Home

CPU vs CPU sliders

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 03:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU sliders

I'm working on some now

Please share yours and we can hopefully get some realistic sliders!

So far the changes I've made are:
25 - QB accuracy
20 - Pass Blocking
40 - WR Catching
40 - Pass Defense
60 - Tackling

Quote:
My settings:
-Simulation mode (obviously)
-All-Pro Mode
-Normal speed
-15 minute quarters
-No accelerated clock (to get as much playing time as possible)
-Default sliders and other settings
Simulation is run by going to supersim and selecting sim to the end with slow speed

Some things I've noticed:
I've only played one game so far so this may change but I wanted to make notes of what I've seen.

-The running game feels overpowered.
-All RB's averaged more than 4 yards a carry in my first game (year 2 preseason week 1: CLE vs PHI, Cleveland rebuild franchise). Midway through the 3rd quarter, the total has been 209 yards on 38 carries or 5.5 yds avg.
-Powerbacks are outperforming speed backs. Legarrette Blount has had a monster game, 13 for 76 (5.8 avg) with a whopping 41 yards after contact. Jamaal Charles (who I edited to have 96 spd, 95 agi, 97 acc, 95 elu, and 99 BCV) went 7 for 41 (4.1) with only 10 yards after contact.

-The QB holds onto the ball too long, leading to more sacks. There have been 12.5 sacks in what translates to about 3 quarters of real playtime. That's WAY too many.

I'm going to work on some sliders, will update this post. In regards to the sliders, "RB ability" is gone. Was that gone from 17 as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: CPU vs CPU sliders

I am excited to see what you come up with. I unfortunately don't have 18 yet and won't until the end of the month so I can't help you test yet. I am however a big fan of CPU vs CPU because I suck at playing it and I feel like adding my human element makes the game unrealistic. From some of the things I have been seeing in reviews and the forums it sounds like the CPU QB doesn't seem to be as pocket aware as they should be so that might be something that you would need to compensate for in the sliders. I have also heard that injuries are too frequent in the base sliders.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
Just started!

One other thing I just thought of is that you might need to use some form of the accelerated clock eventually. With past versions of Madden you would find that without the accelerated clock the CPU will snap the ball with 20 seconds or more left on the play-clock most times leading to an unrealistic number of plays. In the NFL last year the average amount of plays each team ran was around 63-64 plays per game.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

i actually do it with default sliders 9 min with no accel clock it was the best feel last year to me and so far it has a good feel to me
Old 08-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

I usually play this way as well, but haven't had a Madden game in years. Does it have a "Coach only mode" where you call the plays and the CPU runs them, including kicking/punting? (Similar to NHL 17)

And would these sliders work for that mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I usually play this way as well, but haven't had a Madden game in years. Does it have a "Coach only mode" where you call the plays and the CPU runs them, including kicking/punting? (Similar to NHL 17)

And would these sliders work for that mode?

There is Coach Mode..however u still have to kick and punt..the way around that is to super sim punts and kicks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #7
MVP

orye74's Arena

How do we do cpu vs cpu in madden 18. Refresh me.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Bump QB ACC higher. Start playing with it at 60. Knocking it down makes them dumber. This has more to do with Awareness than accuracy. Always has. If he's more aware, he'll take more chances down field, scramble, and be more human. Started noticing this on NCAA 14. Same with madden last year. Key is, to get defensive players to cover better and more push by front seven.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »