Home

Can u putt well at Faxon Park?

This is a discussion on Can u putt well at Faxon Park? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Can u putt well at Faxon Park?

I've been holding on to this observation for over a week and was thinking I may never post because it may just be me being bad at the game but I'm still having nightmares

I have never had more trouble putting in a video game in my life

On an early hole in my 1st round, I had a 4 foot putt for birdie which ended up with me 7 putting.

For the rest of that round and the next 3 rounds, I felt like there were underground magnets preventing me from hitting the hole.

I'm still learning and much of it was my fault, I'm sure, but I was curious if anyone else had similar issues on this course?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Can u putt well at Faxon Park?

I can't seem to putt on any course lol. I know all the "pros" are going to chime in here but I pay attention the my pace, break and elevation. Literally missing putts by maybe half an inch most of the time, green grid will show break but the ball won't break accordingly. I'm sure majority of it is my fault, which is fine, but it is what it is.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I've been holding on to this observation for over a week and was thinking I may never post because it may just be me being bad at the game but I'm still having nightmares

I have never had more trouble putting in a video game in my life

On an early hole in my 1st round, I had a 4 foot putt for birdie which ended up with me 7 putting.

For the rest of that round and the next 3 rounds, I felt like there were underground magnets preventing me from hitting the hole.

I'm still learning and much of it was my fault, I'm sure, but I was curious if anyone else had similar issues on this course?

I cannot score well at that course at all. Putting is very difficult and at this point it's in my head now. I'm going to run some practice rounds there

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
I cannot score well at that course at all. Putting is very difficult and at this point it's in my head now. I'm going to run some practice rounds there

Id love to hear how you do. It was so brutally unforgiving that anyone who putts well on that course is likely an elite player.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #5
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Id love to hear how you do. It was so brutally unforgiving that anyone who putts well on that course is likely an elite player.

I played it last week and shot +10 after hitting 86% of the greens. Shows you how bad I putted, 3 putted 4 holes

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

I find alot of the putting issues are just due to unrealistic greens. I mean that in a couple of ways. One, the fast greens are just... too fast. Second, some of the breaks and elevation changes you see on some of these greens, along with pin placements are just ridiculous, and it gets even worse with user created courses. I've had a 3 foot putt before, where I've had to aim about a foot or more outside the hole to sink it. I mean, with that type of break the question that comes to mind for me is... how the heck is my ball even sitting there? Clearly it should have rolled away.

With putting being naturally difficult in the game, I feel like they've gone overboard with the dramatic differences in green speeds. Play a round on slow (if you can find courses with any that is, good luck) then play a round on fast greens. The difference is just too huge IMO. I like that it's noticeable, no doubt, and I like that it's a different challenge between the two, but it's just too extreme.

As for the green grid. I use it. I don't care what anyone thinks of that either. lol In this game though, it not always useful. The movement of the beads on the grid dont seem to accurately reflect the amount of break, or movement in putts. They're slowly sliding along to make it seem like it's not a huge break, but once you hit that ball, it's taking a massive left/right turn. It's just not accurate enough. I get it, they wanted it to be tough to score in the game, and that's fine I guess, but the tools they give you as aids, don't really help it seems. Especially when on certain course themes, and lighting conditions it's almost impossible to see the hole itself, or even the green grid at times.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm to the point where I just avoid courses with Med Fast - Fast greens. It's just too frustrating. If you hit the ball onto the middle of a green, it shouldn't sit there for a moment, and then roll completely off the green. Just when I think I've got a handle on things, I'll run a downhill putt completely off the green when I think there's no chance of that happening.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't mind them at all. Don't patch to make things easy. I've only been under par 2-3 times and felt like I earned them. Putting just takes practice is all. Don't give up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »