Home

Guff's Sim Slider Set

This is a discussion on Guff's Sim Slider Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 01:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Guff's Sim Slider Set

Purpose of starting a slider set was to decrease the QB time to stand in the pocket and also to make the game a little more realistic feeling.

When making a slider set or judging one, one must consider their team, most teams are deficient in some areas and are above average to great in others, so you dont want a team with a poor run blocking line to be consistently in the top of the league in rushing, your going to play teams that almost completely take the run away from you, doesn't necessarily mean you need to abandon the run, mix it in and you'll be rewarded with a big gain with patience, but don't force the us of the run, good teams will keep your average low or result in a loss of yards except for that occasional splash play.

Same goes for the pass rush, if your playing a team that has an O line all ranked high in pass block (not necessarily overall rating) you will have trouble winning with your first move, just stick with it and use the fact there is no automatic false start for being aggressive with the Jump The Snap trigger. You will get sacks in the game, but the aim is to also not have teams getting over 5 sacks consistently each game.

I will number each slider which i have an explanation for and explain it below the set. I'm still fine tuning but this should serve as a good base and should not be subject to any major changes (aside from post patch), was loving the gameplay too much not to share and didn't notice many going this direction.

recent changes in Blue

Difficulty: ALL-PRO
Game Speed: Slow
Quarter Length: 9 min
Accelerated Clock: Off

**Game Speed- Didn't notice much difference as far as tendencies from the CPU changing from normal to slow, mostly did this to help navigating D lineman once freed from a block, they can be a challenge to direct in the right direction with game speed at normal the instant they shed a block.

MAIN MENU SETTINGS: ALL DEFAULT

HUM / CPU

1) QB ACCURACY: 40 / 100
2) PASS BLOCKING: 37 / 47
3) WR CATCHING: 42 / 42
4) RUN BLOCKING: 8 / 26
FUMBLES: 50 / 50
5) PASS DEFENSE REACTION TIME: 100/100
6) INTERCEPTIONS: 19 / 19
5) PASS COVERAGE: 1 / 65
7) TACKLING: 41 / 41

SPECIAL TEAMS SLIDERS: DEFAULT

INJURIES: 31
FATIGUE: 63
8) MIN PLAYER THRESHOLD: 100

9) OFFSIDE 0
9) FALSE START 0

REST OF PENALTY SLIDERS: DEFAULT

1) When i think of an inaccurate pass in the NFL, generally the ball is slightly out of position and the WR has trouble getting the proper body position to make the catch. With that said, the CPU QB acc has in my experience led to the CPU qb taking advantage of open receivers more aggressively and holding the ball for long developing routes less. Having the increased pressure from the D line, the qb in "under pressure" more, this causes his accuracy to decrease, and has led to arrant throws, and evenly slightly inaccurate passes have more consequence with the WR catching slightly lowered.

2) This is still under construction, but I'm pretty satisfied with these numbers thus far, have been creeping up the CPU PB to help reduce quick wins on the initial move for the D line against good O lineman. One thing I absolutely do not want to see is the QB conisitently having 5 seconds to throw, this leads to them waiting on deep routes to get open and leads to QB statue sacks. I aim for about 3 seconds before he has to throw or navigate the pocket, unless its a successful play action the D bites on, that in real life is one way teams generate long pass plays.

3) Ive found this number works well to keep WRs from, catching balls when taking big hits except for a few occasions, this also helps to keep the offensive production on both sides toned down and not have every game lead to 80 points combined. This also helps keep the qb's stats more inline, also passes that are behind receivers or not placed well are subject to drops more, which is true in real life.

4) I prefer a true to sim run game, if a back is averaging 5 yards a carry, its not because he's constantly hitting runs for 5 yards, he's occasionally getting defenders behind the line and sometimes getting stuffed, generally getting 2-3 yard gains and bust out some 10-20 yards here and there to bring up his average. In my games if my back doesn't have any 20+ yard runs he's usually only averaging about 3 yards per carry.

5) The HUM pass coverage slider is low to encourage the CPU qb to get rid of the ball faster by "seeing" WRs as being open, the higher HUM pass reaction is to help the coverage recover by having less than optimal position from the lower pass coverage slider. I still see good coverage from my secondary (actually wish i could lower it more) and i also do not see any unrealistic movements from defenders reacting to the ball in the air, seems to help tighten things up and make the passing game more realistic. The reason for the CPU pass coverage being higher are to help the CPU cover underneath crossing routes and help them make the passing game not so automatic for the player.

6) I dont like seeing defenders capitalize on every mistake or poor throw, I see it constantly in the NFL, defenders dropping gift baskets from the opposing QBs. There are still plenty of interceptions with this setting especially with a good defense, i see on average about 2 a game. The lower slider also help limit too many interceptions from the increased pass reaction slider on both sides.

7) By having the run blocking sliders lower, and having defenders in the back field and in rushing lanes more, this helps balance the run game. This also helps to see more skill position players forcing missed tackles. Remember one thing that really makes a rb a career in the NFL is the ability to make the first man miss, this should happen more often than not.

8) This was done because i was noticing even when the pass rush was ramped up, the CPU QB was finding WRs on deep routes before the pass rush could get there. Having this high helps slow down the depth the WRs and TEs get on passing plays while helping speed up the pass rushers (which have lower speeds than the WRs and TEs for the most part). I was fearful this would make faster players not stand out but it has not at al, actually makes the game more realistic as they say, everyone in the NFL is fast, i have not witnessed any skill players on break away plays getting chased down from behind from slow players that have no business doing so.

9) I made the offside zero as this makes it easier to be aggressive with the jump the snap button without having to deal with the offsides calls (the break in action gets annoying to me), i also reduced the false start to zero to keep the CPU from trying a hard snap count with no reward and only risk of a false start

ENJOY and i APPRECIATE your feedback!

Last edited by guff; 08-31-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 02:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Guff's Sim Slider Set

Very interesting slider set. I really like what you're going for and I will give them a shot. For me personally I play CPU vs CPU and the statue sack makes this game almost unplayable. Do you think your sliders would work for CPU vs CPU is I plug in your human defense sliders as the cpu defense sliders in my game? Thanks for putting these out.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvitz89
Very interesting slider set. I really like what you're going for and I will give them a shot. For me personally I play CPU vs CPU and the statue sack makes this game almost unplayable. Do you think your sliders would work for CPU vs CPU is I plug in your human defense sliders as the cpu defense sliders in my game? Thanks for putting these out.
Def worth a shot, i always play as D line so all the secondary/Lb work on my side is Cpu controlled anyhow.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:06 AM   #4
Rookie

http://xboxclips.com/TRchamp12/d3237...1-2bd88eac47f6

This was definitely refreshing to see. This is the 1st time I've seen an elite QB actually do something that only an elite QB like Aaron Rodgers could do. This slider set already seems much more promising than the last I tried out which had Tom Brady gifting me 7 sacks in the 1st half.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #5
Rookie

So I just tried these with my CPU vs CPU franchise and I must say these are really good. You have the QB pocket play looking really good, when they feel pressure they scramble out of the pocket. The only issues I have are the QB stats are really good, just had Glennon with a 151 QB rating with only 4 incomplete passes. Is the Accuracy that high to help with the pocket play? I'd like to move it down if you don't think it would hurt. Only other thing is the threshold being at 100. Had a D lineman pick up a fumble and run 80 yards where receivers couldn't catch him. These are looking really good so far. Keep it up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvitz89
So I just tried these with my CPU vs CPU franchise and I must say these are really good. You have the QB pocket play looking really good, when they feel pressure they scramble out of the pocket. The only issues I have are the QB stats are really good, just had Glennon with a 151 QB rating with only 4 incomplete passes. Is the Accuracy that high to help with the pocket play? I'd like to move it down if you don't think it would hurt. Only other thing is the threshold being at 100. Had a D lineman pick up a fumble and run 80 yards where receivers couldn't catch him. These are looking really good so far. Keep it up

Yes the high QB ACC for CPU was done to increase short open passes, I'm slowly creeping down the CPU catching to help keep their numbers down, if you don't have a good pass rush and a suspect secondary, you will get picked apart in real life, so I don't want to take that away, but I'm still fine tuning to get stats realistic but the gameplay is pretty solid.

In regards to the d lineman running one back, it has happened in the NFL plenty, also a lot of d lineman have good speed in the game as far as their ratings, but I don't see this type of stuff too often, but feel free to tweak as you please, I'll be making some very minor tweaks over the next couple days, specifically to CPU catching, HUM QB ACC, HUM pass block, and HUM/CPU run block.

I really like the run game, if you stick with the run you'll be rewarded, but there are those runs that get stuffed or have minimal gains and I like to see that.

Last edited by guff; 08-29-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Interested in giving these a try once you have tuned everything and they are final.

Was wondering if you checked out this thread:
Are the sliders backwards

Check out post #6
Interesting that pass reaction slider could be better at 0, rather than 100
Old 08-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toliveanddieinsf
Interested in giving these a try once you have tuned everything and they are final.

Was wondering if you checked out this thread:
Are the sliders backwards

Check out post #6
Interesting that pass reaction slider could be better at 0, rather than 100
I think that they are set now except i am still slowly creeping the WR catching down, but they work great here now, just dont want the opposing QB having +70
% completion and this lowering also helps keep scoring down.

As far as the backwards sliders, i have not experienced it mysef, however did see better results (CPU WRs getting open) with pass coverage at 1 as opposed to 0 for HUM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »