Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 02:10 AM   #9
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Sim 6 is up in Post #2. Also update XP Sliders in OP.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well a player who gets 10k xp over the course of a season will instead get 15k at 150%, and a player who gets 20k xp that same season will get 30k, so they theoretically are getting more bonus xp out of the slider.

When you start thinking that realistically many players finish with 5-8k xp at the end of the season while a few hit 20k + it stands to reason that the majority of the xp bonus gained from the sliders is going to the upper performing players and increase the top performers more than the bottom tier.

At positions where attributes are expensive like the ones I mentioned a 250% bonus to someone getting 5k xp per season results in 12.5k xp, which isn't going to do much for a wideout. But those guys who are pulling in closer to 18k will get 45k xp, a much more noticeable difference. So if we assume a stud at any position is going to have to have multiple seasons of 20k xp at 100% (idk its a nice round number) then the xp impact of a 10% move in the sliders is 2k xp per season on that player. If we assume the average xp gain per season of a career 70s player is around 5k then the impact of a 10% move is only 500 xp

I'm not sure how much that helps but could help put it into perspective just how much extra xp we are giving players with the sliders, although since we don't know exactly how much xp a superstar hb or wr needs to develop into 95+ it doesn't really help that much.

Edit: I also think you might be better off with T and G sliders at 270 after taking a more careful look at your tables even though your top tier is still within a good range that second tier is a little big. I might even run a 260 test myself because I'm curious.

I'm hoping the next results show either too much strength at the WR position, or that it's just right, because from my results it looked like it needed even more help than the OL. After 20 years 82% of the wideouts over 80 ovr were in the 80-84 range and I'm sure you've noticed they tend to cluster at 81 and 80. Either way at those troubling positions I think you'll end up needing to run less trial runs by getting aggressive and working your way back down.

OH yea... great f-ing work by the way. Generating a regular slider set isn't so terrible because you spend a lot of your time actually playing the game. This is some seriously tedious work, my 20 year sim with the table creating took hours. Tallying all the players at every position and then entering them into the spreadsheet was so annoying. For you to have done it 6 times already is baller status.

There might be a big caveat to all this work though, we aren't sure about the impact of these sliders when a team is user controlled through the season. I have to assume that most users use their xp more intelligently than the CPU so unless you're playing a franchise that you plan to take 10+ seasons into the future it may be better to be more conservative with the xp sliders.

Last edited by bdubbs; 08-25-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:43 AM   #11
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

This is totally insane TDawg (in the best way possible)!!

I absolutely love it....will totally be using these once you're final!

Thanks for doing this man, I thought of doing the same, but sliders are keeping me busy enough!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 03:14 AM   #12
Rookie

Great work Tdawg. Ive run 3 sims myself using your results adjusted with my own experimentation and personal preferences. Heres some of the more interesting results you might like to know:

With WR set to 260%, I had 2 in the 95-99 range, 13 in the 90-94 range, and a whopping 35 players in the 85-89 range. Much too high. Testing 230% next.

With T set at full 300%, there were 3 95-99 (2 99 OVR), 10 90-94, and 19 85-89. Also too high. Testing 260% next.

Center at 300% produced 2 90-94 and 4 85-89 players. Realistic imo.

Got one 90-94 Kicker at 300%. No 90+ Punters at 250%

CB at 160% netted me 1 elite tier player (a 97 nonetheless), 2 90-94, and 12 85-89. Testing 180 next but its close.

QB seems perfect in the 86-90 range, with the lower option thinning out the 85-89 range for the player that prefers that and vice-versa.
I like TE at 110%. Very realistic results in 3 straight sims

Thats all ive really nailed down so far but some interesting results on the high end of the sliders for sure.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for all the hard work! This is the most important part of the game for me so I'm glad u are close to getting great results! I look forward to seeing the end result.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:32 AM   #14
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Tdawg is the man. Glad there's someone else here who obsesses over things like this more than the color of someone's arm sleeve.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

How big do you think the differences will be if you switch from end of season progression to weekly? I'm in a CFM and my guys won't do end of season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #16
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
How big do you think the differences will be if you switch from end of season progression to weekly? I'm in a CFM and my guys won't do end of season.

I second this. I enjoy doing the XP every week for my players, also I feel like it's more realistic because players especially rookies improve a lot as the season goes on in real life. Am I going to mess up my results using these with weekly progression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »