Home

VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

This is a discussion on VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #73
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

I know some people are taking this admission of turning Madden game play into a complete NFL simulation taking a long time as an indictment of the talent of the dev team but I disagree. I think it's due to the systemic issues involved with developing Madden and this is the only way this team can accomplish it. I would never defend the Madden product because it clearly is what it is and speaks for itself but I don't blame these devs for seeming to do the best they can with what they have to work with.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I know some people are taking this admission of turning Madden game play into a complete NFL simulation taking a long time as an indictment of the talent of the dev team but I disagree. I think it's due to the systemic issues involved with developing Madden and this is the only way this team can accomplish it. I would never defend the Madden product because it clearly is what it is and speaks for itself but I don't blame these devs for seeming to do the best they can with what they have to work with.
Lets be real. Trying hard and failing is still failure. Im not about to pay $65 and hand out orange slices and participation trophies for a good effort.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #75
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptheARSEnal
Lets be real. Trying hard and failing is still failure. Im not about to pay $65 and hand out orange slices and participation trophies for a good effort.
lol, I feel you and I'm not implying that anyone do so, heck I already stated I don't attend to buy Madden during this rebuilding. My point was that I believe given the history of the game and what info has been gleaned over the years about its' developmental challenges, this approach the current dev team is espousing is likely the only way to make Madden game play NFL realistic, under the circumstances.

If other studios are allowed to make NFL games in the near future, even though I wish this team all the best, I couldn't care less about Madden. However, if Madden is still the only NFL game about 4 years from now, I really hope this all pans out. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #76
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

When asked about WR/DB interaction he basically said its too hard to do and didn't mention it was in future plans. He tried to be slick about it and talk about the player sense feature.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #77
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Well it looks like I probably won't be picking Madden up on the 15th.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
lol, I feel you and I'm not implying that anyone do so, heck I already stated I don't attend to buy Madden during this rebuilding. My point was that I believe given the history of the game and what info has been gleaned over the years about its' developmental challenges, this approach the current dev team is espousing is likely the only way to make Madden game play NFL realistic, under the circumstances.

If other studios are allowed to make NFL games in the near future, even though I wish this team all the best, I couldn't care less about Madden. However, if Madden is still the only NFL game about 4 years from now, I really hope this all pans out. lol
That is fair. I diddnt recall your previous posts. We all want a decent representation of the NFL. I diddnt mean to single you out, but it seems like a decent amount of people are willing to settle for effort.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #79
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I seriously don't understand how people can compare the movement of 10 people on a court to 22 players with different positions. They're apples and oranges. NBA 2k is in a much better place than Madden because they have had what 8 years of quality work before now? Madden has been in a bad spot for years due to the crappy foundation it was built on. The game is finally getting the overhaul it desperately needs so badly and people think it can be done in a year.:0
Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #80
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Well it looks like I probably won't be picking Madden up on the 15th.
They're sure making it hard to purchase. Getting so sick of hearing things they're going to do, but never do. Sounds like it might take 5-6 more years before we get something that resembles real football. That's if theres no major changes within the team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »