Home

[COMING SOON] JRT's Madden 16 Franchise Tool

This is a discussion on [COMING SOON] JRT's Madden 16 Franchise Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Exclamation ::COMING SOON:: JRT2006's Madden 2016 Scouting and Roster Tool

Returning in 2016…..
JRT2006’s Madden Scouting and Roster Management Tool!

For those of you who enjoyed using the 2015 version through the excel program, I am more than pleased to announce that 2016’s version is currently in production. This year; the tool will be a lot more user friendly, a lot more decorative, and a lot more in-depth! Using Microsoft Access I have already started to develop the tool and expect to have it released very soon after the release of Madden 2016.
If you do not have a Microsoft Office license, have no fear, the plan is to develop this tool as an executable file so those who do not have the capabilities can still use it!

Background:
Spoiler

Breakdown:
Spoiler

Step-by-Step Instructions
Spoiler

To Do List
Spoiler

Last edited by JRT2006; 05-13-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: [COMING SOON] JRT's Madden 16 Franchise Tool

This is fantastic work!
Look forward to seeing the end result.

I have also created my own franchise tool, but mine is a bit different since I like to control all 32 teams so it gets quite lengthy.

My main reason for creating the tool was to be able to draft "fairly" for each team, taking their needs/situation into consideration.

The main focus of my tool ends up being.... GM/Coach/Franchise personality... this becomes the main modifier for everything that happens in the tool. I use these traits to the determine things like how agressive teams are in trading or in FA.

The tool, requires quite a lot of imagination and patience... but it's worth it imo since it's probably the only way to keep a competitive franchise for 3+ years in CFM.

Funny enough, it makes my main wish for CFM in Madden 16 to be: let us be able to control all 32 teams without having to change to each coach/owner :/ That would be heaven!

Anyways, I work in market analysis so Excel is part of my daily activities... I'm no expert but got good knowledge of most functions, so in case you need a sparring partner for some ideas... let me know!

I might also share some more details on my CFM tool for '16 when it's more developed (waiting for more details).

Keep up the good work!

PS: Which modifier weighted values do you use for position priority in the draft?
I tend to use
1st priority........ 1.5
2nd.................. 1.4
3rd................... 1.3
4th................... 1.2
5th.................... 1.1
all others............. 1

This is not my only weighted value for draft priority, but interested to see how you weigh your positional needs.

Last edited by msdm27; 05-10-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

If youre speaking of my Value Pick, BPA, Slight Reach modifiers, I have them set to .9, 1, 1.03, and 1.07.

That combined with the round modifiers arranged the big board right where I think it should be.
Top of the board is composed of mainly 1st round prospects, unless there is a 2nd round player with extremely high value and/or a position Priority increase, like Immediate Starter.
Looking at the big board example i provided in the original post, you can see most of the 2nd round prospects fall under the 1st rounders, excepting being the RG which had a Position Priority increase.

i still want to tinker with the numbers though, i just want to get some user input first.

Like, if you needed an immediate starter for a position, how far of a reach is reasonable to fill a desperate need?
It would great if you could scout an enormous amount of prospects and get a big board filled with like 300+ people.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:38 AM   #4
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

One question that is really hindering further development:

1) What are your thoughts on how to evaluate current rosters?

I currently have is set up ALMOST the same way you scout prospects. You run through the same procedure of selecting the important skills for the position, only with roster management you aren't limited to the amount you select. I have 23 total skills selected for the WR position. Then you enter the skill rating in the details screen; 95, 93, 87, 75, etc. It then gives you a weighted average of that players skill ratings.

Do you see this as a fair way to evaluate rosters, even though the WR position may have 23 skills that pertain to the position and the OL positions may only have 13? I assume you would be evaluating rosters on a position-by-position basis, not as an entire roster together.

Let me know your thoughts and/or any suggestions on doing it another way?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I evaluate players position by position. So it shouldn't matter how many skills a certain position has compared to another. One thing I'm wondering about though, is if there would be a way to evaluate players with expiring contracts besides their true value to the team. I can never decide who i should resign and wonder if there would be something that could be added to help make a decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

That's what I thought, but there has to be some kind of rule for setting your importance.

For my WR position, which has 23 skills that pertain to it.
I'm looking for a quick, agile, route runner with good hands. I decided I would pick 8 high skills, 8 medium skills, and 7 low skills.

Using thay setup, Dwayne Bowe was valued higher for my position than Jeremy Maclin was.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is great! I am going to post some ideas and can even help you develop it if needed. Hopefully I have at least one idea that you like/helps you!

What program do you use?
Old 05-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

I'm using Microsoft access but plan to make it an executable file so users without access can still use it.

Are you pretty familiar with database development? Functions, Macros, and VBA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »