Home

Can I play TGC2 offline?

This is a discussion on Can I play TGC2 offline? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Can I play TGC2 offline?

i apologize for the question but I have read all the impressions but I cant make sense of it because most say you cant play offline and some have said you can.

I don't play online so Id like to know if I can play the career mode completely offline or not before I buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Can I play TGC2 offline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
i apologize for the question but I have read all the impressions but I cant make sense of it because most say you cant play offline and some have said you can.

I don't play online so Id like to know if I can play the career mode completely offline or not before I buy.

Not in the common sense of "offline gaming."

You need to be connected to the internet at all times because the game is dependent on you being connected to the network.

If you can meet those requirements (does NOT require PS Plus membership) you can play their version of offline mode which is you versus the AI at your own pace and custom settings.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Not in the common sense of "offline gaming."

You need to be connected to the internet at all times because the game is dependent on you being connected to the network.

If you can meet those requirements (does NOT require PS Plus membership) you can play their version of offline mode which is you versus the AI at your own pace and custom settings.
Thanks Khel,

Man, I'm so on the fence. I want this game. Really liked the 1st one. And, being connected isn't the end of the world but I like to play offline and keep my system off line to free bandwidth for the rest of the family
Old 07-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Well, you can play offline but the experience will be limited to playing just one-off rounds of golf on one of the dozen or so official courses. So no playing career mode, no user created courses and no playing vs Ghosts.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:43 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djep
Well, you can play offline but the experience will be limited to playing just one-off rounds of golf on one of the dozen or so official courses. So no playing career mode, no user created courses and no playing vs Ghosts.
Wow. That kinda stinks. I mean, I understand why you wouldn't be able to play against ghosts or access the network-reliant parts of the game, but you can't play user-created courses offline?

I'm an old cranky dude at this point, but I hate how mandatory online-connected everything is nowadays, even where there's no clear benefit. I don't get it.

Well, back to Mean-18 on my C64, I guess.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Wow. That kinda stinks. I mean, I understand why you wouldn't be able to play against ghosts or access the network-reliant parts of the game, but you can't play user-created courses offline?

I'm an old cranky dude at this point, but I hate how mandatory online-connected everything is nowadays, even where there's no clear benefit. I don't get it.

I'm not sure as I have never created a course in this game but you might be able to play your own created courses. It would be nice if we would be able to download user generated courses to store locally for offline play.

But there are many benefit to the online connectivity in this game and it works great...when it works. This is, by far, the best golf game I've ever played and my personal favorite game of the year to date.

I'm an old timer myself and loved my C64 back in the day. Long live LOAD "*",8,1
Old 07-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp

You can play user courses in offline mode, but you do have to be connected.

HBS has ties some of the game mechanics to being connected to the network especially around in-game currency and I am assuming here they can make adjustments to the swing mechanic from the server side just like TGC1 without having to release an official patch.

Initially I did not fully grasp how important a completely offline gameplay feature is until I started reading feedback about it in this game. I can certainly empathize with those who expected more of a true offline mode than what is printed on the game's marketing info.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »