Home

Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing Madden 25 Next Gen
Yes, I feel better now after playing it 65 59.09%
It hasn't changed, I need to see more 21 19.09%
I have less hope now 24 21.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

Yes! I am really enjoying 25. The only issues are the INT's and the legacy penalty issues. Other than that, this game is much more solid than CG and I am hopeful that it will translate to even more improved future versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Have you played it or are you just against the idea that maybe the game actually has improved?
He may be against the idea that the game did not improve more (that he thought it should have improved more). I've seen some very well written impressions in the impressions thread that seem to share this. I also think it should have made a much larger stride, especially in the franchise area that didn't seem to be touched. I don't see anywhere in his post where he states the game did not improve from CG. He does sound discouraged and frustrated.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
He may be against the idea that the game did not improve more (that he thought it should have improved more). I've seen some very well written impressions in the impressions thread that seem to share this. I also think it should have made a much larger stride, especially in the franchise area that didn't seem to be touched. I don't see anywhere in his post where he states the game did not improve from CG. He does sound discouraged and frustrated.
Hey may feel that way but what he said was people are accepting it because it's the only game available. I disagree and feel like people are accepting it because they actually like the way the game plays, yes it has a lot of room to improve and if it doesn't it should be highly criticized next year.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Hey may feel that way but what he said was people are accepting it because it's the only game available. I disagree and feel like people are accepting it because they actually like the way the game plays, yes it has a lot of room to improve and if it doesn't it should be highly criticized next year.
He said mostly. And there is some truth to that. And there is truth to you saying many people like it. You say highly criticized next year. I think it should have been much more criticized during most of the PS3/360 years. I myself would like to see 2k making an NFL game and I've never even touched NFL2k. I would like more than one choice, which means I also want EA to keep making an NFL game. I'd like to see Sony make an NFL game. I guy can dream.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I guarantee you there are ALOT of people that buy it because it's the only game around. Imagine seeing a football game with the gameplay and graphics of a NBA 2k14 or a MLB The Show. While they are finally making improvements it just seems small in comparison to whats going on around them. Will have to just wait and see, and hope to god that the license doesn't get renewed.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Hey may feel that way but what he said was people are accepting it because it's the only game available. I disagree
Really? you disagree?...show me another NFL football game that's available...I'll wait.

I'm sure the game has improved,but when you see various comments about the issues that Madden has...then it's usually followed by "but I'm still buying,because I need my fix" what does that tell you?

They are accepting it because it's the only NFL game available,and folks need their "fix".
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Really? you disagree?...show me another NFL football game that's available...I'll wait.

I'm sure the game has improved,but when you see various comments about the issues that Madden has...then it's usually followed by "but I'm still buying,because I need my fix" what does that tell you?

They are accepting it because it's the only NFL game available,and folks need their "fix".
Actually, CP, based on the impressions I've been reading here and elsewhere, it's true, before SOME people bought the game, they needed a football game, but, after playing the game, they've have noticed the improvements.

So, what may have been true before the purchase, after playing the game, the only football game in town is not the reason anymore for people happy with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower

I wasn't saying I disagree with that, I know some people are just getting their fix of the NFL. What I completely disagree with, is that the game won't improve until competition comes. The game has been improving the last two years without competition. Competition would further drive the devs, but trust me they are pretty driven right now and are pushing hard for a sim game of football. The improvements made from Madden 13 to Madden 25 next gen are the most we've seen in 10 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »