Home

Next gen CFM, who you rolling with?

This is a discussion on Next gen CFM, who you rolling with? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #41
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Next gen CFM, who you rolling with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
Went with my Giants!

We're 2-3 (2-0), Im extremely inconsistent on offense! Redskins lead the division so far. Lost against the Broncos in a heartbreaker.

What qtr length do you guys use?
I use 15 min quarters, but with accelerated play clock down to 12 seconds, and the games usually last in total for a little over an hour. Gives me realistic amount of plays and helps me keep pace on offense and defense with the rest of the league's team stats.

I used to play much shorter like 7 minute quarters, but then my offense yards would be super low relative to the rest of the league, and similarly my defense allowed yards would be very low, which was just a stupid result. It's huge IMO that with next gen we can stop and then later resume a game in progress at any time.

Last edited by stp2081; 12-20-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 11

Man this just doesn't seem to be our year haha

2-5 (2-1) just lost a squeaker to PHI( I hate PHI). Lost Cruz for 7wks (just came back from injury from preseason!) and Mannig for 3wks. My backup is Carr....

Gonna be a rough 3wks. Playoffs are looking like a no go!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #43
Pro

Decisions, decisions!

So Manning was hurt for 3wks, Carr was his back up. 1st qtr Carr goes down with an abdominal tear. Nassib is the next man up! To my surprise we won the next 3 games with Nassib at the helm! Bringing us to 5-5 on the year.

Manning got healthy and we just lost his 1st game back! Being that PHI is 8-2, and the Wild Card is almost guaranteed to come out of the NFC West or North I was thinking about benching Manning for the remainder of the year and really seeing what Nassib could do.

The offense felt stiff with Eli back, with Nassib we were able to march up & down the field. In the 3 games Eli was out Nassib went for 895 yards 9 TDs 0 INTs.

Eli numbers are 1899 yards 12 TDs 6 INTs

Decisions, decisions...
Old 12-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #44
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Rolling with the Chargers. Going young and gonna try to build through the draft. I try to limit trades because they are just to easy. Currently 1-4 (yikes). Phil has thrown 22 Ints in 5 games lol. Might need to tone that down. CPU has sticky fingers.

I did break the record for receptions in a game with Gates. Was getting killed by the Titans and realized at the start of the 4th Gates had 17 rec. Wasn't gonna win so I went for the record. Ended up with 22. That was cool.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

If I do ever decide to get Madden, I'll probably roll with some random team that has intriguing players like Tampa (Doug Martin, Mark Barron, Gerald McCoy, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #46
Pro

1st season in the books. We went 7-9

Had a decent draft, concentrated on the OLine.

Coughlin retired, i hired some no name young coach. I really wanna trade Eli and clean house but I cant bring myself to trade him. 2 Superbowls?, I cant just let him go but the offense runs SO much smoother with Nassib running the show.

David Wilson is coming into his own, I really want a run heavy team
. But currently we're still a westcoast offense.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #47
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
1st season in the books. We went 7-9

Had a decent draft, concentrated on the OLine.

Coughlin retired, i hired some no name young coach. I really wanna trade Eli and clean house but I cant bring myself to trade him. 2 Superbowls?, I cant just let him go but the offense runs SO much smoother with Nassib running the show.

David Wilson is coming into his own, I really want a run heavy team
. But currently we're still a westcoast offense.
Wow, if you're doing better with Nassib than Eli I would trade Eli under the Montana/Farve/Peyton logic.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp2081
Wow, if you're doing better with Nassib than Eli I would trade Eli under the Montana/Farve/Peyton logic.
Yea Nassib for some reason seems to be more mobile and elusive in the pocket. Eli is a statue!

I would like to run a 2 tight end power run, pass when necessary type of offense. But right now I just dont have the pieces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »