Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #33
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
In the auto sub thread (Post #3), I'm seeing that the HB will rotate out at 70 versus default Fatigue (50)...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-working.html

If that's the case, then bumping fatigue to 60 SHOULD make them rotate out at default 60 / 80...

THEN, if you find that like last year the "foot planting" etc. is better at lower "Out" values, on could THEORETICALLY bump fatigue again by increments of 5, while subtracting that value from the out number...

For example:

Fatigue at 60 = Auto Subs at 60 / 80

Fatigue at 65 = Auto Subs at 55 / 80

Fatigue at 70 = Auto Subs at 50 / 80

Fatigue at 75 = Auto Subs at 45 / 80

#ballpark

Here's the thing....watching jaa's stream....he ran it at 25 fatigue...CPU man-handled him. We bumped-up to 45 fatigue and it really balanced things out with just a little wonkiness. I think we may need to go with a lower fatigue right now and then (possibly) adjust autosubs higher.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #34
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Here's the thing....watching jaa's stream....he ran it at 25 fatigue...CPU man-handled him. We bumped-up to 45 fatigue and it really balanced things out with just a little wonkiness. I think we may need to go with a lower fatigue right now and then (possibly) adjust autosubs higher.
Well, that works as long as the "Out" doesn't result in similar results to last year...

I'm seeing a lot of posts re: sliding and warping at 60 / 80, so hopefully it'll work opposite of last year and default / higher values will bring about better foot planting / physics...

Also:

REALLY intrigued by "split values" for fatigue in the Main Menu versus CFM...

Since the Auto Subs slave off the Profile (Main Menu) values, MAYBE using the fatigue value that works in consort with them in the Main while using the "Gameplay" value in CFM will be the way to go?

Lastly:

Since Auto Subs slave off the profile, has anyone considered trying leaving them at 49 / 50 (or whatever it is in CFM) inside CFM and only adjust the ones in the profile...

For example:

75 Fatigue and 45 / 80 Auto Subs in the Main

25 Fatigue and either "default CFM" auto subs 49 / 50 or 60 / 80 or 35 / 80 in CFM

LOTS of options and we're only discussing Auto Subs!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-21-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #35
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Jaa's still streaming and we've honed it on a few things.
  • KCI "off" and raising MM punt power for the CPU (along with a higher facemask value) have really ratcheted up the defensive pursuit and aggression. Jaa was horribly exploiting stretch and toss plays before the adjustments, not so much now...but the middle is a tad more open. It's also creating better dynamics in the pass rush for both sides. Again, a starting point.
  • We're still seeing some subbing at 45 fatigue and 60/80 subs (in both CFM and MM). Not quite enough, but enough for a starting point...especially with the CPU playing much more effectively.
  • Turning off OPI seems to have the same affect as last year, varying the QB/WR interactions (i.e. more drops, a little less accuracy, etc.)
Still some "work" to be done....but I am feeling much better now than I did at the beginning of the day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #36
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Definitely got game playing better with adjustments we made, but still an offensive slug fest. Hopefully still going in right direction.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #37
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Josh, do you primarily attempt to build an ideal slider set for single-user CFMs to attain optimal User v CPU gameplay, or are you gearing primarily toward 32-man CFMs?

This will be my first cycle based out of OpSports but I do a ton of slider analysis for our 32-man CFM to see which metrics we're tracking well vs NFL on a per-play basis. Happy to share some as we progress into the file if you like.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-21-2016, 06:29 PM   #38
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

we usually to for solo CFM I believe, not cpu vs cpu.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:29 PM   #39
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Josh, do you primarily attempt to build an ideal slider set for single-user CFMs to attain optimal User v CPU gameplay, or are you gearing primarily toward 32-man CFMs?

This will be my first cycle based out of OpSports but I do a ton of slider analysis for our 32-man CFM to see which metrics we're tracking well vs NFL on a per-play basis. Happy to share some as we progress into the file if you like.
I focus on CPU v User play. However, my approach is to not touch the gameplay sliders AT ALL given the unintended effects they have. As such, they should theoretically work for User v User (or CPU v CPU) games.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:38 PM   #40
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I focus on CPU v User play. However, my approach is to not touch the gameplay sliders AT ALL given the unintended effects they have. As such, they should theoretically work for User v User (or CPU v CPU) games.
My ea access us over.

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-21-2016 at 07:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »