Home

RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #41
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc1225
So are cpu sliders the same as hum then?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IMHO this is a tricky question because it depends on what you want out of your CPU games. Are they intended to be 50/50 tough games? Then I'd consider using one of the slider sets here (e.g. Charter,etc.) which are designed specifically for CPU games. I can't really comment on how well they do, but people love them.

Are your CPU games intended to be wins for the user team? If so then I'd crank the offensive sliders way way down for the CPU and use my USER sliders for CPU defense. This is what I do, but we have very very very few CPU games. Most weeks we have 0. League is geared toward USER v USER games only.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #42
Rookie

OK thx

Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #43
Rookie

So far what I see is passing is way easier than running so far

Old 12-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #44
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc1225
So far what I see is passing is way easier than running so far

Is that from league-wide performance or you personally? Just curious. Could be you are just a good passer. Could just be a couple big games, there is always large variance in any slider set, as there should be. We see 100 yd games passing and 400 yd games passing.

Also though, what season are you all in? I'm about to update the sliders for season 3. Our passing game has gotten a little too good early in S3, my guess is because the generated DBs coming are inferior to the veteran CBs who have regressed/aged out. So I think coverage is in need of a bump.

Like I said in my OP, unfortunately in a 32-man CFM, sliders aren't a static thing. As the league gets better skill-wise and as generated draft classes replace veteran stars, you can see different trends. I will be posting the updated sliders here very shortly--still a work in progress for S3, but they will reflect the changes I just made to our league to combat the passing game starting to get too powerful (when it was performing very well vs NFL in season 1).

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 12-06-2016, 10:53 AM   #45
Rookie

Just an observation from watching the leagues games so far not much to go off just what I'm seeing so far but I like them so far

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #46
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Updated the original post with initial Season 3 sliders!

As I said up-front, I would post updates to the set as two things are ever-changing:

1) League-wide user skill, as guys get better at the game, particularly on offense in the pass game.
2) Drafted players replacing aging/regressing/retiring starters.

Note that I have saved Season 1 sliders in a SPOILER tag.

Couple things in S3:
1) Passing has started to increase past the point where I'm comfortable. Part of that could be our own league's trend (guys are trying to pass it deeper, leading to deeper drop-backs, riskier throws, and more defensive TDs that are in part driving scoring up).
2) Rushing seems like it's overall in a good spot league-wide.
3) I've tweaked penalties after benchmarking them against only the NFL penalties that are actually called in M17. Total NFL penalties are much higher, but a lot of that is because of things like personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. Penalty yards should be a bit higher than in S1 but still well below NFL's penalty rate per 100 snaps.
4) With a bump to DB coverage, I've also bumped WR Catch slightly to compensate. This should mean slightly fewer dropped passes in traffic and reward hitting a WR within a window rather than force a bad pass elsewhere.

As always, I will monitor to see how these changes affect league stats. The S1 slider set was really strong overall, with most per-snap and per-game stats coming eerily close to NFL averages. S3 is starting to stray off course, so this is an attempt to correct.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 12-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #47
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Thank you for all your work on this, i came here today looking just for this, slider set for 32 man leagues. Thanks so much for your work on this.

Just curious , as someone asked earlier, about what to set slider for cpu.Where do you have your cpu sliders at ? The same as user sliders? or just default all madden?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 12-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #48
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Thank you for all your work on this, i came here today looking just for this, slider set for 32 man leagues. Thanks so much for your work on this.

Just curious , as someone asked earlier, about what to set slider for cpu.Where do you have your cpu sliders at ? The same as user sliders? or just default all madden?

Thanks man, hope you enjoy them!

The CPU slider question is one I often get and is very tricky to answer, which is why I don't include them in the post. It's trickier to make CPU sliders for a 32-person league than it is for a solo CFM, because it depends so heavily on what a CPU game means to you. Is it..

...a free win where you don't care about any stats?
...a free win but you don't want stats to get too crazy?
...a win MOST of the time, but you don't mind a CPU winning here and there?
...a tough, close game where the CPU team should win a good half the time?

Different leagues handle CPU games very differently.

For a tough/good game, I'd advise using a CPU slider set on this forum. Charter, A&S, whatever you like. I don't play vs the CPU much so I don't have an opinion on which works best.

For my league, a CPU game is more or less a 'free' win, but I don't want stats to go crazy. Therefore, I just use our defensive sliders for CPU defense, but I plummet the offensive CPU sliders super low... like 1 QB Acc, 30 catching, 5 PBK/RBK. This at least minimizes the "Robo All Madden QB" effect while keeping the defense decent enough to keep everyone from dropping 40-50+ pts every game. By NO means do I claim doing this leads to a super fun, realistic, gritty game vs the CPU. You'll get a lot of open CPU WRs dropping the ball to counterbalance the All Madden QB. It's designed so the human wins almost every time. Just our league philosophy that we want as many user games as possible. We should not have CPU games unless one guy cannot play, in which case the other gets the 'free win.'

But in a 16-team CFM, as some here are, or a league whose philosophy is that your CPU team should be about as tough as your user team, I recommend looking into a CPU slider set on these forums. It's still not going to be perfect, as user RBK + PBK is buffed up a bit, due to humans being so much better at the pass rush + run stuffing, so you may want to consider taking a CPU set and slightly bumping a couple sliders accordingly to make up for my 'USER' set in USER vs CPU games (e.g. perhaps give CPU Tackle a +1 boost to make up for USER higher RBK...).

Hopefully that answers your question somewhat.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »