Home

Playmakers Madden 17 1990's Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 17 1990's Classic Rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers Madden 17 1990's Classic Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Couple of things: If I make the roster strictly within Franchise is there an export roster option so others could still use it? I honestly doubt I will create the entire roster (especially without EA adding port over abilities yet), but I am just curious. I'd rather do all the edits at once like height, weight, age, handedness, etc.

And did you know that the players who have silhouettes can be given a generic pic by editing their skin color and face? Figured that might give you a little flexibility and the ability to use those guys in your roster as well.
I'm doing everything outside of CFM because it just simplifies it for me.

In fact i wouldn't even know where to start on using editors and things......I'm not very tech savy LOL

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #50
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Just to clarify, I don't know anything about editors either lol. I was just attempting to ask that if I started the entire roster creation/editing process from WITHIN Franchise mode, would I still be able to somehow upload the roster for other people to use? And I also meant that if EA would confirm that we'd finally have the ability to port roster files over say from Madden 17 to 18, then I'd be way more motivated to make an entire roster.

The thing I mentioned about turning silhouettes into generic faces exists in the game within franchise mode. Just go in and edit their skin tone and face (even if you keep the same one) it'll turn the silhouette into a face. Only exceptions is that it seems to not work on injured players or free agents.

Also, PM if you don't actually mind posting or messaging me the 6-8 guys you keep up with from each team that'd be awesome, man. The dudes you chose for Reggie White, Clyde and Thurman are legit.

Last edited by chino22; 10-09-2016 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:12 AM   #51
Rookie

chino22's Arena

Hey, PM... When dealing with lefties (QB, K, P) are you still going for picture closeness as your main priority when selecting who to edit because you can eventually change them to lefty in Franchise? Or are you looking for left-handed guys to turn into the likes of Steve Young and Mark Brunell for Play Now accuracy purposes. Another example: to me Chandler Catanzaro is a good picture match for Morten Andersen which would be fine in Franchise changing him to lefty, but in Play Now it kinda kills immersion a bit (okay a ton actually) for me when a lefty is a righty. Also, sorry for the double post, but it's been about a week. Figured it'd be okay...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 03:29 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

I try to make lefties be available right away for play now.....

So i don't necessarily go for best picture since they are limited.

Here's my list so far:
Troy Aikman-Zac Dysert
Emmitt Smith-Christian Michael
Boomer Esiason-Greg Olsen (Modified in size and handedness once in Cfm)
Ricky Watters-Kenny Drake
Thurman Thomas-Silas Redd
Robert Smith-Kenny Vaccaro
Bo Jackson-Derrick Coleman
Marshal Faulk-Cyrus Gray
Eddie George-Ryan Shazier
Eric Metcalf-Brandon Cooks
Warric Dunn-Chris Thompson
Priest Holmes-Alfred Morris
Curtis Martin-Kadeem Carey
Jimmy Smith-Jason Avant
Michael Irvin-Kembrell Thompkins
Moose Johnston-Colin Mooney
Jay Novacek-Owen Daniels
Nate Newton-Brandon Mebane
Mark Stepnoski-Cameron Lawrence
Napoleon McCallum-Glenn Winston
Reggie White-Henry Melton
Clyde Simmons-Quinton Coples
Richard Dent-Jason Jones
Andre Reed-Curtis Marsh
Merton Hanks-Jacoby Glenn
Tim Harris-O'Brien Shofield
Isaac Bruce-Aldrick Robinson
Haywood Jeffires-Darrius Heyward Bey
Bill Romanowski-Kiko Alonso
Lawrence Taylor-Justin Durant
Bryant Young-Datone Jones
Sterling Sharpe-Deonta Thompson
Tony Tolbert-Chandler Jones
Billy Joe Tolliver-Andy Dalton
LeRoy Hoard-Frank Gore
Jim Harbaugh-Scott Tolzien
John Eway-Josh McCown
Peyton Manning-Simien (Denver current qb can't think of his full name right now)

Brunell and Young are both lefties already but i forgot who i assigned them to....,

Also on the 1st page there is a detailed section with a running list of Player edits to make once you get the file into CFM.

As you can most of these guys are going to be very accurate in terms of age and years pro based on the specific team year

For example Elway..,Josh McCown at age 37 and 14 Years pro is close to the 98 Broncos version of Elway.

Eventually i will post a larger list on the Front page once i get everything wrapped up

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-16-2016, 03:40 AM   #53
Rookie

chino22's Arena

Awesome, man. Thanks! I'm actually pretty stoked right now because I made Emmitt Smith last night just messing around and actually chose Christine Michael as well for him. It's such a good match.

EDIT: Btw, on the ratings spreadsheet we so graciously received from rplatypus, I noticed the stiff arm rating is missing. Now, I don't know when that rating was put into the game so maybe it was after Madden 25 or something. Everything else in the spreadsheet so far works like a champ!

Kinda digging the new ratings system on M17. Troy Aikman was a 96 on the spreadsheet but comes out to an 89 now. Very interesting... I am, however, extremely uncomfortable with Marshall Faulk being rated higher than Bo and Emmitt, but maybe that's because I despised the 99 Rams lol. I'm just afraid they're going to ruin my season play-through by being too good haha...

Last edited by chino22; 10-16-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Yep in madden 17 using the exact same ratings as madden 25 your going to see a reduction in the overall ratings mainly for QB'S, RB'S, WR'S
and DL

Which personally i don't mind because the overall ratings have no bearing on the players actual tendencies....

Aikman may appear lower with same ratings but he's still very productive on the field......

The stiff arm rating was in madden 25......i think Faulk might be rated slightly rated ahead of Bo and Emmitt do to his awareness rating.

He was rated lower in madden 25 with same ratings....

This years Madden has Faulk at 96, Bo 95 and Emmitt 94 but both Bo and Emmitt have much higher stiff arm rating than Faulk.....

Also i notced carry rating effects Wr overall ratings now....it's not a huge impact but it can change them by 1 or 2 points up or down.

Overall with the reduced ratings i think the only guys at their respective positions right now that are 99 is Reggie, Deion and LT.......Montana didn't even crack the 99 overall list he ends up being a 95 this year.

But i haven't copied everyone over yet so that might change a little...

Old 10-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #55
Rookie

chino22's Arena

I'm personally totally on board with lower ratings. This is actually the first Madden that ratings in general have been trending towards realistic a bit... I don't have the stiff arm ratings so I guess I'll just use my best judgment on those.

I'll be looking forward to the next wave of which guys to change into who. I've begun work on the list a couple comments up already...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 11:30 PM   #56
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
I'm personally totally on board with lower ratings. This is actually the first Madden that ratings in general have been trending towards realistic a bit... I don't have the stiff arm ratings so I guess I'll just use my best judgment on those.

I'll be looking forward to the next wave of which guys to change into who. I've begun work on the list a couple comments up already...
Sorry. I missed Stiff Arm. It has been added to the spreadsheet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »