Home

TGC2 OS community courses thread

This is a discussion on TGC2 OS community courses thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #41
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: TGC2 OS community courses thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Here's a little teaser shot of my real life course recreation. I started by making a completely flat plot with no trees, water, hills, and no holes autogenerated. Takes about 1.5/2hrs for each hole because I have to measure every detail out, from bunkers to bushes, to houses.

Looking forward to great so far. I'm looking forward to trying it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Operation Sports mobile app

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #42
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

So apparently this course I'm creating has fallen victim to the prepatch file size limit. Cost me about 2 hours tonight unplanting a bunch of things. So now I still have 17,18, residual, and replanting while staying under this unknown limit. I have an idea based on where I was at on the plant meter before the could not save error started happening. Just means getting the last 2 holes themselves done and then add on with saving every 2 minutes now instead of 5. This course designer crashes more on me this edition than TGC1 ever did and the crashes in 1 kept me from ever making another course after only 2 attempts in 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

My wife and I live on a golf course. We created our golf course in the game and the name of the course is Timberview if any of you guys want to check it out. It's pretty cool and is an autumn course.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #44
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
So apparently this course I'm creating has fallen victim to the prepatch file size limit. Cost me about 2 hours tonight unplanting a bunch of things. So now I still have 17,18, residual, and replanting while staying under this unknown limit. I have an idea based on where I was at on the plant meter before the could not save error started happening. Just means getting the last 2 holes themselves done and then add on with saving every 2 minutes now instead of 5. This course designer crashes more on me this edition than TGC1 ever did and the crashes in 1 kept me from ever making another course after only 2 attempts in 1.

That sucks...so you filled up the 'assets' bar up top?

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 07-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #45
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
That sucks...so you filled up the 'assets' bar up top?

No it wasn't even 2/3rds full but there was apparently a finite amount of space allocated to course files pre patch. This according to Keith from HB. There was one post on HB's forums about the issue and it wasn't resolved. I went back and spent 2 hours unplanting in hopes of being able to at least finish 17& 18 and will replant where absolutely needed to keep the authenticity of the course as much as possible. That shot posted above, all those bushes have been removed and I may only be able to do the outer ring instead of filling that area all in. Even that's 100% accurate but it's the closet thing the game has. Really wish they wouldn't tie assets to themes. Also hate that if you change the color of sand in one bunker, it changes the color of all sand throughout the course. The course above had irrigation areas that are a combo of sand/dirt and should be a dark brown while the actual bunkers use the white sand. So I had to make the irrigation areas with white sand. Local rule also allows for free relief from those irrigation areas but there is no way to do that in game. JNPerfect Golf's course designer is apparently much more user friendly in regards to assets, but as of now it's only on PC and isn't a full release yet even on that platform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #46
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0

Published 2 more courses.

1. The Links at Alpine Woods

This is pretty much a direct legacy course upload from TGC1. I just moved a few sand traps and deleted a few trees. I'd give it a 6/10 as far as looks and difficulty.

2. The Links at Country Lakes CC

Now this one I spent some time on. It was a legacy course that I overhauled. I widened the fairways, changed all the bunkers and added 2 more tee boxes and 2 more pin locations through out the course. This one gets a 6/10 as well, because while it looks nice, the wider fairways make for an easier challenge.

So check em out.

Courses so far:

Lua Pele Island CC
The Links at Alpine Woods
The Links at Counrty Lakes CC
Old 07-21-2017, 05:07 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
Published 2 more courses.

1. The Links at Alpine Woods

This is pretty much a direct legacy course upload from TGC1. I just moved a few sand traps and deleted a few trees. I'd give it a 6/10 as far as looks and difficulty.

2. The Links at Country Lakes CC

Now this one I spent some time on. It was a legacy course that I overhauled. I widened the fairways, changed all the bunkers and added 2 more tee boxes and 2 more pin locations through out the course. This one gets a 6/10 as well, because while it looks nice, the wider fairways make for an easier challenge.

So check em out.

Courses so far:

Lua Pele Island CC
The Links at Alpine Woods
The Links at Counrty Lakes CC
You say easy as if its a bad thing. Not all of us can be kodiak.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #48
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Champions Gate CC is now open for play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »