Home

Experience points versus Potential

This is a discussion on Experience points versus Potential within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #9
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Experience points versus Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
potential
natural progression
coaching of player
statistics

in that order. derek anderson had a great 2007, where is he?
Care to elaborate on this. In my opinion, I think potential is actually in the current system, in a backwards way, because some players come in with good ratings, except for awareness. They have between 40-60 awareness that drops overalls to 60s and 70s. Other guys have high awareness but low ratings putting them in the 60s and 70s.

What do you mean by natural progression?

What do you mean by coaching a player?

How big of an impact should statistics have?

Also, to the point of the C potential player, the majority of NFL players should be C potential and between the ratings of 70-83. 83-88 should be the majority of starters, and above that should be less than 5% of all rostered players.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 01-02-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I real life your potential is what you can be physically capable of doing, more athletic=more potential. No place for some limiter that says you can't get better at something. You can have different learning curves and work ethic to determine who realizes their potential and who flames out as another workout warrior who can't play.

I hate it that, for the most part, only the higher rated players are the good athletes; for the draft classes anyway. There should be just as many great athletes available late in the draft as early, but that is another thread.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #11
Rookie

bodabengal's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the system the way it is....though I wish it was more challenging. 3 seasons in And the Bengals are a pro bowl team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sorry if i repeat, but I didnt feel like reading the whole thread.

I wish Madden did something like 2K did in MLB. A player has their potential, but can reach or exceed their potential depending on how well they do. For example, if a player hit more homeruns than expected, they gained a 1 or 2 point boost to their power stat (Most power hitters can get +4 when young, but if you have a good year, you can get up to +7 and +8). But lets say the same player had a low batting average. Then, his contact stat progression slowed down or regressed.

But in total, a 4star (B player) could have a bad career and end up being only 70 overall, or he could exceed expectations and be a 92 or something (They cant reach upper 90's). So, the players have limits but they arent predetermined. In my experience, its the best of both worlds. Also, cause XP in Madden was implented bad so that a person who in RL could never fix a bad stat could get it fixed cause if ur tackling is a 30, it only cost 300xp per.

Basically, the potential is truly a person's potential. They can exceed, meet, or not meet their potential and that happens to everybody. It also stops the 60overall qb from becomming 99overall by the end of his career.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #13
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjneff
I real life your potential is what you can be physically capable of doing, more athletic=more potential. No place for some limiter that says you can't get better at something. You can have different learning curves and work ethic to determine who realizes their potential and who flames out as another workout warrior who can't play.

I hate it that, for the most part, only the higher rated players are the good athletes; for the draft classes anyway. There should be just as many great athletes available late in the draft as early, but that is another thread.
I agree with this as well. Like I said, potential in Madden right now seems to be based on awareness and physical ratings. Everything else is just a money sink.

The current system is just terribly designed and completely unbalanced. I doubt anything will change because the good folks at EA Tiburon care not for balance.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »