Home

1989 Classic Roster M17

This is a discussion on 1989 Classic Roster M17 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 09:24 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: 1989 Classic Roster M17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I completed some more testing and I think I fixed the sack issue. It takes a few minutes of work, but here is what I recommend if you want better sack numbers: Take any Dlineman with a Pursuit over 85 and drop it to 85. The top guys will still be awesome as their other ratings set them apart.
Here is the list:

Vikes Chris Doleman*+ RDE
Vikes Keith Millard*+ RDT
Chargers Lee Williams* LDE
Eagles Reggie White*+ LDE
Eagles Clyde Simmons RDE
Bills Bruce Smith* RDE
Vikes Al Noga LDE
Browns Michael Dean Perry*+ RDT
Eagles Jerome Brown RDT
Vikes Henry Thomas LDT
Chargers Burt Grossman RDE
49ers Pierce Holt LDE
Broncos Ron Holmes RDE
Colts Jon Hand RDE
Lions Jerry Ball* NT
Eagles Mike Pitts LDT
Saints Frank Warren LDE
Browns Al Baker LDE
Giants Leonard Marshall RDE
49ers Kevin Fagan RDE
Broncos Alphonso Carreker LDE
Browns Carl Hairston LDT
Colts Donnell Thompson LDE
Fins Jeff Cross RDE
Skins Charles Mann* LDE
Broncos Greg Kragen* NT
Skins Dexter Manley RDE
Thanks so much for this release, is the version currently on madden share the one that includes these fixes? Just wanted to make sure the version I downloaded was final or most up to date
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 06-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Thanks so much for this release, is the version currently on madden share the one that includes these fixes? Just wanted to make sure the version I downloaded was final or most up to date
No the current MaddenShare version has not changed from the original I posted. You can download the current and simply go in and make the changes listed on the list. It only take a couple of minutes to complete, I just have not done it on the main file, only in my CFM.

I was toying with some other changes, to kickers and punters, to see if I wanted to make any additional changes to the main roster. I think I will leave it as is for now.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:36 PM   #19
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

just now seeing this, but i will def download these and do the edits you recommended, thank you so much for doing this set!93 and these are must have if you have 17 imo.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:50 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I downloaded these today and played a game in play now, really nice job with the equipment. These look great when you select throwback uniforms
Old 06-26-2017, 01:03 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
just now seeing this, but i will def download these and do the edits you recommended, thank you so much for doing this set!93 and these are must have if you have 17 imo.
I hope you enjoy the roster. It is nice to play with a half way decent Browns team. lol

I think this 89 roster is even better, in terms of gameplay, than the 93 roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 01:05 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I downloaded these today and played a game in play now, really nice job with the equipment. These look great when you select throwback uniforms
Thanks! I take quite a bit of time to look at equipment. Of course there are some limitations due to what Madden has to offer, but overall I feel like the "look" is correct.

Hope you enjoy the roster!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
For those who are interested in the sim engine results, I have attached two files. One file shows the actual 1989 standings along with the average W/L for the 28 NFL teams. I took out the "expansion" teams for comparison purposes. That same file also shows the actual play calling of the 1989 teams and the results of the 4 sims I ran.

The other file shows the sim results of the top several QBs and RBs for the 4 sims I ran.
looks really good. I hope you go with 2002, as It is more current to the age of Madden players. I am not sure if I am going to get Madden this year and after some video breakdowns on you tube of leaked game play vids. For those that do play - enjoy.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:54 PM   #24
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashbuggie
looks really good. I hope you go with 2002, as It is more current to the age of Madden players. I am not sure if I am going to get Madden this year and after some video breakdowns on you tube of leaked game play vids. For those that do play - enjoy.
Not really....I would imagine that quite a large number of the people that would be the target audience most interested in classic rosters grew up watching NFL in the 80s/90s (if not earlier). If you're going by the overall mean age of players, then yeah, you're right....but that really gets skewed by the younger audience that is more interested in online gaming (and not simulating NFL past seasons).

That aside, I personally find 2002 to be a pretty bland and uninteresting season. No dominant teams, your MVP was the "immortal" Rich Gannon, most of the elite players from the 90s were gone and replaced at the top by guys who weren't quite in their primes yet. There weren't really any "villains" (i.e. teams that everyone except their fans hated). The only real storyline was parity (a nice way of saying "mediocrity").

Now, regardless of the season selected, I'm sure Iteachpercussion will come up with something terrific and I will be looking forward to it no matter what

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »