Home

The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2017, 02:40 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

holy mother I cannot hit a single shot straight. tried playing the "player" level clubs and my word. I barely stayed OB. going. to be a struggle this year... anyone found success hitting straighter?

also I'm confused as to what contributes to a fast/slow back swing vs down swing?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

#GoPackGo
Old 06-29-2017, 03:01 AM   #74
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
holy mother I cannot hit a single shot straight. tried playing the "player" level clubs and my word. I barely stayed OB. going. to be a struggle this year... anyone found success hitting straighter?

also I'm confused as to what contributes to a fast/slow back swing vs down swing?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
It's seems to be broken, i know for a fact im going straight back and forward and it will veer off way left or right even if i was a little off, it should veer way off. I hope they fix it, because it's truly effecting gameplay.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:38 AM   #75
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
The swing mechanic isn't broken. It's different than TGC and any other swing mechanic ever released.

It takes an Ernie Els/Freddie Couples mindset while swinging. It is rhythmic and you do not want to accelerate through impact which is the only downside IMO.

Keep practicing because it plays a great game of golf with realistic outcomes once you have practiced it for a while. You will not master this swing anytime soon, if ever. I have over 100 rounds in and I am still learning new things every round.
Yep. I switched to Tour clubs and was all over the place...
Until I got my tempo in check and now I'm hitting great.
It'd not just straight back and forth.. it's also tied to good tempo.

I still from time to time throw out a crap shot but that's to be expected.
Love Tour Clubs now and last round with all aids off except green grid I shot a -4

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-29-2017 at 03:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 06:47 AM   #76
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
It's seems to be broken, i know for a fact im going straight back and forward and it will veer off way left or right even if i was a little off, it should veer way off. I hope they fix it, because it's truly effecting gameplay.
It's nowhere near broken, at all. Im using tour clubs on PS4 and haven't missed much. Takes practice. It's not easy. Sure as heck ain't broken...
Old 06-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You need to stop with this.

First, the poster you are responding to isn't the one who can't play because of the online restrictions.

Second, and maybe most important, no one has complained about the actual game. It's a great game, most have acknowledged that.

You were the one who started this argument for no reason. It's fair for someone without an internet connection to be disappointed that they can't enjoy this game.

You're the one who put your foot in your mouth saying you aren't aware of any other sports game that doesn't require an internet connection to be played when literally all of them have that capability.

It's okay to admit you were wrong. No one is saying this game is poorly made or put together.

They are just saying it's unfortunate that the offline mode isn't actually an offline mode.

Stop taking it so personal, you don't have to admit you were wrong about the whole "there is no other sports game that doesn't require online connection" and most importantly, take your own advice from one of your earlier posts and just move on.
I am not taking anything personal. I also don't see the need for the condescending response.

I will apologize for my aggressive responses. That was unnecessary.

I understand the console versions have 18 courses to play offline. I am not sure if the PC versions do. Every other course available to play is on HB's server. When you choose a course that is not one of the stock courses already on the hard drive, the game takes the course data from the server and the course generator that is on the hard drive generates the course on the fly. Therefore you can't have a truly "offline Career Mode" without the ability to save courses to the hard drive and I believe that is an issue with Sony and/or MS as to why they don't allow user created courses to be saved on the users hard drive. I thought everyone understood this and it is apparently not the case, so please excuse my incorrect assumption.

If I am not mistaken, I am pretty sure the rules for saving user-created content on consoles are pretty strict and may be the main reason this functionality does not exist. If this is indeed the case, then HB and MG need to make sure the game information prior to and after release is clear on this.

Moving on.......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

Last edited by DivotMaker; 06-29-2017 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:24 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
What you may be experiencing are issues related to the server performance or lack thereof. Hang in there and see if your results don't improve once they get the server issues ironed out. Let us know if you see any difference.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Really interested in this. Might go for PS4 version - as I have the Pro.

If I enjoy it may then pick it up for the One X in November. Suppose could go for Xbox One now and it will carry over to the One X.

Has anybody directly compared the PS4 and X1 versions yet ?

I'm liking what I'm hearing about the swing mechanics itself.

However, not confident regarding the servers at the minute. Due for release tomorrow in UK (and rest of Europe).

So expect another bottleneck on Friday and over the weekend ?

Cheers
Old 06-29-2017, 08:12 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

FWIW, I was having a ton of trouble hitting anything that wasn't a dead hook with my driver. When my pace was okay, my swing line would be off. When I got the swing nice and straight, my tempo would he wrong. This is with Player clubs.

Then I switched from the right stick swing to the left and suddenly I'm having no problems hitting it straight off the tee. If you're struggling, I'd give this a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »