Home

Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing Madden 25 Next Gen
Yes, I feel better now after playing it 65 59.09%
It hasn't changed, I need to see more 21 19.09%
I have less hope now 24 21.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85

But the game is fun if you wanna play exhibitions and MUT. That's about it.
Or maybe a season, perhaps, if you don't like franchise mode?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I played the heck out of current-gen, picked up Madden for the PS4 and absolutely LOVE it. The True Step engine really makes a difference, you guys will have to feel it to see what I'm talking about.

You can still run the ball effectively, but it's not cheesy like it was on current-gen. You cannot stop on a dime and change direction without losing momentum. The zone defense is also much improved. I'm more of an online ranked match guy(no cheese tho) and after a few ranked matches I've seen the zone defenders make tons of plays out of their zones.

One bad thing I've saw tho was when I played against the CPU. I was throwing curls repeatedly vs their man defense and the defender did not adjust. It was on All-star difficulty so maybe that played a factor. But it does look like zone defense is much more effective than man defense on next gen.

Loving the game so far.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #19
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

The game is good...damn good.

A lot of people around here have simply dug themselves too far into their negative stance to accept or admit it.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 7

Its not good enough. Its too similar to current gen in look and feel. I kind of what something completely revamped and I hate when people claim I or others are negative for saying that. That's like saying we should all drive station wagons because they might be good cars. God Forbid you might want something newer with more features.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Its not good enough. Its too similar to current gen in look and feel. I kind of what something completely revamped and I hate when people claim I or others are negative for saying that. That's like saying we should all drive station wagons because they might be good cars. God Forbid you might want something newer with more features.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
People have a right to express their opinions, positive or negative. No one should question why or why not.

I'm just surprised that most of the impressions in the impression thread are leaning in the positive direction and can't wait to get a PS4 and try it out myself.

I feel and I was one of them, based on what EA showed and didn't show, expected the worse and most people seem surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #22
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

My thoughts haven't changed. I've been happy with Madden for the most part. Madden 06 for 360 was the only one I hated.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #23
Rookie

mk20051's Arena

OVR: 1

EA should be ashamed of themselves. People are accepting NG Madden and mostly because it has no competition. If you want to see the laziness of EA, play NBA Live 04, then play NBA 2K14 NG. It looks like they were made on 2 different systems. You will realize the possibilities of next gen football from 2K when you see this. EA has had exclusive rights to the NFL long enough. They are ruining video game football and they will only get better if 2K pushes them. They just take everyone's money year after year.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk20051
EA should be ashamed of themselves. People are accepting NG Madden and mostly because it has no competition. If you want to see the laziness of EA, play NBA Live 04, then play NBA 2K14 NG. It looks like they were made on 2 different systems. You will realize the possibilities of next gen football from 2K when you see this. EA has had exclusive rights to the NFL long enough. They are ruining video game football and they will only get better if 2K pushes them. They just take everyone's money year after year.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Have you played it or are you just against the idea that maybe the game actually has improved?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »