Home

The Golf Club 2 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PS4, Next Week For Xbox One - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PS4, Next Week For Xbox One - Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Golf Club 2 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PS4, Next Week For Xbox One - Patch Notes

The Golf Club 2 patch 1.03 is available now for PlayStation 4 and should be available on Monday or Tuesday next week, for Xbox One.
  • Added checks to better determine whether users are cheating while playing their rounds. Users caught cheating will have their scorecards removed and other repercussions will be determined in the future.
  • Course Creator - "Move Hole" could become unresponsive over time.
  • Correct publishing messages are now being shown when a courses publish fails for a specific limitation.
  • Users with no HCP are displaying 36.4 in the Members list of a society this will now show no HCP when required.
  • Course regeneration times have been improved on console when using the Course Designer.
  • Wind ratings have been fixed for all events in society events to have all users playing with the same settings regardless of time of day.
  • Addressed a limitation preventing the full use of the withdraw function in Career Mode.
  • Resolved a limitation stopping some users from accessing their society events.
  • Ability to view all golfers profiles whether you're friends or not has been addressed.
  • Addressed the loss of d-pad function on PS4 after using the touchpad.
  • UI: The User's stroke count was increasing by 1 in the replay scorecard HUD after the user watches a replay and lets it cycle through a 2nd time.
  • The ball label of player 1 is no longer missing its distance to pin read-out.
  • Ball label colors of player 1 and player 2 have been corrected
  • Ball labels appear on active ball
  • Labels no longer remain on balls that are holed out.
  • Ball marker no longer follows the users ball in single player games off the drive
  • Placing objects in the course creator regeneration time has been improved.
  • Optimized memory used when creating a heavily object populated 18 hole course.
  • Ghosts are now being sorted properly when using the score filter.
  • Added a High Visibility HUD option to make white text easier to read for vision impaired users.
  • UI: Course Designer: Main Menu is displaying KB/M controls when the user is using Gamepad controls after leaving the Course Designer.
  • Improved the impact of DOF settings being applied in-game.
  • Added National Flags which can now be used as crests for emblems.
  • Potential improvement made for those experiencing hitching in their back swing on PC and Consoles.

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club 2 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PS4, Next Week For Xbox One - Patch

This patch has made a monumental difference in the feel of the swing interface. In two rounds I've only had one, minor hesitation with a putt backstroke, which I stopped and started the swing again without incident. I'm no longer paranoid about swing stuttering. The game has a tighter, more fluid flow feel to it now.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #3
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The Golf Club 2 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PS4, Next Week For Xbox One - Patch

i agree. This game plays so much smoother. Great patch

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Shaun West (Executive Producer of TGC 2) has indicated that they are looking into fixing the spoiler leaderboards for tournaments in the next patch. I hope they come through on that one because all of the mystique of tournament play is missing right now because you know everyone's 18 hole score, including that of your ghost playing companion, for the current round when the leaderboard is displayed after the first hole.

I loved the way TGC 1 handled this, as the leaderboard would show the scored of players who were at most, 10 holes ahead of you, but then the rest would be staggered and spread over leaderboard at different stages of completion, both ahead of and behind you, as if the rounds were actually in progress at that time. It really had a live, unfolding event feel about it!
Old 08-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

The latest patch was made available last night for the XBox One. I was only able to confirm that my XB1 had downloaded it when I got home from work this morning... haven't had a chance to play it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 02:19 AM   #6
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Anybody on Xbox notice that the text has been changed?

I think the black outline on white text (in game info text yardage etch) is new?

But one issue is I use measurement mode "range" not precise and the pin yardage text got really wide and stretched in the update so precise is wide but range has huge text across top of screen

Not game breaking just uncomfortable to look at, maybe a Dev will hear about it here.

Edit: oh and I'm still getting a hitch in my backswing, maybe not as often but still hiccups

Last edited by Klocker; 08-26-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Anybody on Xbox notice that the text has been changed?

I think the black outline on white text (in game info text yardage etch) is new?
It's new, but you can turn it on or off in the HUD settings.

Quote:
But one issue is I use measurement mode "range" not precise and the pin yardage text got really wide and stretched in the update so precise is wide but range has huge text across top of screen

Not game breaking just uncomfortable to look at, maybe a Dev will hear about it here.
I have not tried the Range measurement mode since this latest patch, but I will and I'll report back to you.

Quote:
Edit: oh and I'm still getting a hitch in my backswing, maybe not as often but still hiccups
I'm getting no hitches now since the patch (XB1), over the course of four rounds. Even the pre-shot lag and post shot frame skipping are pretty much non-existent now. This varies from user to user now and I think it has much more to do with network issues than anything else.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6

I downloaded the patch on PS4 and the issue with swing stuttering is still heavily present on PS4. They may have resolved it on putts, but when swinging regular clubs, you have to pull back on the right analog stick HARD or else your player's swing automatically resets. This is really frustrating since we had no swing issues like this is TGC1. Would really like to know if the devs are going to fix this issue or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »