Home

Is MUT not popular on here?

This is a discussion on Is MUT not popular on here? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is MUT not popular on here?

So I play a lot of MUT these days but I've noticed most people on here play franchise. Nobody seems to post in this section anymore. What gives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Is MUT not popular on here?

What follows is a rant designed to sound like the typical complain about MUT on this forum. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the poster in question (yours truly):
MUT players destroy the game, that's what gives. They don't like sim things like players dropping balls or tackles getting beat in pass rush, or inaccurate passes by crap tier QBs. Furthermore, the dev team spends all their time creating ways to get more money from MUT suckers instead of turning Madden into an NFL simulation. As long as MUT is bringing in big dough to EA, Madden is never going to be a full NFL simulation. Gasp. Sigh. Despair.
That should sum things up for you.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew
So I play a lot of MUT these days but I've noticed most people on here play franchise. Nobody seems to post in this section anymore. What gives?
From what I've noticed most of the hardcore MUT players use Muthead and their forums

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2017, 02:48 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
What follows is a rant designed to sound like the typical complain about MUT on this forum. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the poster in question (yours truly):
MUT players destroy the game, that's what gives. They don't like sim things like players dropping balls or tackles getting beat in pass rush, or inaccurate passes by crap tier QBs. Furthermore, the dev team spends all their time creating ways to get more money from MUT suckers instead of turning Madden into an NFL simulation. As long as MUT is bringing in big dough to EA, Madden is never going to be a full NFL simulation. Gasp. Sigh. Despair.
That should sum things up for you.
You're not wrong. I got into MUT very heavily this year, yet insisted on trying to maintain a sim style of play. What winds up happening is that despite my best efforts, when playing head to head online, I'm forced to do non-sim things to remain competitive.

I still punt on most 4th downs when appropriate, or kick FGs when in range. But I've found myself going further and further into non-sim mode when I try to hang with guys who run the same 5 plays all game. It sucks, but remains a fun challenge, all at the same time.

With that being said, if I found a good online league to play in for Madden 18, it might be enough to nudge me back away from Ultimate Team.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
Madden Ultimate Team Hero

fredropro's Arena

OVR: 9

I still play..... Hopefully they send out the #FedExDeliversMadden again this year.... We should know by this time next week

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman33462
From what I've noticed most of the hardcore MUT players use Muthead and their forums

I lurk their site some, but it's not all that great. I wish some of the more mature guys at OS would give MUT a fair chance and turn this into a great place to talk MUT.

For me, I sit down to game to have fun, and MUT removes the grind and provides a greatly to get bite sized chunks of gameplay that are fun, and you feel like you accomplished something. Sometimes that is 29 or 30 minutes working the auction house, sometimes that is knocking out a few solo challenges, and sometimes it is playing a few games of MUT SC or DC.

Then again, MUT can be brutal, especially online. This is not a mode where you get to tweak sliders so that you can pretend you are good. They don't get that the short quarters are damn perfect for online play, and that clock management is even more important than in their long games. Or that they should view the game more as playing the second half of a close game, with lots of time outs. It may be 4 minute quarters, but there are still 12 time outs, two end of quarters, two 2 minute warnings, and half time reset.

That's not sim, but it is really important to understand that you have more time than you think. Scoring last in the first half can be game changing, so managing your time is as important as execution. All the while, mixing pass and run and playing tough defense wins games. And you get to it with a team you built from the ground up, all the while tweaking the lineup and playbook.

Yeah, MUT doesn't get enough love here at OS. It seems many would rather rage against the machine that actually just play and enjoy the game as it is.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
I lurk their site some, but it's not all that great. I wish some of the more mature guys at OS would give MUT a fair chance and turn this into a great place to talk MUT.

For me, I sit down to game to have fun, and MUT removes the grind and provides a greatly to get bite sized chunks of gameplay that are fun, and you feel like you accomplished something. Sometimes that is 29 or 30 minutes working the auction house, sometimes that is knocking out a few solo challenges, and sometimes it is playing a few games of MUT SC or DC.

Then again, MUT can be brutal, especially online. This is not a mode where you get to tweak sliders so that you can pretend you are good. They don't get that the short quarters are damn perfect for online play, and that clock management is even more important than in their long games. Or that they should view the game more as playing the second half of a close game, with lots of time outs. It may be 4 minute quarters, but there are still 12 time outs, two end of quarters, two 2 minute warnings, and half time reset.

That's not sim, but it is really important to understand that you have more time than you think. Scoring last in the first half can be game changing, so managing your time is as important as execution. All the while, mixing pass and run and playing tough defense wins games. And you get to it with a team you built from the ground up, all the while tweaking the lineup and playbook.

Yeah, MUT doesn't get enough love here at OS. It seems many would rather rage against the machine that actually just play and enjoy the game as it is.
I can't get into the H2H aspect of MUT. That part is just too full of cheesers and glitchers for me to enjoy. The rest of it I love though

Old 08-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #8
Banned

What part of H2H do you play? The regular MUT is pretty much a mess. But I find MUT SC to be pretty darn good, although I still lose a lot. Draft Champions is really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »