Home

The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #361
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

Check out the read on THIS putt folks.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QEadmGr1wYE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #362
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Recent patches have done almost nothing for updating stats as far as I can tell. My handicap log is updating, and showing accurate dates finally, but the overall stats for my golfer, they updated around the time of the patch, but having changed since. Pretty sad...

Course searching and filters.... still isn't working properly. So, good luck searching for a specific difficulty, or other characteristic for a course.

Playing on XB1 here. Enjoying the game, but the little things, that still aren't working a month later have me getting ready to pack it in. Enough is enough already.

Great idea... just poor execution so far IMO.

Last edited by brandon27; 07-21-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Recent patches have done almost nothing for updating stats as far as I can tell. My handicap log is updating, and showing accurate dates finally, but the overall stats for my golfer, they updated around the time of the patch, but having changed since. Pretty sad...

Course searching and filters.... still isn't working properly. So, good luck searching for a specific difficulty, or other characteristic for a course.

Playing on XB1 here. Enjoying the game, but the little things, that still aren't working a month later have me getting ready to pack it in. Enough is enough already.

Great idea... just poor execution so far IMO.
I agree, poor execution. This is a bug fest and I'm just about out patience with it.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #364
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Hey guys, my wife and I have been playing this game since day one and occasionally she will have a short putt and just really hit the ball WAY too hard and I'll be like "why did you hit it so hard??" and she'll insist she didn't..

Anyways, today she had to leave early to go work out so she asked me to play her last 3 holes on our society tournament for her. So she leaves and I start playing and get to a short putt, I hit it like I normally do and BAM!! The hit of the ball is WAY too hard and the ball obviously doesn't go into the cup and goes really far away..

So I realize now she wasn't just saying that, her control using her golfer and/or clubs is somehow different and wacks the ball a lot harder on the short stuff.

Now I sort of feel bad about telling her to quit hitting it so hard all these times. I just shot +12 on the last 4 holes because of this...

Anyone know what gameplay setting, or club for putting or what she may have changed to cause this? I poked around in her settings and didn't see anything. She is using the regular, easiest to use club set.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #365
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hey guys, my wife and I have been playing this game since day one and occasionally she will have a short putt and just really hit the ball WAY too hard and I'll be like "why did you hit it so hard??" and she'll insist she didn't..

Anyways, today she had to leave early to go work out so she asked me to play her last 3 holes on our society tournament for her. So she leaves and I start playing and get to a short putt, I hit it like I normally do and BAM!! The hit of the ball is WAY too hard and the ball obviously doesn't go into the cup and goes really far away..

So I realize now she wasn't just saying that, her control using her golfer and/or clubs is somehow different and wacks the ball a lot harder on the short stuff.

Now I sort of feel bad about telling her to quit hitting it so hard all these times. I just shot +12 on the last 4 holes because of this...

Anyone know what gameplay setting, or club for putting or what she may have changed to cause this? I poked around in her settings and didn't see anything. She is using the regular, easiest to use club set.

Thought that was supposed to be fixed in the last update. I've actually been noticing some weird frame rate drops in my backswing. Not game breaking. Just makes the swing look odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #366
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Thought that was supposed to be fixed in the last update. I've actually been noticing some weird frame rate drops in my backswing. Not game breaking. Just makes the swing look odd.

I've noticed framerate issues as well post patch. Either during the backswing, or as the camera starts to head down the fairway after my shot. Never happened before prior to the patch. It's very brief in both instances when it happens, but it's cost me several strokes when it happens during my backswing.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #367
Just started!

Sorry for posting here I don't know where else to post and although I have been on the forum for 2 months it doesn't let me create a thread yet.

I am in a society on ps4 called Causeway Coast Virtual Golf and they have a pro and am tour as well as a 2 ball and 4 ball tour. I think I have my 2 ball partner but am looking for some players to join me on my 4 ball team. I am currently a 2.2 hcp and will be playing on the amateur tour when I play alone so I am not expecting to win I just want to have some fun and some laughs. I am planning on twitching/youtube all my rounds and am hoping that all 4 of us can play together every week (I know this won't always be possible)

Anyways if you are interested please let me know on here or send me a message on my psn its jdub77713

Thanks
Jeremy
Old 07-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #368
Rookie

PRO_TOO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I've noticed framerate issues as well post patch. Either during the backswing, or as the camera starts to head down the fairway after my shot. Never happened before prior to the patch. It's very brief in both instances when it happens, but it's cost me several strokes when it happens during my backswing.
same here. after the latest patch i sometimes have this little stutter when swining back. wasnt there before the patch. nothing major but its there.

had a blast of a round of 18 holes at habor something against a buddy last night. we had some fun... laughed a lot... he enjoyed TGC2 like i do.
we wanted to play 9 holes but decided to pull trough. it ended even (both +18)! again... so much fun!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »