Home

TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set

This is a discussion on TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set

So, let me first preface by saying I had to get my game face on for this one. There are slider sets and then there are slider sets. Everyone has their different take on how things work to the point where we tend to believe one person's best placebo effect the best. Some games that have sliders have sliders that work in different ways. And over the years the same game can change the way its sliders can be used. So its almost a revolving door of possibilities and sometimes a situation of the inevitable "Let's Start Over".

I've seen a lot of "if its not broke don't fix it" with Madden. The "Only do this/don't raise this/this works here this doesn't there/ don't adjust that,if you go over this....and the list goes on to the point of endlessness. That endless possibility is what made me not like doing sliders anymore ontop of the sad fact that developers no longer support sliders fully. Which gets me to my first point in attempting a slider set for this years Madden 17.

I've did some backlogging (as I said in my previous blog). I started with Madden 12 and went all the way thru to madden 16. And finally ended up with Madden 12 as the game I saw as the best. There are few things that Madden 12 does that madden 17 now does and does better. But they don't share the same features when it comes to the sliders. Its crazy how Madden 12 had a whole section devoted to the running game and run defense while Madden 17 ( a triple A Current Gen Title) does not. I'd like to GIVE the developers the benefit of the doubt that maybe the omission of these sliders means that they got the game engine to the point where it now handles those things correctly, but its this same doubt that has me looking at their desired effect....an effect which does not always work that I want to make work.

But i had to look at the whole picture. the full game not just areas of gameplay. I had to look at its most basic thing its players...its roster and how that roster is rated because after all the rating dictate how a player will play and that's pretty much your gameplay of the game.

Now this is where i REALLY go left field with my thinking now. Game Code is a bunch of thing of stuff i don't get educationally. Its all mumbo jumbo and tech speak. For me it has no human element its all numbers. So I said. Screw it. I'll deal with it that way... I'll combine the mumbo jumbo with numbers. Now you might be saying WTHeck Tomba you're crazy. Well sure I am why not it's a good kind of crazy.

So here's my ideology with Madden 17 and one I even used in Madden 12 to great effect.

Everyone struggles with fair scores and good outcomes in Madden. They scored when they should have were tackled when they should have been etc. Things is though, we never really go about it in any other way other than adjusting sliders until we don't see a result we like. there's no forethought there's only reactionary changes. Well... I nixed all that. I took it out of the box of play and put it into the logic of "even teams"....

What i first did was this... I basically went into the madden 17 roster and looked at two attributes I've always looked at. Those attribute are Acceleration and Speed. I have a bit of an obsession with these attributes as some of you may know and I always find that in ANY game these two physical attributes never are calculated right for a player in-game. It's basically REALLY simple to understand too but maybe harder to pull of in actual game coding. 1)You have the players "speed" which to me has always meant their top speed and 2) "Acceleration" which means how fast they "get to" their "top speed". Easy Right? Well no...throw in other attributes like agility and that can make for an entirely different discussion , but I didn't focus on those as I was MUCH MORE concerned with what happens Down the Field.

So in looking at Speed and Acceleration I focused my thought process on separation of the two attributes. How much each players speed and acceleration were separated by. In sorting our both for ALL NFL players I noticed a pattern. Usual this separation was by NO MORE than 7 for players rated 80 and above. In general we are playing with those players rated 80 and above prob 80 % of the time with a few below 80 due to the fact that they don't get offensive boosts. Now...with that said. I found my number separation!

So having a separation averaged out to 7 is a good thing. First off players only go to 99 and odd numbers have always seemed to work in roster editing and slider sets so a number of 7 to me is always a good starting point. So what became obvious within the rosters separation of players above 80 became the number in which in start my slider set with. WITH ONE CATCH though...IT's set on EVEN TEAMS.

See this is the thing guys. Sliders...Its not just up and down reduce add. It's more than that. It's about the roster and it's attributes and how the slider set stunts or boosts it esp in Madden and also in my recent slider set for Fifa 17 which I tried making play like PEZ 17.

Tomba Madden 17 Slider Set
Version 0.8(80% complete)
Pro Difficulty
Evens Teams On
Quarter Length 10 minutes
Play Clock On Acc.Clock On
Min. Play Clock Time 20 Seconds
Game Speed Slow
Auto Flip Def. Play Call Off
Ball carrier Special Move Manual
Def. Auto Strafe Off
Def. Ball Hawk Off
Def. Heat Seeker Assist Off
Def. Switch assist Off
Coach Mode On
Injuries 36
Fatigue 43
Player Speed Parity Scale 57

Player/CPU Skill
QB Acc. 36/43
Pass Blocking 36/43(Version 0.8 change)
WR Catching 57/43(Version 0.7 change)
Run Blocking 57/43
Fumbles 36/43
Reaction Time 50/43
Interceptions 36/43
Pass Coverage 57/43(Version 0.7 change)
Tackling 57/43

FG Power 57/50(Version 0.7 change)
FG Acc. 50/50
Punt Power 50/50
Punt Acc. 50/50
KickOff power 43/50

cameras Set to Standard.
I'll be tweaking this set in the coming weeks but this serves as a base and is about 60% complete. I still need to do penalty sliders and tweak a few things thanks to the newest patches and tuners that have been put out.

Stats wise these are on POINT. I get GREAT gameplay percentages even when simming, but of course player skill dictates many of these outcomes as well.

Tomba

Last edited by Tomba; 10-29-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
So, let me first preface by saying I had to get my game face on for this one. There are slider sets and then there are slider sets. Everyone has their different take on how things work to the point where we tend to believe one person's best placebo effect the best. Some games that have sliders have sliders that work in different ways. And over the years the same game can change the way its sliders can be used. So its almost a revolving door of possibilities and sometimes a situation of the inevitable "Let's Start Over".

I've seen a lot of "if its not broke don't fix it" with Madden. The "Only do this/don't raise this/this works here this doesn't there/ don't adjust that,if you go over this....and the list goes on to the point of endlessness. That endless possibility is what made me not like doing sliders anymore ontop of the sad fact that developers no longer support sliders fully. Which gets me to my first point in attempting a slider set for this years Madden 17.

I've did some backlogging (as I said in my previous blog). I started with Madden 12 and went all the way thru to madden 16. And finally ended up with Madden 12 as the game I saw as the best. There are few things that Madden 12 does that madden 17 now does and does better. But they don't share the same features when it comes to the sliders. Its crazy how Madden 12 had a whole section devoted to the running game and run defense while Madden 17 ( a triple A Current Gen Title) does not. I'd like to GIVE the developers the benefit of the doubt that maybe the omission of these sliders means that they got the game engine to the point where it now handles those things correctly, but its this same doubt that has me looking at their desired effect....an effect which does not always work that I want to make work.

But i had to look at the whole picture. the full game not just areas of gameplay. I had to look at its most basic thing its players...its roster and how that roster is rated because after all the rating dictate how a player will play and that's pretty much your gameplay of the game.

Now this is where i REALLY go left field with my thinking now. Game Code is a bunch of thing of stuff i don't get educationally. Its all mumbo jumbo and tech speak. For me it has no human element its all numbers. So I said. Screw it. I'll deal with it that way... I'll combine the mumbo jumbo with numbers. Now you might be saying WTHeck Tomba you're crazy. Well sure I am why not it's a good kind of crazy.

So here's my ideology with Madden 17 and one I even used in Madden 12 to great effect.

Everyone struggles with fair scores and good outcomes in Madden. They scored when they should have were tackled when they should have been etc. Things is though, we never really go about it in any other way other than adjusting sliders until we don't see a result we like. there's no forethought there's only reactionary changes. Well... I nixed all that. I took it out of the box of play and put it into the logic of "even teams"....

What i first did was this... I basically went into the madden 17 roster and looked at two attributes I've always looked at. Those attribute are Acceleration and Speed. I have a bit of an obsession with these attributes as some of you may know and I always find that in ANY game these two physical attributes never are calculated right for a player in-game. It's basically REALLY simple to understand too but maybe harder to pull of in actual game coding. 1)You have the players "speed" which to me has always meant their top speed and 2) "Acceleration" which means how fast they "get to" their "top speed". Easy Right? Well no...throw in other attributes like agility and that can make for an entirely different discussion , but I didn't focus on those as I was MUCH MORE concerned with what happens Down the Field.

So in looking at Speed and Acceleration I focused my thought process on separation of the two attributes. How much each players speed and acceleration were separated by. In sorting our both for ALL NFL players I noticed a pattern. Usual this separation was by NO MORE than 7 for players rated 80 and above. In general we are playing with those players rated 80 and above prob 80 % of the time with a few below 80 due to the fact that they don't get offensive boosts. Now...with that said. I found my number separation!

So having a separation averaged out to 7 is a good thing. First off players only go to 99 and odd numbers have always seemed to work in roster editing and slider sets so a number of 7 to me is always a good starting point. So what became obvious within the rosters separation of players above 80 became the number in which in start my slider set with. WITH ONE CATCH though...IT's set on EVEN TEAMS.

See this is the thing guys. Sliders...Its not just up and down reduce add. It's more than that. It's about the roster and it's attributes and how the slider set stunts or boosts it esp in Madden and also in my recent slider set for Fifa 17 which I tried making play like PEZ 17.

Tomba Madden 17 Slider Set
Version 0.6(60% complete)
Evens Teams On
Quarter Length 10 minutes
Play Clock On Acc.Clock On
Min. Play Clock Time 20 Seconds
Game Speed Slow
Auto Flip Def. Play Call Off
Ball carrier Special Move Manual
Def. Auto Strafe Off
Def. Ball Hawk Off
Def. Heat Seeker Assist Off
Def. Switch assist Off
Coach Mode On
Injuries 36
Fatigue 43
Player Speed Parity Scale 57

Player/CPU Skill
QB Acc. 36/43
Pass Blocking 36/43
WR Catching 50/43
Run Blocking 57/43
Fumbles 36/43
Reaction Time 50/43
Interceptions 36/43
Pass Coverage 57/43
Tackling 57/43

FG Power 50/50
FG Acc. 50/50
Punt Power 50/50
Punt Acc. 50/50
KickOff power 43/50

cameras Set to Standard.
I'll be tweaking this set in the coming weeks but this serves as a base and is about 60% complete. I still need to do penalty sliders and tweak a few things thanks to the newest patches and tuners that have been put out.

Stats wise these are on POINT. I get GREAT gameplay percentages even when simming, but of course player skill dictates many of these outcomes as well.

Tomba
Real interesting. Would I be correct in assuming you are playing on ALLPRO level?
Old 10-04-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Real interesting. Would I be correct in assuming you are playing on ALLPRO level?
I have updated the thread These are for Pro Difficulty.

The pro difficulty along with slider adjustments really play well off the in game roster updates.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

Sound interesting , curious is the CPU run ( blocking) game effective with it set Lower than the user

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Slider Set for CPU and Player are now live on Xbox Live.

gamertag :
tombaonline

keyword:
tomba
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
Sound interesting , curious is the CPU run ( blocking) game effective with it set Lower than the user

Due to Pro difficulty and Even teams set up it is
Old 10-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Updated Slider Set to Version 0.7 (70% complete now)
Below are the KEY changes:

Player/CPU Skill
QB Acc. 36/43Pass Blocking 43/43(Version 0.7 change)
WR Catching 57/43(Version 0.7 change)
Pass Coverage 57/3(Version 0.7 change)
FG Power 57/50(Version 0.7 change)

Tomba

Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #8
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

Any good game stat with this I haven't tried it yet but will

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »