Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you?

This is a discussion on Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 11-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #9
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
Actually what I'm saying isn't that the CPU "knows" if it is a run or pass, they have chosen their play based on exactly what type of play it is; eg a Reverse, a Double Reverse, a Toss, etc. Its not just that the CPU knows if its a run, the AI knows exactly what kind of run it is AND it immediately reacts to the play the moment the ball is snapped as well.
I see. I'll be awaiting further results from you about Madden 15.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #10
Rookie

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1p
Easy fix when they r set up in 3-4 change play to pass and when in buckle change pass to run. I do that all the time
Sure there has always been ways around it, on PS2 I put TEs in my slot receiver positions in the depth chart so I could come out in a 4 wide formation pass play and then audible to an Ace Big run, but my whole thing is that we shouldn't have to do that.

They could easily write code to choose play calls based on either personnel packages or formations or even both, but instead they rely on code possibly from SNES or PS1 to just tell the AI the specific type of play called and how to react to it at the snap of the ball.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #11
Rookie

trey31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
I see. I'll be awaiting further results from you about Madden 15.
I'm going to see if I can swap pbo files between games like I did with the roster files on 12 and 25.

And I opened the Madden 15 Jets playbook, and sure enough I found the PLYT tag in the hex code. I haven't decrypted it yet, but its still there, just like every single other Madden game I've checked.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #12
MVP

JG80's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Thanks! Can you refresh my memory, do 360 files need to be opened in Horizon or something to decrypt them? Its been a while.

Yep, I use horizon. Modio can be used also but it isn't as stable IMO.

Sent from Nawlins.

NBA:MAVERICKS
Old 11-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #13
Rookie

trey31's Arena

Quote:
I'm going to see if I can swap pbo files between games like I did with the roster files on 12 and 25.
A straight swap most likely won't work. The code is, well, very different. But, the data could probably be analyzed to find similarities and play data could probably be extracted from or added to either, if one were so inclined. I'm afraid I'm not at this time, way too much other stuff going on.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:53 PM   #14
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

If true, this honestly does not surprise me.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:21 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I absolutely take your word for it with the specific testing you've done, but in regards to Madden 15 on the PS4, I'm almost certain the CPU selects their plays at random from the "suggestion" screen.

After every play you can see the play they selected vs the play you chose, and their plays are completely random. Example; on defense the CPU will have called a funky exotic zone blitz with DL dropping in coverage and CB's blitzing etc. vs my offensive play call of a deep passing concept which they subsequently get burned from. I've even seen the CPU call that renegade (?) play from a base defense where everyone blitzes bar the 2 CB's and 1 safety who play deep zones. That was called vs me at the goal line when I had a quick hitting pass play. They also regularly call QB spies and QB contain plays, even vs statue pocket QB's such as Manning and Brady. Makes no sense at all if they "know" your exact playcall.

Point being, their play calls are at random from the "suggestion" screen I'm 99% sure, as I routinely scroll through that to select my own plays some games, and I find a lot of the calls are really bad, and low and behold when you see the CPU's playcall, a lot of them look very familiar. Whilst saying all of that, the game most definitely does have some "cheat" mechanism built in which is very obvious at times, like when the CPU DB's are running and jumping your receivers routes two steps before they are, and with their heads turned too. It's like they "know". I think the play calling is at random and actually really bad because of that, but sense they can "see" your play at the LOS. That would explain why whenever you audible to run or pass they audible as well to a more suitable D. Calling plays in the huddle but, they've got NFI.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #16
Rookie

trey31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I absolutely take your word for it with the specific testing you've done, but in regards to Madden 15 on the PS4, I'm almost certain the CPU selects their plays at random from the "suggestion" screen.
If you don't mind me asking, do you play on anything other than All-Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »