Home

RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
So people want to nerf pass blocking because the sack leader is on pace for 29 sacks, which is higher than the ~20-22 the sack leader usually finishes with. Yet people want to raise catching even though WRs across the board are on pace for some equally massive far-greater-than-NFL seasons?

In my honest opinion, sliders can't fix WR-DB interactions. If you put WR catching too high (and in my view, 65 is very high), then pass #s get out of control. Too low and DBs INT it way too often. This is a Madden/animation issue.

Big picture, I think league complaints is not a good way to balance gameplay. Across virtually every league, what you'll wind up with is a slider set that encourages deep passing with minimal risk/consequences. This is just my opinion, of course, but I don't solicit opinions. I look at numbers. E.g. if our rushing is high vs the NFL, RBK is getting a nerf or TKL is getting a bump, regardless of whether some people think it's realistic.

But, to answer your question directly: if you want fewer sacks, raise PBK. If you want more catches, keep raising the Catch slider.
You can blame me for the WR numbers getting out of hand. We had a rule where if a WR had over 40 catches, his YPC couldn't be higher than 23. We took that rule out and people were just abusing it so we recently just put that rule back in.

I'm a numbers guy as well. We left run blocking on 50 and I see in your set that you have it a lot higher. I guess if I raise run blocking then they hold on to their blocks longer?
Old 04-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
PS - Your Daddyleagues site is awesome! Wish we had someone in our league who could fancy up ours!
Thanks. I can put you into contact with the guy that did ours if you want.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #99
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkn1ghtcrawler
You can blame me for the WR numbers getting out of hand. We had a rule where if a WR had over 40 catches, his YPC couldn't be higher than 23. We took that rule out and people were just abusing it so we recently just put that rule back in.

I'm a numbers guy as well. We left run blocking on 50 and I see in your set that you have it a lot higher. I guess if I raise run blocking then they hold on to their blocks longer?

I'd be careful about picking certain sliders out of context. Also, we run 12 min quarters and snap nearly 120 plays/game (just below NFL), so we can afford to make offense much tougher and still put up NFL-like scores.

Also note the set on page 1 is for S5, I've noticed in S7 that our rushing YPC is too high at the moment, been gradually dropping RBK and raised TKL a bit, too. Will be posting the adjustments shortly.

Personally, I am against any rules against #s in user games (besides running up the score in the 2nd half of lopsided wins, which is just sportsmanship). I think sliders can take care of that and therefore incentivize correct (or at least...better) gameplay.

But that takes a lot of buy in from the league and isn't for everyone. We've had a grump or two join and get mad at our sliders, blame them for not scoring 30+ when they were trying to go deep all the time. Gotta be honest with yourself about what is best for your league. For us, I've stressed realism is my goal from day one, and if anyone doesn't like it, there are other leagues for them. Lots of good ways to run a quality league, and realism doesn't have to be the end all, be all.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #100
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quick late-cycle update for those of you still chugging along.

Run game got a bit inflated early in S7 for us. Too many long runs. Tweaked RBK/TKL a bit to compensate and now it's far more in line with the NFL.

Pass game actually got a bit *too* tough. QB Acc and PBK have been slightly bumped to compensate. I expect this should get us back where I want us to be, but it may require one more small bump.

Scoring in S7 has been on point, median in the low 20s, actually just a hair below NFL levels on a per-game basis (a hair above on a per-snap basis).

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 05-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #101
Rookie

We are starting a league using these sliders and xApathyx13's daily updated rosters including rookies. We use Slack to communicate.

Remaining teams: Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Chargers, Lions, Redskins, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Packers

Email [email protected] if you would like to join.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »