Home

Madden 15 feature voting (EA's website)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 feature voting (EA's website) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 feature voting (EA's website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Isn't it a given that the GC program is nothing more than a dog & pony show meant to generate hype among the hardcore fans? That's the core reason. Not to improve the game.
Yes, sir. Yes, sir. And they fly out the most outspoken people in these communities and offer them a job no matter how unqualified they might be to even be working in the gaming industry. What's worse is that a lot of vocal communities were ruined due to EA's infiltration into them. That said, a few of the earlier people involved in the whole CD/GC thing were smart and quickly caught on to that obvious scam and publicly disassociated themselves with EA. I was proud of those few people. They stood up and told the truth about what the deal really is, unconcerned with losing the little perk they were getting.

Thing is, this whole program didn't work for EA in the end with Madden, because Madden 25 is now bombing big time, heading for its lowest sales total since Madden 08 on PS3/360, and this is while having the game available on all 4 major consoles.

When it's all said and done, even the best laid scams can only last for so long, and no one is buying this one anymore. Literally. They don't need to fly people down, they don't even need new suggestions really. They have wishlists dating back as far as 2005 with which they've done almost none of those things yet, many of them being rather basic. If they need a place to begin those would be a great starting point instead of trying to passively pacify all of their vocal critics.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Is there a "Cancel the game and hand the license to a decent company who actually cares about making a quality title" option?

Since there isn't, at least vote for this idea of revamped presentation and player movement .
And that would require a whole new game, which is needed, but since they decided to go it again with the same stock from last generation that possibility is out the window.

I just don't think I can ever forgive them for the fake trailers they showed last year. It was Madden 06 all over again in that regard, and the fact that they were willing to pull that same shenanigan again is the perfect example of how they have zero respect whatsoever for their fanbase. You just don't do that kind of nonsense and act like it's okay. The fall is always hard when you do.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Tired of trying to have a voice and not being heard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

It doesn't really matter. Even if they really WANTED to do a lot of this stuff, they've proven that they can't. Like RateSports once said, it's the same reason why Tiger Woods can hit a golf ball way better than you can.

What bothers me even more is the fact that they even NEED to have other folks tell them what to do. You're making a football game that is supposed to replicate the NFL. The design is already done for you. When you don't even have an injury system that replicates the NFL, incorrect penalties/rules, no waiver wire or proper contract management, no practice squads, incorrect tiebreaker algorithm for playoffs, etc. etc.

What's funny about the last one is I even asked Looman if Madden used the actual tiebreaker rules and he responded, "Yes Sir!". Right. Season 2 we had a situation where we needed tie breakers to work right and of course they didn't. Once again, talent wins and Tiburon has close to none.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #13
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Those voting options are over a year old. I doubt this makes any difference in Madden 15.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #14
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

It's interesting to see what is (or was) high on everyone's list. A couple on the first page surprised me as things that would be among the highest to get votes.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Is there a "Cancel the game and hand the license to a decent company who actually cares about making a quality title" option?

Since there isn't, at least vote for this idea of revamped presentation and player movement .
Unfortunately I'm not sure that company exists. The other company that shall not be named is currently providing a case study in the most epic game release fail of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Unfortunately I'm not sure that company exists. The other company that shall not be named is currently providing a case study in the most epic game release fail of all time.
I'm not talking about EA with NBA Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »