Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #73
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Shop said:

So does that mean they reveal the actual attributes or is it just the times that are revealed and you don't find out a players true SPD, STR, ACC, AGI, and JMP until they're drafted?

And then also:

Is the grade purely cosmetic or does it mean anything? And if so, what exactly does the grade represent? Is it just a grade on those physical attributes?
Attributes are not revealed until after the draft.

Ok so for the combine, it shows you the results like this and it also shows you this combine information once you look at their player card during the draft. The 1-10 grade is like a median score of how they did at the combine. Combine grades will be on the far right when you're selecting a prospect and I believe the prospects are sortable by combine grade. Actually what you see here is the combine screen, and the player card behind it the way it looks during the draft. This particular prospect is a Prototype DT suited best for a base 4-3. He's the fastest DT in the draft, but he's only the 10th best in bench press. This is the interesting dichotomy that the combine presents you with this year, do you try to find a stronger DT who may not be as fast and build your defense to stop the run? Or do you try to utilize his speed and create a D-line that is more like Seattle?

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #74
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
"One draft I drafted the #1 overall ranked player; WR 86OVR, a 83 OVR TE, 83 OVR DB, and a 77 FS. Those were my first 4 picks and my first 3 all had SS dev traits."

From the article he had 5 drafts and in two of those he did not even bother scouting. So actually 3 drafts and he managed this kind of draft??

Edit: Oh and the instant notification of a draftees overall is the exact opposite of what us sim guys have been wanting.

Why is seeing the overall as soon as you draft a guy bad? You already could do that in M15 by backing out of CFM and going back in after you make a pick
Old 06-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #75
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Why is seeing the overall as soon as you draft a guy bad? You already could do that in M15 by backing out of CFM and going back in after you make a pick
Exactly, this just puts the information right at your fingertips so you're not backing in and out of menus while you're trying to possibly decide what to do with your next pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
That is something that I (and some other sim guys) have not liked. You should not immediately know whether you drafted a gem or a bust.

As to why we don't like it, it is not realistic. In real life it is something that should take years.

Take the Ravens for example. We drafted Jimmy Smith several years ago and after his first few years in the league some fans wondered whether or not he was a bust. Then he becomes our best defensive player and we realize he was actually a gem.

Another example would be teams looking for franchise QBs. In Madden you know right away whether or not you found that guy to carry your team for the next ten years. In real life that knowledge takes time, and that not knowing makes future decisions difficult.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #77
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
That is something that I (and some other sim guys) have not liked. You should not immediately know whether you drafted a gem or a bust.

As to why we don't like it, it is not realistic. In real life it is something that should take years.

Take the Ravens for example. We drafted Jimmy Smith several years ago and after his first few years in the league some fans wondered whether or not he was a bust. Then he becomes our best defensive player and we realize he was actually a gem.

Another example would be teams looking for franchise QBs. In Madden you know right away whether or not you found that guy to carry your team for the next ten years. In real life that knowledge takes time, and that not knowing makes future decisions difficult.
This is where the dev trait comes into play, yes he could be a 82OVR WR in year one, but in year five he may be a 85. Whereas you could draft a 72 OVR WR in year one, and in year five he's a 90 because he has a superstar dev trait.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Shop said:

So does that mean they reveal the actual attributes or is it just the times that are revealed and you don't find out a players true SPD, STR, ACC, AGI, and JMP until they're drafted?

And then also:

Is the grade purely cosmetic or does it mean anything? And if so, what exactly does the grade represent? Is it just a grade on those physical attributes?
Without inside information I could answer this just as well.

The exact numerical value for those attributes are not revealed at the combine. What you get are measurements that are akin to the letter grades revealed by scouting points. From there it is a matter of matching up. An A in CIT may be 90, and a 4.3 40 would be a 95 speed. It is easier to match up the letter grades because those are values we are all familiar with, but the principal is the same.

Combine grade: Its the physical attribute basically. Scouting unlocks intangibles, combine reveals physicals. Again it becomes a matchup game. Does a 8 on the combine grade lead to an 80 physical attribute? Do different positions weigh drills differently? Those are the answers I would like to know.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:06 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is where the dev trait comes into play, yes he could be a 82OVR WR in year one, but in year five he may be a 85. Whereas you could draft a 72 OVR WR in year one, and in year five he's a 90 because he has a superstar dev trait.
That would be a valid point if those traits were hidden.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #80
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:

Yes obviously neither system is very sim. I was just comparing the two. It would take a complete overhaul of most of how Madden does all of ratings and the draft. Basically the whole CFM lol. To get a sim experience. I'm all for that but, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »