Home

1993 Madden 17 PS4

This is a discussion on 1993 Madden 17 PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 09:51 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 1993 Madden 17 PS4

My edits are completed for the 1993 roster. Follow the google spreadsheet for offensive pb's for simmed games and you will get great stats. Search for ITP's 1993 roster in the vault and you will see the roster with SIMSTATS in the title.

Some kickers rated 89 or below, I would suggest lowering their KPW 7 and KAC 3. Also, I added Marshall Faulk and Bo Jackson, and created Randy Moss and put him on the Packers. Some other minor tweaks were made and you can look thru the rosters and find them if you want. Also, key offense and defense players should be assigned Clutch rating in the traits and guys like steve young should have age edited and contract extended to assure they play many more seasons.

I give all credit to the roster maker for this set. These edited rosters are playable within CFM.

Any questions, please let me know.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 21

Just curious...why add players onto teams they did not play for?
Old 10-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
My edits are completed for the 1993 roster. Follow the google spreadsheet for offensive pb's for simmed games and you will get great stats. Search for ITP's 1993 roster in the vault and you will see the roster with SIMSTATS in the title.

Some kickers rated 89 or below, I would suggest lowering their KPW 7 and KAC 3. Also, I added Marshall Faulk and Bo Jackson, and created Randy Moss and put him on the Packers. Some other minor tweaks were made and you can look thru the rosters and find them if you want. Also, key offense and defense players should be assigned Clutch rating in the traits and guys like steve young should have age edited and contract extended to assure they play many more seasons.

I give all credit to the roster maker for this set. These edited rosters are playable within CFM.

Any questions, please let me know.
So is this the final roster to be used, or is the original creator also putting out a final roster?
Old 10-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
So is this the final roster to be used, or is the original creator also putting out a final roster?
I will be putting out a final roster this weekend! I am nearly finished with Free Agents. I have rerated the Free Agents so that they are 73 and below OVR. This helps keep them out of the game for at least a season. I have also renamed some free agents using players who did not move to the NFL from the WLAF as well as some guys that played very little in 1993 and started the year as free agents. That is what I am working on now.

fsu32s rosters is different than mine in terms of ratings. My official roster will not have his adjustments to ratings. The ratings I have are based on the formulas I have created over several years and adjusted as needed. Also, you will not find Randy Moss and the players mentioned above on my roster.
I have not tested fsu32s rating adjustments, but I do believe he is probably on the right track in terms of sim stats. But it is all about what each person wants out of the game. I am not sure how those adjustments will affect regular gameplay overall. From what I can tell, I think it would be fine and should play quite well. So some folks may prefer his ratings to mine. I use my roster either in Play Now games, where I can use custom playbooks and control things like weather, injuries, etc... or if I do use Franchise mode, I generally do a 32 team control.
When I do 32 team control, I do not necessarily play every game, but I have the option to do so. However, there are things you give up with Franchise. You will see pistol formations, too much shotgun formation, etc..
When I use Play Now, I have a season file. I use the actual schedule from the year I am playing. I play or watch every game. I keep track of stats on an excel spreadsheet. I keep game stats, individual stats, team stats and standings. I keep track of injuries from the game and will also have random injuries which could occur between games. I can make roster decisions when needed, including changing QBs when one is not playing well. Anyway, it has become my preferred way to use classic rosters simply because of the amount of control I have and especially with custom playbooks.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #61
Rookie

Great info. Thanks. Superb job on the 93 Roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #62
MVP

The roster is now updated and officially complete!!!!

I have renamed a number of Free Agents except Oline. There are still a lot of Free Agents who are modern players, but they are rated lower than the ones I have renamed.

While I say the roster is complete, if someone sees something messed up, please let me know and I will try to fix it. For example if you see the same player in two different places, please tell me. It is possible, but I did try to check that.

Also, side note. If you have not downloaded my roster already, and you search for 1993 on Madden Share, you will see Several rosters listed. I have only 1 listed there. Most are fsu32s, you will have to ask him which one is his actual final roster if you want his ratings and modifications. There is also another 1993 roster from someone else, I do not know who it is. I do not know if it is using my roster as a base or a completely different roster.
If you are looking for my roster, my PSN name is Iteachhistory78

Please keep me up to date on how you are enjoying the roster, if you see problems and overall thoughts. Your thoughts and observations are what help me create better rosters in the future.

ENJOY!!!
Old 10-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #63
MVP

I will try to post a list of coaches and my suggested playbooks for each team. fsu32 has also posted his suggested playbooks for sim stats. I have not tried those so I cannot speak to how they play, but it seems to look good in terms of playcalling from what he has said. That is good news.

The issue with playbooks, as I mentioned in a previous post, is that you end up with seeing pistol formations and such. That can kill immersion when you are playing the game. I think fsu32 told me that he only plays offensive, so that may help since you can control the playcalling then.

In any case, I will give you mine later today. If anyone has suggestions on play books feel free to post those as well.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:36 PM   #64
MVP

Attached is the list of teams, coaches, and suggested playbooks.
You will see the Offensive Scheme as well. This may help in case you want to alter the playbooks I suggested. I am by no means saying that the playbook is perfect. I am fully open to suggestions. I am not that well versed in every modern team's playbook on madden, so there may be options of using a modern team's playbook for better results. If so, please let me know.
As I stated before, you will see bad formations and such in game when using these playbooks. That is something you have to deal with if you are playing in franchise.
There is a way to use custom playbooks but it requires creating a player everytime you are about to play a game for the cpu team, from my understanding. I have not tried the method, but it can be found on the forums if anyone is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1993 Coaches and Playbooks.pdf (375.9 KB, 81 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »