Home

1993 Madden 17 PS4

This is a discussion on 1993 Madden 17 PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
1993 Madden 17 PS4

Alright folks, this is the thread for my upcoming 1993 roster. Things are underway on the roster and the first upload will come in a few days. (I hope)

First, let me give a major THANK YOU to artvandeleghe who spent a great deal of time moving players around and renaming them. That is a time consuming process and makes my job MUCH easier. I have been very happy with his work.

So far I have completed the AFC Central and have the Bills and Dolphins finished. Once I am done with the AFC East I will post the roster to Madden Share. Like I said I hope to do that in a couple of days.

The expansion teams will be made up of players from the World League of American Football.

You can expect my normal rating style and detail to equipment. Please us this thread for the 1993 roster only. If you have comments or questions about the 1975 roster, please use that thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 08:26 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: 1993 Madden 17 PS4

This is profoundly exciting.

Thank YOU artvandeleghe
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

My favorite era of the NFL was from 1983-1999

1993 is a fantastic year and I am really stoked for this project. Your rosters are always superb quality!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
My favorite era of the NFL was from 1983-1999

1993 is a fantastic year and I am really stoked for this project. Your rosters are always superb quality!!!
+1. Cannot wait!!
Old 10-09-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
MVP

I have uploaded the first version of the 1993 file. The AFC Central and AFC East are finished. I have done a little bit of play testing, but not too much.

Take a look and see what you think so far. Please provide feedback, it helps me make the roster one that is accurate and fun to play.

File name: 1993
PSN tag: Iteachhistory78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #6
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

What slider set are you using to game play test?

I played a couple quick games 5 min quarters not for realism but just to get a initial reaction. I played them on spectator so my play style would not influence the game.

I saw a lot of good things visually with player appearences, offensive linemen neck rolls, helmets, etc...

I also saw how HOF Andre Reed was a step above the other receivers on the field but not with game changing speed but rather route running, cuts, and fighting for the ball in traffic. Really enjoyed watching that.

The one negative (again after a super shortened game and only two of them) was there seemed to be a lot of strip fumble sacks to both Jim Kelly and Warren Moon. Also Kelly seemed confused when to break the pocket and just ran into Dolphin lineman causing fumbles.

So it certainly may be the sliders I was playing on, but overall I very much enjoyed watching the games and it felt like it was 1993 again, although if the number of strip fumbles on QBs could be lessened that would make it even better.

After work today and tomorrow I am hoping to go to 15 quarters and see how a whole game feels / looks to add additional comments.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #7
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

I believe you mentioned this already but what will the extra teams like PA there have Texans etc... have as rosters? Will you put any of their first year players on there ( for Carolina a and Jax, since they'd only have to be two years younger) like a Tim Biakbutuka or Kerry Collins at age 20 and 21? Then filling it out with WL or other scrubs?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_ten
What slider set are you using to game play test?

I played a couple quick games 5 min quarters not for realism but just to get a initial reaction. I played them on spectator so my play style would not influence the game.

I saw a lot of good things visually with player appearences, offensive linemen neck rolls, helmets, etc...

I also saw how HOF Andre Reed was a step above the other receivers on the field but not with game changing speed but rather route running, cuts, and fighting for the ball in traffic. Really enjoyed watching that.

The one negative (again after a super shortened game and only two of them) was there seemed to be a lot of strip fumble sacks to both Jim Kelly and Warren Moon. Also Kelly seemed confused when to break the pocket and just ran into Dolphin lineman causing fumbles.

So it certainly may be the sliders I was playing on, but overall I very much enjoyed watching the games and it felt like it was 1993 again, although if the number of strip fumbles on QBs could be lessened that would make it even better.

After work today and tomorrow I am hoping to go to 15 quarters and see how a whole game feels / looks to add additional comments.
I will take a look the strip sacks. I may need to bring QB carrying up a bit. I will take a look.

The QB confusion may be a couple of issues, I will take a look when I get to play some more. It also may have been that game, so more testing will help figure it out. Thanks for the feedback!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »