Home

The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #65
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I agree to disagree. That horse is dead, why keep beating it?

Move on please.
No one is beating a dead horse. Just discussing the poor communication on HBS's part on not being clear that you had to be connected to the internet to play "offline" career mode. When you say "offline" it implies not being connected to the internet.

I understand the frustration of those that bought the game thinking career mode would be available apart from an internet connection and would be interested to hear HBS's reasoning for this. As someone stated earlier, they probably have a reason, but it just seems crazy that you have to be connected to the internet to play a career solely made up of "stock" courses that come with the game apart from the servers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 31

Good to see HB Studios is well aware and working on the server issues.....once they fix it this game is going to be tons of fun playing with others.

We have a healthy amount of PS4 guys out there playing each night so far.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
No one is beating a dead horse. Just discussing the poor communication on HBS's part on not being clear that you had to be connected to the internet to play "offline" career mode. When you say "offline" it implies not being connected to the internet.

I understand the frustration of those that bought the game thinking career mode would be available apart from an internet connection and would be interested to hear HBS's reasoning for this. As someone stated earlier, they probably have a reason, but it just seems crazy that you have to be connected to the internet to play a career solely made up of "stock" courses that come with the game apart from the servers.
If you feel so passionate about this, go post in their forums and get it changed.

I get it, you don't like having to be connected to the internet to play what you and others assumed was strictly offline. Fine. We all get it.

Every non-career round is communicating with the servers every hole. I am sure there are course and/or GUI assets that require an internet connection since every non-career round requires a connection. This is the only Golf game that I have played that has this requirement. Sorry that doesn't work for you.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #68

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
If you feel so passionate about this, go post in their forums and get it changed.

I get it, you don't like having to be connected to the internet to play what you and others assumed was strictly offline. Fine. We all get it.

Every non-career round is communicating with the servers every hole. I am sure there are course and/or GUI assets that require an internet connection since every non-career round requires a connection. This is the only Golf game that I have played that has this requirement. Sorry that doesn't work for you.
You need to stop with this.

First, the poster you are responding to isn't the one who can't play because of the online restrictions.

Second, and maybe most important, no one has complained about the actual game. It's a great game, most have acknowledged that.

You were the one who started this argument for no reason. It's fair for someone without an internet connection to be disappointed that they can't enjoy this game.

You're the one who put your foot in your mouth saying you aren't aware of any other sports game that doesn't require an internet connection to be played when literally all of them have that capability.

It's okay to admit you were wrong. No one is saying this game is poorly made or put together.

They are just saying it's unfortunate that the offline mode isn't actually an offline mode.

Stop taking it so personal, you don't have to admit you were wrong about the whole "there is no other sports game that doesn't require online connection" and most importantly, take your own advice from one of your earlier posts and just move on.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:38 PM   #69
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Haven't been able to connect since 6pm or so now. That's just awful. No way around it.

I did however manage to get the first 4 holes created of my local course I play most often around here though. So that's pretty cool. Seems longer when I play it for real, rather than in this game though. May have to lengthen some of the holes with an extra set of tees than what really exist. Great feature though, especially now that I'm getting the hang of it.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know there were server issues tonight, but how do you golf with another person without a lobby? By adding a rival? I just like chatting with someone while playing.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #71
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

As much as I like this game, the servers need fixed sooner than later. Tonight was my most frustrating experience yet. The game taking 5 minutes to load something, the loading even got stuck on one course soon as it loaded and had to back out fully, and of course it wouldn't even load a single ghost or rival to play with.

They'll get it ironed out just frustrating tonight. Really aggravated right now.

With that said, I've played offline a few rounds and the load times are a lot better and of course it plays wonderful but you don't get any of the perks of playing online such as ghosts and money. Games been excellent but unforutnely the server experience is ruining the enjoyment right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 11:57 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 31

I can understand the frustration.

I plan to monitor HB on twitter and play sparingly until they announce improvements.

Excited when it gets running at full throttle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »