself too hard with weight training and other training disciplines as well as that violent swing. Apparently he also suffered an achilles tendon problem as well from his rigorous training to a point where he had to change the style of shoe he wore on the course a few years ago to give his heel better support.

Then of course you have whispers on Tiger's involvement with the Biogenesis scandal and Anthony Bosch. I think's Tiger's obsession with fitness and trying to slow down the aging process ending up doing the exact opposite. He has worn out his body and suffered injuries that could have been avoided and looks like an aging 39 year old golfer out there.
I was going to post this as well. I have heard that Tiger's original knee problem started when he was f'n around with Navy Seals training, and everything sort of cascaded from there. I have also heard the whispers about Biogenesis etc., and frankly, none of that is hard to believe if it turns out to be true.

But even without the speculation/rumor of steroids, if the Navy Seals training thing is true, that itself is just so ridiculously dumb I don't even know where to start. I know it's all unverified, but the stories have been out there for a while now and it's well-known he idolized his career-military dad and his insanely inflated ego was peaking around that time as well. I never bought into this idea that his swing was somehow too violent and caused his injuries; yes, he torqued hard on that left knee, but unless he already had a serious injury there, it should not have led to multiple surgeries and left him in a debilitating state (after all, he's not the only guy with a hard post-up and swivel on the left side). It makes more sense that he had the original (non-golf-related) knee injury, compensated by changing his swing, and was simultaneously bulking up and further altering his swing which then led to further injuries (back, etc.).

Honestly, I'm not sure why he's even out there at this point. He's not competitive, he seems to aggravate some old injury or ailment every other round, and he's just a side-show to the actual tournament most of the time. I don't ever doubt that he still has the ability to compete at the highest level (as he occasionally shows), but putting together 4 solid competitive rounds seems to be beyond his physical abilities at this point (for health reasons). None of that is going to get better as he gets on the other side of 40. For someone who has always been of the mind that he wants to be the best or he doesn't even want to be out there, he really only seems to have 1 option at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergoy
Agreed, I think it is safe to ask whether or not he will win a major on the senior tour if and when he gets there.
I can't imagine Tiger ever playing the Senior Tour. He seems more like a "retire into a life of business ventures and golf course design" kind of guy. The Senior Tour was originally a place for legends to basically cash in during the twilight of their careers at a time when the money in golf was finally getting pretty sweet (given that most of the legends played during a time when they didn't make all that much, all things considered). But in the modern era, most of these guys make so much money during their playing days, they really don't need to go out on what's clearly a secondary tour during their retirement years. These days, it seems like the "Champion's Tour" (I hate that name, BTW) is more like a career extension option for middle-of-the-road tour players who need to keep cashing a check for as long as possible. There are obviously some notable exceptions, but most of the time, I basically watch those tournaments to see if I can recognize some obscure former Tour players (the "hey, I remember that guy!" factor) and also to see how old I can feel (also known as, "that guy is on the SENIOR tour now??? Jesus, I'm old....).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 24

I also doubt Tiger plays the senior tour. Most guys just do it for the money which is a pretty good gig for 50+ year old athletes. And many guys will lose thier competitive fire knowing they are competing on a secondary tour. Even Jack only played briefly on the senior tour. Tiger doesn't need the money and it will probably feel like he's playing a minor league tour by doing it.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:36 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 18

I couldn't see Woods ever playing the Senior Tour and getting his clock cleaned by a guy who couldn't hold his jock strap on the Jr. Tour. I feel bad for the guy and all he's been put through with the marriage and all of that. I'd bet some of us did the same kind of thing but nobody cared enough to write about it.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
I couldn't see Woods ever playing the Senior Tour and getting his clock cleaned by a guy who couldn't hold his jock strap on the Jr. Tour. I feel bad for the guy and all he's been put through with the marriage and all of that. I'd bet some of us did the same kind of thing but nobody cared enough to write about it.
He was boinking everything that moved. It wasn't one woman. And it wasn't like he didn't have the opportunity to get it out of his system before he got hitched. If he knew he was like that, then don't get married. It's hard to feel bad for a serial cheater.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #45
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
He was boinking everything that moved. It wasn't one woman. And it wasn't like he didn't have the opportunity to get it out of his system before he got hitched. If he knew he was like that, then don't get married. It's hard to feel bad for a serial cheater.
Yeah, hard to feel bad for the guy, since he brought it all on himself. I mean, he was young, rich, famous, athletic. You know you're gonna wanna horse around, why not do it for a while, then at some point settle down and have the family? No need to f*-up your spouse and kids' life because you haven't sowed all your wild oats yet. 100% self-inflicted wound.

This is why, much as I hated him during his playing career, the right way to do it is Derek Jeter. Jeets has been nailing every hot piece of tail this side of Jupiter for the better part of 2 decades, but it doesn't matter because he isn't married so no one says sh*t about it (as well they shouldn't).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 18

Tough to watch this guy play the front nine.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Tough to watch this guy play the front nine.

Painful is the word to describe my experience watching this. David Duval was the last player that I enjoyed watching who's game has fallen as hard as TW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2015, 08:52 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Painful is the word to describe my experience watching this. David Duval was the last player that I enjoyed watching who's game has fallen as hard as TW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He just looks like a beaten man out there. Doesn't seem to care. I was never a fan of his mini tantrums out on the course but he has done a complete 180 in that regard. I never thought he would falter this badly so quickly at his age. He's still relatively young for a golfer.

Yikes, anyone just see his drive on the 11th. OMG it looks like it went into a different time zone. The only suspense is whether he's gonna break 80 today. Long shot to make the cut at this point. If he flames out here, he may just pack it in for the rest of the year after tomorrow. He looks like a Sunday hacker out there. Geez even the 15 year old Cole Hammer is gonna shoot a better round.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 06-18-2015 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »