Home

VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

This is a discussion on VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Preaching to the choir my man. It is what it is, I'm just not their target audience.

But at least they are focusing on the fundamentals in Madden 25. Maybe when I'm 60 they will have penalties in the game.
I take it you're 27 right now? Because it seems it's gonna be long before they get ish right.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #34
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
Thanks, I'm just baffled that a 2+ man tackle is not considered fundamental/ core gameplay for the game of football. it's as common as a handoff to a running back, doesn't happen every play but pretty often throughout the corse of a game. I agree I think it's not a effort thing from the developers but an ability thing. So why be so offended when comparisons are made ?! Keeping it real and being straight forward is not only being honest about the things you choose to be straight up about, but being straight up overall that's what builds credibility.
It really should be unacceptable that true gang tackling is not in Madden by now especially for next gen! These guys are basically building the game from scratch starting with game-play. They should have had a small team of engineers workin on next-gen Madden like 3-4 years ago, now instead of the first next-gen title addressing all the legacy gameplay issues we have to wait years for them to get each aspect of gameplay right! In the SIM Perspective interview the word fix, as in fix this game was used quite a bit, that says a lot. It really sucks that they have no comp!

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 10-25-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
It really should be unacceptable that true gang tackling is not in Madden by now especially for next gen! These guys are basically building the game from scratch starting with game-play. They should have had a small team of engineers workin on next-gen Madden like 3-4 years ago, now instead of the first next-gen title addressing all the legacy gameplay issues we have to wait years for them to get each aspect of gameplay right! In the SIM Perspective interview the word fix, as in fix this game was used quite a bit, that says a lot. It really sucks that they have no comp!
They are doing it right, working on all of the fundamentals first. What is the point in having crappy gang tackling this year or the next then having to redo it in a few years? We don't have realistic 1 to 1 tackles yet, so why not work on those first, and then work on multiple player tackles?

People don't want to wait, but the alternative is half way doing things and that is what got us to where we are today. I really don't think people know or understand what they want sometimes. Previous sports games had great foundational fundamentals at the core, so they could add all of these other things to it. Madden doesn't have a great foundation and that is why it's going to take some time.

If there was competition right now we would have to wait for them to build their game too. The bottom line is no matter what it's going to take time and Madden getting it right is the quickest and IMO best option. There may be another football game made if the license ends next Spring, but the earliest they would have a game ready is 2-3 years from now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm assuming there is still some issues with the audio?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks, I think? How long have we been asking for this, I ask on a yearly basis and every opportunity in between.

Ish.................
LOL - you have to laugh at this point. Imagine NBA 2k with no fouls being called. I find it ridiculous.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #38
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Ah, I should've read the date...
Old 10-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #39
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5
VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They are doing it right, working on all of the fundamentals first. What is the point in having crappy gang tackling this year or the next then having to redo it in a few years? We don't have realistic 1 to 1 tackles yet, so why not work on those first, and then work on multiple player tackles?

People don't want to wait, but the alternative is half way doing things and that is what got us to where we are today. I really don't think people know or understand what they want sometimes. Previous sports games had great foundational fundamentals at the core, so they could add all of these other things to it. Madden doesn't have a great foundation and that is why it's going to take some time.

If there was competition right now we would have to wait for them to build their game too. The bottom line is no matter what it's going to take time and Madden getting it right is the quickest and IMO best option. There may be another football game made if the license ends next Spring, but the earliest they would have a game ready is 2-3 years from now.
jp i think your a good guy, but i don't care who the current developer is, because its all under the EA umbrella. so whoever is developing the game is responsible. How much longer do we wait for basic fundamental issues and general football items to be implemented into the game. We always hear coach speak and nothing changes its always next year. people keep comparing the basketball to madden because has their gameplay changed much from current gen to next gen? no but their brand of gameplay is considered to be one of the best and they have blown us away with graphics. Madden hasn't done either. bad gameplay on current gen is being port to next gen and the graphics on next gen are not very impressive. I will give madden a chance, im just tired of the lame excuses.

Last edited by radatdude2; 10-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #40
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

It's up now I'll be posting cliff notes soon.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »