Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #3713
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just keep playing. Matchups really matter quite a bit so small sample sizes can skew perceptions. I have had games where I shut them down and others where I get gashed...it just depends...

Also, I ran some numbers a while back and if I recall correctly only about a third of NFL games last year featured a 100 yard rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Absolutely, I'm not changing anything just yet, but since I've played 3 games and in all 3 I've ran over 100 yards while keeping the CPU to less than 70 I thought I might as well ask.
I've had another game today vs Panthers (I'm using Vikings) and completely destroyed them 61-14 with 2 user Picks and over 350 yards passing (that was untill the 4th where I subbed all the backups so not even a full game).
I'm wondering if moving the difficulty to All Madden would still work?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #3714
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Absolutely, I'm not changing anything just yet, but since I've played 3 games and in all 3 I've ran over 100 yards while keeping the CPU to less than 70 I thought I might as well ask.
I've had another game today vs Panthers (I'm using Vikings) and completely destroyed them 61-14 with 2 user Picks and over 350 yards passing (that was untill the 4th where I subbed all the backups so not even a full game).
I'm wondering if moving the difficulty to All Madden would still work?
You don't have to use these sliders to use the gameplanning workaround....just sayin'
Old 06-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #3715
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You don't have to use these sliders to use the gameplanning workaround....just sayin'

I know that, but I'm not sure if changing the sliders would work the same way, and that's why I'm asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 04:41 AM   #3716
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

Okay game 1 with gameplanning was very nice
Week 4 of year 3 my Los Angeles chargers vs Seattle
General thoughts user passing was somewhat easy but I do have drew brees
Cpu passing was spotty 55% 2 tds 2 picks 1 on a hail Mary
Both run games were believable Seattle had 260 yards but I also run stupid blitzes with no one deep
I did feel like a lot of the cpu offense was me calling stupid plays and them getting 30-40 yard plays but they also had nice 60 yard drives when I called a better game

Overall this was the most suspenseful and fun game I've played in a long time and that is what really counts. I had my own Blair Walsh moment late in the game and then blocked their game winner which is my 1st block in like 3 months.

I know it's just 1 game but still was loads of fun and well worth the 3 minute setup I was dreading dealing with lol

Stats
Brees 31-41 392 3 tds 0 ints
Wilson 15-27 259 2 tds 2 ints

Rawls 29-246- 0 tds
Gordon 22-93-1 td
Henson (my rookie rb) 7-35-0

Doctson (mine) 6-105
Hardy (mine) 8-139
Baldwin 4-141
Lockett 6-92

Only real special defensive things were
Jeremy lane 2 sacks for Seattle

And me only getting 2 sacks both by Attaochu

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Gophers
Gators
Yankees

Last edited by kingcrf; 06-24-2017 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Felt a stat line might be nice here
Old 06-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #3717
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I decided to try the game planning set up and even though I don't normally like to judge things based on one game I have to say there has to be something to this.

First let me share my settings. Everything is exactly like you have it on the OP on the main menu and in CFM. The only difference is that I have auto strafe off and switch assist on (personal preference) I also didn't changed the main menu game speed to slow.

This was the best CPU QB play I've seen on all pro or lower. It was actually better than All Madden because it wasnt just robo QB.
It was just good play calling and good decisions by Rodgers. If I got pressure on him it helped. He also has some bad throws.

I played as the Jags against the Packers. Aaron Rodgers was unstoppable. I started off using the playcalling where the CPU picks it. I used the strategy pick. I had to start calling my own plays because I was getting carved up like I haven't against the CPU in this whole cycle. Lol

The CPU was way more aggressive in playcalling and Rodgers was aggressive as a QB the whole game. He was decisive and didn't just hold the ball and throw check downs all game. I usually beat the CPU pretty easy on All Pro with out house rules. I didn't need any house rules this game. The CPU offense was very good. In a realistic way though.

I played 15 quarters with 20 second run off just to try it. I figured the stats would be high an they where. Not as bad as I figured though. Anyway here are some stats. This was amazing as far as the CPU playcalling and QB play.

Last edited by charter04; 06-25-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:28 AM   #3718
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Good stuff Charter; really glad to hear some positive things about this from another "slider vet". Totally dig those pass distribution numbers by Aaron too...with the CPU calling a wider variety of plays, it becomes really darn difficult to stop all of those weapons...the defensive "chess match" ensues.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #3719
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

A bit of a shameless plug, but if any of you still play NCAA 14, I have posted a new setup using the same principles as used for this set. My slider thread is linked in my signature below.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-28-2017, 02:06 PM   #3720
Pro

sms024's Arena

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »