Home

The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 12:22 AM   #25
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Owl
Playing on Xbox One. This might be a dumb question, but can you download user created courses for offline use?

As of now, only TGC Official courses can be played offline. If they do it like TGC1, some user created courses will become playable in offline mode or when the servers aren't working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 12:39 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm glad I got the pc version- playing in offline mode and having a lot of fun. Framerate is definitely better than last version- still can't max out everything but can maintain closer to 60 and the graphics are a step up as well.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:40 AM   #27
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You could not play TGC1 In career mode offline either. And it was a tacked on DLC career mode that was awful. No comparison.
You actually could play it offline, unless we are speaking of two different modes. All I know is I played a "career" mode of sorts that was offline in TGC1. It had multiple events and rounds for each. Either way it is more than what TGC2 has offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It is offline. It's the in-game career mode. You create your own season by using the templates offered.

Go to Career > Create Season from Template > choose level

This will be against AI opponents.
I can't. When I went to choose the career option from the main menu it tells me I have to connect to a network.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION

Last edited by OPDriver; 06-28-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:10 AM   #28
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow. What an Improvement over tgc

Could never get used to the wonky graphics in first one (xbo) and it was just boring sometimes to pay.... but so was Rory ..

This has much improved graphics (need to see some of the spectacular lighting on certain courses times of day). Really huge Improvement on xbo.

Game play is stilt solid as ever and even better swing, options for difficulty and the putting is glorious and hard to be great at. I'm not a social gamer so not sure how societies will work for me but the core game play is all there.

Btw, servers are back up

Great job guys excellent second effort,
Old 06-28-2017, 03:23 AM   #29
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPDriver
You actually could play it offline, unless we are speaking of two different modes. All I know is I played a "career" mode of sorts that was offline in TGC1. It had multiple events and rounds for each. Either way it is more than what TGC2 has offered.

I can't. When I went to choose the career option from the main menu it tells me I have to connect to a network.

Unfortunately, your both right. PC can apparently play career offline, while consoles can't. I watched a guy streaming his career mode offline on a pc, but I couldn't get it to load on the PS4 during the server outages.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #30
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Finally got in a way too short session this morning before work. All I did was customize my golfer and practice driving and putting. I already love it.

-Playing on XB1. Graphics and frame rate are much better, at least on the practice courses. I'll adjust graphic options if the game bogs down on the regular courses.

-I love the new swing mechanic and how shots are more variable now, depending on your clubs and tempo.

-Tutorials are a nice addition and I plan to run through all of those.

-I like customization options for the golfer. Lots of clothing and color options. I also like that you can set different outfits for each round of a tournament.

I'm really glad I picked this up and can't wait to play more.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 06-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #31
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

I didnt play the first one, but this one had me interested. Plus i had a 10$ off coupon on psn to use, so 29$ cant beat it .

Ok so first off, the server issues, while it does suck, i sorta expected it. A smaller company, with alot of people( more than they could test) hitting servers all at once. Not surprised by the server issues, i have no doubt in a few days they will have that more stablized. So for now,im willing to overlook that part.

Personally i really like the game( from what i have played) . i love the fact you dont see a bar , and can just hit most shots spot on the mark you want , like in Tiger woods games( maybe Roys too , i dunno havent played it but i expect is same). I like you have to judge your power by looking at backswing. Making your stick movement straight up and down, thats all very realistic . Harder than a bar, sure, but if you have ever played real golf, you know thats how it really is.

Putting, same thing, i like you dont see how hard your hitting it, its a judgement call like real life, just gotta have a feel for it. I do want to see the hiccup that happens some times on your backswing on the puts though.Its not killing me, but would be great to see fixed, i feel like in a patch it will be .

the course design tool, what little i played with it was a nice tool,and i love when developers add those to their games. Since most games are online focused now in days, its really a great tool to add to your game, because it can add alot more to a game. I mean after you play all the premade stuff, its always fun( to me ) to try out other people creations. Its a win /win for everyone most of the time. People who arent developers, can still feel like they get to create parts of a game , how they want them. Also it makes the game stay active longer, thus more sales for longer periods because people continue playing the game more( also with micros spend more money) and it just makes the quantity of the game go up more and more. Also for the dev team who made the game, its kinda like having free work done for you. I mean they may make say 15 courses, and then your customers make 100,000 courses...#FreeLabor

I look forward to playing this title alot more once servers are more stable. To me this game has a more simulation feel to me, mainly due to how you you have to "feel" or judge your swing . Anyone that wants to play some rounds, feel free to hit me up on psn.

Speaking of which is there a PSN Community for OS for this title already? If not maybe someone could create one. My psn is Poohty_t fell free to add me and hit me up to play a round or so.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPDriver

Not sure why being connected online matters so much.....there is no game out today that doesn't require some sort of connection to an online server.

Return the game if it bothers you so much.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »