Home

JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Nice manifesto. You answered my question regarding if you take EA Access impressions into consideration. Patches will change things and help address issues. Best to just wait for Day 1.

It does sound like we are going to have that old Madden issue of not enough defensive and a bundle of YPG. I'm sure this will be fixed by a setting change here and there. I am really hoping auto subbing will be better this year. I enjoyed your final 17 settings but the lack of RB subbing took away from my experience.

Close to default keeps things really clean and tight. I am a believer in this theory. I look forward to your many BREAKTHROUGH MOMENTS this year..lol

This was easily and quickly solved by creating the coach for your opponent and setting up their formation subs with the other RB’s on the roster. After you retire the coach those changes (as well as scheme changes per Josh and doing the game planning for the CPU) stuck. You just had the annoying so and so coach has retired.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #34
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This was easily and quickly solved by creating the coach for your opponent and setting up their formation subs with the other RB’s on the roster. After you retire the coach those changes (as well as scheme changes per Josh and doing the game planning for the CPU) stuck. You just had the annoying so and so coach has retired.
I realize changing all the formation subs would help, I was just talking about not having to go through all that to get a few subs. In other words getting the 80/60 50/49 to work on default.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #35
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

For those that don't know auto subs are set to 80/60 on default in the main menu and CFM.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #36
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Josh i used your sliders last year for Coach Mode and they played great. Coach Mode is still user vs cpu, it's just we don't control any players. In fact it goes more along with your house "sim" rules cause we aren't doing any hot routes, moving around ourselves or anything. Great thread man.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
I realize changing all the formation subs would help, I was just talking about not having to go through all that to get a few subs. In other words getting the 80/60 50/49 to work on default.
That would be wonderful. I am with you.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I already have a few ideas to test-out to resolve the sack and QB AI issues once GOAT drops Monday evening (for me...9pm PDT).

If you can resolve THIS particular issue, then you my friend WILL BE the GOAT! Looking forward to your thoughts on this once you get your retail copy.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #39
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
For those that don't know auto subs are set to 80/60 on default in the main menu and CFM.
Guys...yes, this is true! This has been jacked since CFM was first introduced in Madden 13. But default autosubs are now 60/80 in CFM...meaning, EA is tweaking the default gameplay to this setting. With a default fatigue, this is high enough to see some solid rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Josh i used your sliders last year for Coach Mode and they played great. Coach Mode is still user vs cpu, it's just we don't control any players. In fact it goes more along with your house "sim" rules cause we aren't doing any hot routes, moving around ourselves or anything. Great thread man.
Yeah, they SHOULD work well for coach mode; but I don't play coach mode as I personally find it a bit boring. Nonetheless, I can't "officially" support a play style I don't actually play.

CPUvCPU....that has always been historically something a bit different and I don't fully understand why....and I have even less desire to study this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
If you can resolve THIS particular issue, then you my friend WILL BE the GOAT! Looking forward to your thoughts on this once you get your retail copy.
No pressure, right?

I got to say though, on Mill's streams (and to say it again....played using the Day 1 patch...not the EA Access version), I just haven't seen a lot of wonky QB AI....but that's also in a limited sample size. The one thing I haven't loved is that age-old tendency of the CPU not attacking those intermediate routes (which tells me that the QB AI speed and animation speeds are not quite in-sync in CFM...another symptom being that 'statue QB' effect). Assuming similar functionality to past games, some combination of gameplay assists and adjustments to the game speeds (MM and CFM) could help clean it up quite a bit.

I also suspect that the gameplay training workaround I introduced late in the M17 cycle will also be needed for M18 (i.e. setting the user and CPU gameplans to "Red Zone Offense" and "Red Zone Defense") to encourage more robust use of their playbooks.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #40
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I already have a few ideas to test-out to resolve the sack and QB AI issues once GOAT drops Monday evening (for me...9pm PDT).
Brainstorming here.....

1. Patch will help with SOME of the AI QB issues and high completion %.
2. Accelerated clock is below 20 seconds.
3. Playbooks & gameplanning. Could be a slight variation from 17. Need to experiment to see what brings the QB to life.

I haven't played the game yet either but I can't wait!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »