Home

NFL Draft Prospects 2017-2022

This is a discussion on NFL Draft Prospects 2017-2022 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 09:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Draft Prospects 2017-2022

Top 20 QB's done (I didn't do faces for the ones that Marc hasn't covered yet--I can take a crack at that but for me it's always about ratings/traits/etc. Appearance is always last on my list). Link here

Also included a tab for HB's and WR's. I copied over Marc's HB's and WR's from his ratings tab but cleared out the ratings for now until I put my own in (I will be consulting his existing ratings though, in addition to NFLDraftScout, YouTube highlight tapes, CBS Mock, and WalterFootball in formulating my own). I added in additional HB's and WR's who I will begin rating shortly. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Color-coded all players based on how they are trending on current draft boards. Orange = no change in trend, green = trending up, red = trending down. I may add in a blue for "trending breakthroughs", for players like Syracuse WR Amba Etta-Tawo, North Carolina A&T RB Tarik Cohen, and UNC QB Mitch Trubisky who have gone from undrafted/late round projections to considerably earlier round predictions (or in Cohen's case, from unheard of to draft-worthy).

~ A
Old 10-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #18
Rookie

Going to edit speed/acc/agil ratings for the QB's I generated. It seems I underestimated how much of a 'speed boost' Madden 17 gave players across the board.

Going to work on a project to give as accurate ratings as possible to about 250 2017 rookies for a 'full draft class' plus UDFA's. For some players I will map them to current rookies or to similar style players with 'scaled ratings', just to make this more manageable. I cannot guarantee all traits will be as accurate as possible--same for types/schemes (I don't think schemes are editable anyway?).

I'd say the project will probably be done in mid-late November for anyone interested. I will tweak ratings accordingly as prospects change/update.

Can't guarantee I'm going to worry too much about appearance (I'll make skin as accurate as possible, but going through faces for that many players just isn't my forte). Will try to get the most accurate/up-to-date heights & weights and will monitor injured players and players who look like they may or may not declare.

Development will be a mixture of 'random' and generated based on how much certain players have progressed or regressed over the course of the past two seasons (or I may take into account whether they went from a no-star prospect to a team captain).

For example, rising stars like Brady Gustafson (QB), De'Angelo Hendreson (RB), Amba Etta-Tawo (WR), Troy Fumagali (TE), Ryan Ramczyk (OT), Haason Reddick (OLB), Zach Cunningham (MLB), and Chris Jones (CB) would all probably get Quick/Superstar dev traits.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #19
Rookie

i know you guys are focused on players for this years draft, but could someone post attributes for Lamar Jackson??
Old 10-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #20
Rookie

Mixed Cam Newton, RGIII, and Tyrod Taylor's attributes with some tweaking to represent Jackson's inconsistent arm strength and improved but not perfect deep throw accuracy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1676991488

If that doesn't link you direct, it's in the second sheet "2018". I will add the top 15 prospects or so for 2018 by end of the weekend. Will also take a stab at at least getting ratings done for the top 30-40 players by early next week for the 2017 draft.

EDIT: Added Josh Rosen. A bit of a mix of Paxton Lynch & Dak Prescott with tweaks to running ability & accuracy.

EDIT 10/29: Updated speeds of QB's to reflect 40 times on NFLDraftScout with slight tweaks where I think 40 times are wrong (for example, Kizer is listed as running a 4.84 40 time when his on-field top speed seems to more in range with a 4.76. I still think Kizer is as fast as Watson--but it might just be that Kizer hits his top speed (accelerates) at a quicker rate. Kizer is also bulkier and more of a battering ram (so I upped his truck rating).

Last edited by adamltreitler; 10-29-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #21
Rookie

Almost done with 2017 draft, I'm just about in round 6 at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #22
Rookie

Phenomenal work, Marc.

I'm still in the process of finishing up my first season in franchise.

I've powered through most QB's and RB's in my offline spreadsheet and should have WR's done soon.

I think you're going more round-by-round, but I find it easier for my brain to process ratings position by position.

I'm also trying to tweak ratings on a week-by-week basis. I.e. already tweaked some QB and RB ratings depending on performances this past weekend.

Also taking note of underclassmen who are performing well but might still be flying under scouts' radars to add to future draft classes like Samaje Perine's little cousin, LaMical Perine.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #23
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Great work on this.

One thing I would say though is that your classes are a bit overpowered compared to normal post-tuning update draft classes. You have about twice as many 75+ players as an average draft class does, which is way outside the normal bounds. Something you might want to think about.

I've got loads of stats about average draft classes as a result of building my scouting tool, and can send them over if you want to make sure your ratings are in line with Madden's generated classes.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:12 AM   #24
Rookie

With the class I'm working on (all in excel right now, haven't updated my Google doc while I tweak ratings), I'm using the game generated draft class as a barometer/scaling ratings according to weighted average of the overall ratings/ratings per position while doing my best to make respective adjustments to players who deserve special skillsets like Myles Garrett (freak athlete), Jabrill Peppers (what can't he do?), Conor McDermott (tight end/power forward converted to tackle with unique athleticism for the position), etc.

Lots of trial and error in trying to determine the best way to rate rookies while genuinely respecting their abilities. I've re-rated John Ross and Mitch Trubisky a dozen times at this point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »