Home

1975 Madden 17 Roster

This is a discussion on 1975 Madden 17 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: 1975 Madden 17 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Thanks for the play edit needs, I will make those changes on appearance as best I can. I have been trying to not create players, but I am running out of white guys with short hair.

As for the QBs, I will go back and take a look at things. While I agree that seeing those great QBs with low ratings, I do feel like the game plays well with the ratings. In the games I have played I have seen pretty solid completion percentages. From a purely gameplay stand point, what do you think about the QBs?
It is a ridiculous criticism. Your ratings scale is accurate. Fran plays accurately, and sims accurately compared to the other QB's. I haven't heard his justification but he is basically saying he'd rather stare at digits on a screen that seem right to him than have realistic game play or accurate stats. Well he is in the minority I'd bet you that. The days of Historic Rosters with all 99's are over---and thank god.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 09-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 8

I am anxiously waiting for your next release. I am looking forward to playing with KC.

KCRoyals
Old 09-20-2016, 01:02 PM   #59
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I didn't suggest 99's for Tarkenton or anyone else. In Tark's case, he could throw the deep ball, and I'm seeing some bad throws on all levels. Just because they threw less in the 70's doesn't mean ratings should be nerfed, especially for the great ones. I am seeing good qb play as well though. In Tark's case he should be faster, and I would need to spy him on M16 so we need to lab more. I have only played with a few teams. I haven't looked much at speed ratings either, but running is a bit slow for me. Again, subjective items. I like to see a little more burst when running, a little more excitement. Like I said in my first post, I'm trying to offer constructive criticism, and I'll tell you what I like and I don't like. It's your roster and there are other people on this board whose opinions count too. You are in control, so listen to me, don't listen to me, but I'll keep with my observations unless they aren't any good to you. So far what I've seen overall is fantastic, and I'm nit-picking so they can be even better. There is less era specific equipment to work with than last year, and I feel your pain on the scope of this project.

Curious, what does your laptop have to do with roster editing? Do you have an editor?

In terms of needing white guys with no dreads, if you do another season, use a post-cut roster. Much more room for creation. I realize you will have IR guys, but they will be few, and you can rate them down to the point where they are on the roster but will never be seen on the field. The other option for me is that when you are done, I'll just import them into a franchise and then do the edits.

Last edited by l8knight1; 09-20-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #60
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Why not? ? ?
Because Tarkenton is a hall of famer who threw for over 47000 yards, and was first team all-pro in 1975, that's why.

Last edited by l8knight1; 09-20-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I didn't suggest 99's for Tarkenton or anyone else. In Tark's case, he could throw the deep ball, and I'm seeing some bad throws on all levels. Just because they threw less in the 70's doesn't mean ratings should be nerfed, especially for the great ones. I am seeing good qb play as well though. In Tark's case he should be faster, and I would need to spy him on M16 so we need to lab more. I have only played with a few teams. I haven't looked much at speed ratings either, but running is a bit slow for me. Again, subjective items. I like to see a little more burst when running, a little more excitement. Like I said in my first post, I'm trying to offer constructive criticism, and I'll tell you what I like and I don't like. It's your roster and there are other people on this board whose opinions count too. You are in control, so listen to me, don't listen to me, but I'll keep with my observations unless they aren't any good to you. So far what I've seen overall is fantastic, and I'm nit-picking so they can be even better. There is less era specific equipment to work with than last year, and I feel your pain on the scope of this project.
Sorry bud, It just seemed as though you were going purely from an OVR rating standpoint, and judging it that way. Maybe his ratings are an oversight, I'm not sure. I've found they sim realistically, and aren't any more off than any other player.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 05:34 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1

Curious, what does your laptop have to do with roster editing? Do you have an editor?

In terms of needing white guys with no dreads, if you do another season, use a post-cut roster. Much more room for creation. I realize you will have IR guys, but they will be few, and you can rate them down to the point where they are on the roster but will never be seen on the field. The other option for me is that when you are done, I'll just import them into a franchise and then do the edits.
Don't worry about any criticisms. I appreciate the feedback. If I don't agree with you, I will say so or won't make your adjustments. lol
You always offer insight into things I sometimes miss. So, no worries, keep the thoughts coming.

Like I said, I will take a look at the QBs. I was really just trying something to see if it worked. I will will probably do is adjust a couple of QBs and play some with them, and then make my decision based off of playtesting.

As for the laptops, no I do not have an editor. But, I use excel files to keep track of rosters, stats, and overalls. It makes everything a lot smoother for me, and I can make adjustments as I need to. So when my laptop went down, I could not go through my normal process because I could not access my files, nor could I get on an websites to see rosters and equipment. But all is back in order now. I will be working on my roster this evening a bit.

Again, keep the observations and comments coming. They help. I cannot see everything and sometimes I make a mistake here and there.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I cannot see everything and sometimes I make a mistake here and there.
Nonsense
Old 09-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 0

I am nearly finished with the AFC West. I need to finish the Chargers defense. I hope to finish them tomorrow morning. I will post the updated roster to MaddenShare once I do that.

Also on the update will be a few other changes. I fixed a couple of names and players who had long hair and were starters.
I also have adjusted QB ratings. Not by a ton, but it does offer more separation between great, good, average and bad QBs.

Again, I hope to post this update tomorrow. Then I will work on the AFC East.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »