Home

Story dynasties are finished now (Read before posting)

This is a discussion on Story dynasties are finished now (Read before posting) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Story dynasties are finished now (Read before posting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You can update anywhere you want and put a link in your signature. Do not create a dynasty and put post after post linking your updates to another site.
Alright, Thanks. I guess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 12

Millenium, rocknrolla has made an important point to me over meebo, it's like there's a group of robbers robbing a bank, and the police go in and arrest them and the hostages, it's not fair to the people who didn't do anything. Do you think something could/will be worked out eventually, because even you have to agree that it's not fair. I just thought I'd make that point, it's something I believe you should take into consideration. Do the innocent have no say in this?

Last edited by gibbey9; 08-19-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #27
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
No, here is the issue:

You guys have a "clique" here. It is a vocal minority of users that have decided that you "own" the Hockey Dynasty forum. It pretty much pushed a lot of regular users away because they didn't want to sift through what "Johnny did on his day off". Hell, most of the story threads didn't even involve playing the game anymore, it was just who could write the best short story.

There are other websites out there, and I'm sure they would gladly accept you if any of you wishes to keep writing non-sports related dynasty content.
At least our 'clique' is welcoming to people. If someone posts a comment in the thread of someone in the 'clique', said person responds and welcomes the person, unlike your Washington dynasty, which I skimmed the first few pages of and all of your comments were only towards people that don't frequent the hockey forums.

I honestly don't see what the problem is. If all of these people have such a problem with us(I feel insulted saying us, as if we're some sort of inferior race), they can just make their own threads and ignore what we have to say. It's like saying you won't play video games because some are poorly made, and you don't like having to see them mixed in amongst the good games when you go to Gamestop to buy your new copy of Madden. It's like saying you won't eat a banana from a crate that has a few over-ripe ones mixed in with the rest. It's complete blasphemy, and I don't for a second give credibility to any of it.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
Rookie

sraczk2011's Arena

OVR: 14

It's a shame that the actions of some wrecked it for all. Some people on this board need to:

1. keep their petty arguments out of the threads.
2. don't tell us about your day. trust me, we don't care.
3. think before they post.

If everyone followed these rules, these boards would be a way better place.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #29
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbey9
Millenium, rocknrolla has made an important point to me over meebo, it's like there's a group of robbers robbing a bank, and the police go in and arrest them and the hostages, it's not fair to the people who didn't do anything. Do you think something could/will be worked out eventually, because even you have to agree that it's not fair. I just thought I'd make that point, it's something I believe you should take into consideration. Do the innocent have no say in this?
I actually do not agree with this. It is quite fair as I have asked time and time again to clean this forum up a little. It is a cycle that happens - I pop my head in, tell you guys to clean it up, ban 2-3 people who are causing issues, and leave. A month or two later, rinse and repeat.

This ruling is for the foreseeable future. And I look a long way down the road, so don't look for it to change while I am admin.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 12

Really? So many people are getting ripped off though, did you ever think of banning the ones who are causing troubles?

If the Hockey Dynasty Forums were a country, there'd be a civil war going on.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #31
Rookie

sraczk2011's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbey9
Really? So many people are getting ripped off though, did you ever think of banning the ones who are causing troubles?
There'd be about 3 people from the "old guard" left if they did that. Is that a good thing? We may find out...

Edit: This can only end one way. Bad.

Last edited by sraczk2011; 08-19-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #32
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Guys, let's actually come to something here.

We're not getting our privliges back anytime soon. Whether you believe it's fair or not, we lost them.

If you can say that this was done for no reason, you are so wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with the Mods (sorry Mods) but we have become a forum filled with useless chat. Too many times have I seen 2, 3 or even 4 pages filled up with non-related stuff.

This, I'm assuming, was not just about Shinder's thread. We have gone out of control and it's all of our faults, TBH. some more then others.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »