Home

PS4 - Two Minute Warning 2018 - Recruiting for this Fall

This is a discussion on PS4 - Two Minute Warning 2018 - Recruiting for this Fall within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #1
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

Two Minute Warning – 2018
Double No Switch Sim PS4 League
Settings TBD but will be realistic stats without super long games. We try to stick to 1 hour games.

Two Minute Warning has been around since Madden 25, and will be entering its 4th Madden cycle. It was one of the first well established leagues on Operation Sports, and the league owner is an OS Mod. We strive for fair, sim play over all else, and to have a competitive atmosphere in our community chat.

We are a full no switch league, meaning you can not switch after the snap on both offense and defense, until the play is over. This is preferred to let the ratings in the game matter more than “stick skills”, or aka who can abuse jump/swerve catching more.

We try to have a full 32 user league at all times, with a waitlist most years. Over half of our user base will be returning vets, some of which have been here since our very first year.

We advance 3x a week. Tue, Thur, Sunday. So the weekday advances are 2 days, then a 3 day weekend advance. You are expected to keep up, and we always have 2 scheduling threads open so that you can go ahead and be setting up your next game even while current advance is going on.

Our rule sheet from last year is linked below. Obviously all of it isn’t set in stone for a yet unreleased new cycle, so some rules may become obsolete and some may be added to combat abuse.

We are a league ran by adults. We expect adult behavior from our members. We have fun, but sportsmanship is a must. Sore losers do not last long, here.

We have a "committee" in which the league is ran like it has a board of directors... the committee votes on issues, etc. We also accept any and all input from our members, and we like to make changes as a league.

We use Discord for our chat and a majority of game scheduling, while also using OS as our base of operations. Our Discord chat is lively, some light smack talk, and overall a great community. We have off topic channels for discussing real sports, other video games, etc. Very organized.

We also heavily use and rely on DaddyLeagues for stat tracking purposes. Our site is http://daddyleagues.com/TMW2017 assuming we do not have to go through the bullcrap we did last year with EA’s delayed app release.

We will fill up asap, we may draft teams before we are full even, then we will also have a waitlist as we all know there will be 3 or 4 users who either quit after starting badly, get booted for cheesy gameplay, or get booted for being a dick in general.

If you want to be part of Op Sport’s best league, feel free to message here, on our subforum, or PM myself or n51_rob at any time. We would like to get people into our Discord to go ahead and start being part of our community, feel you out while you feel us out, and may even get in some tryout games for people who still have last years Madden.

Subforum http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...inute-warning/

Last cycle’s Rule sheet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Teams Available:

Lions

Last edited by gameface1324; 08-17-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

Re: PS4 - Two Minute Warning 2018 - Recruiting for this Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
Two Minute Warning – 2018
Double No Switch Sim PS4 League
Settings TBD but will be realistic stats without super long games. We try to stick to 1 hour games.

Two Minute Warning has been around since Madden 25, and will be entering its 4th Madden cycle. It was one of the first well established leagues on Operation Sports, and the league owner is an OS Mod. We strive for fair, sim play over all else, and to have a competitive atmosphere in our community chat.

We are a full no switch league, meaning you can not switch after the snap on both offense and defense, until the play is over. This is preferred to let the ratings in the game matter more than “stick skills”, or aka who can abuse jump/swerve catching more.

We try to have a full 32 user league at all times, with a waitlist most years. Over half of our user base will be returning vets, some of which have been here since our very first year.

Our rule sheet from last year is linked below. Obviously all of it isn’t set in stone for a yet unreleased new cycle, so some rules may become obsolete and some may be added to combat abuse.

We have a "committee" in which the league is ran like it has a board of directors... the committee votes on issues, etc. We also accept any and all input from our members, and we like to make changes as a league.

We use Discord for our chat and a majority of game scheduling, while also using OS as our base of operations. Our Discord chat is lively, some light smack talk, and overall a great community. We have off topic channels for discussing real sports, other video games, etc. Very organized.

We will be doing something different this year, as we will have a team draft. The draft order will be decided by lottery, with weighted balls based on how long a user has been here. So returning vets will have a slight advantage over a brand new rookie, a committee member will have a slight advantage over a vet, etc… just to give them a better chance at an early team selection. However in many simulations we have ran, brand new guys often get top selections.

DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO LEAVE YOUR TEAM SELECTION PARTIALLY TO CHANCE. Too many people are only willing to play with a certain team, or an OP team, etc. If you have to choose between 3 or 4 teams that arent the most talented, be ready to be EXCITED about rebuilding them. Take the challenge to turn the franchise around in a year or 2 by trades and drafts.

We also heavily use and rely on DaddyLeagues for stat tracking purposes. Our site is http://daddyleagues.com/TMW2017 assuming we do not have to go through the bullcrap we did last year with EA’s delayed app release.

We will fill up asap, we may draft teams before we are full even, then we will also have a waitlist as we all know there will be 3 or 4 users who either quit after starting badly, get booted for cheesy gameplay, or get booted for being a dick in general.

If you want to be part of Op Sport’s best league, feel free to message here, on our subforum, or PM myself or n51_rob at any time. We would like to get people into our Discord to go ahead and start being part of our community, feel you out while you feel us out, and may even get in some tryout games for people who still have last years Madden.

Subforum http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...inute-warning/

Last cycle’s Rule sheet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

4 teams remain:

Lions
49ers
Ravens
Dolphins

Last edited by gameface1324; 08-14-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

FYI we will be doing the Lottery to determine team draft soon, before we are full, at around ~26 members. Once the lottery is finalized, the final 6 users who get in after will have their own lottery to pick from the 6 remaining teams.

This was determined as an incentive for returning vets + people who signed on early.

Team selection will take place on the OS forums shortly after team ratings are released.

So if you want to sign up, better jump in asap!

BTW, we heavily scrutinize potential members. Better to spend time vetting you now to make sure you are a fit for the league and the league is a fit for you, than have someone quit 4 games in after a 1-3 start and after getting suspended for switching or zigzagging.

So we utilize a blacklist of our own + references from current members if any exist + potential references, both good and bad, from other league commishes.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I wouldn't mind running with you guys again IDC about teams really because i got my own team building style.

I'm still on discord as well I can send my name again.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #5
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

I was apart of your league last year but left because of busy schedule and didn't get to play the first regular season game. I remember I passed the tryout and was active on the discord chat. I'm a sim player my PSN is twompsickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimchipkelly
I wouldn't mind running with you guys again IDC about teams really because i got my own team building style.

I'm still on discord as well I can send my name again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324

So we utilize a blacklist of our own + references from current members if any exist + potential references, both good and bad, from other league commishes.

Quoted for emphasis. When you get booted one year, its not likely a league is gonna let you back in the next. Good luck with your search.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

I never got booted. I left on my own will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

Not you man, the guy I quoted lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »