JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 463 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #3697
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I thank you sir.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:21 AM   #3698
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1

As a long time Madden player I want to express how liberating it is to just play on default and not have to worry about constantly adjusting sliders. I have probably had more fun with this years Madden than ever, with the possible exception of 04 which was when I first got into the series (not saying that it was a better game just that I had more fun with it).

Still, there is one thing that still bothers me and that is my tendency to throw 1-2 picks pretty much every single game, even with a really highly rated QB. The thing is, I can accept responsibility for about half of those picks as just being bad decisions by me, but the other half are plays where I'm just left wondering how the heck I'm supposed to have avoided it. Example from my last game, I threw a 5 yard bullet pass to my TE in the endzone. There was a defender 2-3 yards behind him and I threw the ball to the other side, yet the defender leaps like superman in front of my TE and snatches the ball. I'm fine with this kind of thing happening once in a while but it seems to happen too often, although it might just be me making bad reads.

Anyway, my question is this. If I reduce the CPU interception slider, will it just reduce the CPU players ability to catch the football or will it make them worse at playing the pass in general? Because I just want to reduce the number of interception, not make it easier to complete passes.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #3699
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamagate
As a long time Madden player I want to express how liberating it is to just play on default and not have to worry about constantly adjusting sliders. I have probably had more fun with this years Madden than ever, with the possible exception of 04 which was when I first got into the series (not saying that it was a better game just that I had more fun with it).

Still, there is one thing that still bothers me and that is my tendency to throw 1-2 picks pretty much every single game, even with a really highly rated QB. The thing is, I can accept responsibility for about half of those picks as just being bad decisions by me, but the other half are plays where I'm just left wondering how the heck I'm supposed to have avoided it. Example from my last game, I threw a 5 yard bullet pass to my TE in the endzone. There was a defender 2-3 yards behind him and I threw the ball to the other side, yet the defender leaps like superman in front of my TE and snatches the ball. I'm fine with this kind of thing happening once in a while but it seems to happen too often, although it might just be me making bad reads.

Anyway, my question is this. If I reduce the CPU interception slider, will it just reduce the CPU players ability to catch the football or will it make them worse at playing the pass in general? Because I just want to reduce the number of interception, not make it easier to complete passes.

Short answer, it will dumb down coverage.

Frankly, this is one of those settings where people oh so innocently make a 'minor' tweak. Six months later they are still trying to 'fix' the game...

It isn't worth it....trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #3700
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

It's what Josh said. Don't play with the sliders. Just try hard to not make that throw. It's easier learning that then trying to fix with sliders.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 06-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #3701
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Short answer, it will dumb down coverage.

Frankly, this is one of those settings where people oh so innocently make a 'minor' tweak. Six months later they are still trying to 'fix' the game...

It isn't worth it....trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It's what Josh said. Don't play with the sliders. Just try hard to not make that throw. It's easier learning that then trying to fix with sliders.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
I guess you're right and I'll just have to improve my game. My post was a result of being frustrated after losing my second straight conference championship. But if I got to the SB by lowering the difficulty I probably wouldn't enjoy it anyway.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #3702
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I guess you're right and I'll just have to improve my game. My post was a result of being frustrated after losing my second straight conference championship. But if I got to the SB by lowering the difficulty I probably wouldn't enjoy it anyway.

Well, I have much worse difficulty with picks than you do, so I get it. Players will make great reactions on the balls, especially in zone coverage so you really have to read them. The key, my guys will make the same sort of plays if they are rated well.

We used to see psychic lbs back in the day and I see nothing that egregious here. It can be a tad frustrating but I love the reward when I do well..

Old 06-19-2017, 06:57 PM   #3703
Rookie

I have been playing with the 50 injury pure default sliders as per your suggestion. I am really enjoying both passing attacks, but the run games feel a bit weak.

Josh, what are your thoughts on putting block in the back at 49 - we had that tweak in earlier and it seemed to improve run blocking quite a bit.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:00 AM   #3704
Rookie

So, I haven't posted in a bit due to being rather busy, but I'm still trucking along with my all-madden version of my franchise with my buddy. All our games are still turning out to be extremely close. I think we've only had 1-2 games decided my more than a single touchdown heading into week 10. I'm looking at the new stuff from Josh about gameplan, and I'm having mixed feelings about it, since it takes away our ability to specifically gameplan for certain things or boost certain positions xp wise and requires a lot more manual work, since we don't control all 32 teams.

Josh, what exactly do you think needs to be done about playbooks now that you've found the new information out? Leave them and just remove the problem vertical ones?

As far as gameplay goes, I honestly think I'm growing to like the sliders I play on more. I've noticed my offense performing better when I started adding a bit more variety into it, since the computer can't play to my tendencies as much. Defense... continues to be a struggle, but that could just be because I have a pretty bleh team mixed with my desire to play a Tampa-2 esque defense. My buddy is having... problems lately. I think it's mainly because he refuses to adapt to what the computer is giving him so much. He literally tries to run the same offense every game, and I feel the computer is starting to clamp down on the things he does. We are both being hobbled by injuries though, so that's something as well. The all-madden cheese is still there as well, but ultimately it makes every game competitive and a real struggle, even against bad teams. I swear my buddy is going to have a stroke one of these days when we are playing.

I've been recording and uploading my gameplay for the franchises for a bit, but I had one special, short clip that I thought I'd share with you guys from my buddy's game against the Raiders. I felt so bad for him after watching that, but it's nothing compared to the game he just had against Ten.

https://youtu.be/PKvtv2KpwHM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »