Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #49
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm hoping that is just an arbitrary number and not close to the percentage that you can actually scout. I mean, M15's scouting system was far from perfect, but it least it took some strategy.

If that number is correct and let's say that I have a good, young QB. Personally I never waste scouting on kickers, punters, or fullbacks because usually I can find one in Free Agency.. So, in theory, shouldn't I be able to get the True Draft Value on pretty much every other player in the draft or at least close to it? If so, that doesn't seem to rewarding.
Well if you figure that you have solid starters at other positions, so lets say you are set at QB, WR, Safety, OLB and Interior OL. You now are only going to scout 4-6 positions and you can literally have a grade for every player at those positions.

I can't speak for others, but in Madden 15, given how scouting worked, I would usually scout 4-5 positions completely and then a few guys at other positions. Seems like this system would make that strat so much easier.

Too me this system is/will be "broken" if guys with 4,5,6 round inital grades are gone before the 3rd round when everyone sees their "true rating".

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #50
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm hoping that is just an arbitrary number and not close to the percentage that you can actually scout. I mean, M15's scouting system was far from perfect, but it least it took some strategy.

If that number is correct and let's say that I have a good, young QB. Personally I never waste scouting on kickers, punters, or fullbacks because usually I can find one in Free Agency.. So, in theory, shouldn't I be able to get the True Draft Value on pretty much every other player in the draft or at least close to it? If so, that doesn't seem to rewarding.
I look at this, I use my scouting points based on need first and there's usually only 4-6 positions I need in any one season but for the sake of this argument let's say I have 11 positions of need. If what shop said is true I will know the true value of every player at all 11 of those positions that's absolutely unacceptable.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #51
Rookie

I am not as negative on the changes as most others seem to be but below would be an achievable and really cool draft system in my opinion.

You have a scouting department, Maybe 2 people. Each member has positional strengths and weaknesses. As the coach or owner, I am able to direct each member which area I would like them to focus on. By focus I mean spend twice as much time on that position than other positions. Later in the season I can designate individual players I want them to focus on. That way I have some input. I can change the focus at any time. The scouts do their work each week and information on each player starts arriving. Alongside each player is a "Time Spent Scouting" indicator. As the scout spends more time with the player, the more reliable the information provided. That way I will have information on most players but some information I can be more confident in than other info. Scouts are graded based on their accuracy. Given the different amount of time for players, there would be a big negative rating for being wrong on a player heavily scouted and much less negative for being wrong on a lightly scouted player and vice versa.

You can hire and fire scouts after the draft with the accuracy rating determining the level of pay. That seems like a pretty good way to solve all our issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 20

Hey JP, quick question about the combine results. Does that fastest 40 time ALWAYS mean that player has the highest speed in the draft? Does the best vertical ALWAYS mean that player has the best jumping? Or is it something like that player is in the top 5% or something for that category?
Old 06-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
No, Madden 15 wasn't realistic and Madden 16 isn't realistic. But with madden 15 you didn't have the CPU telling you what round you should draft a player in. You still had to figure tha out yourself. You still had to take time out and identify players and positions of need for your team, you then had to sift through the players and find ones that either fit your scheme, or had ratings that made scheme irreleivent. Not everyone thought the same raitings were important, and I rarly scouted every rating.

For example speed of a NT was useless to me, and I never would scout that. For WRs I would just get letter grades on most attributes. It rather than have madden tell you what round(s) guys should go in, you had to determine that yourself. The Madden 15 drafts in my CFM were some of the best ones todate. You could tell what guys put time into scouting and what positions teams views as needs.

Not sure how this new systems will play out, but to me its a step back and no "realer" than madden 15.
I thought you were out?

I hate, hate, hate to stupid minigame required to tok figure out who to draft. The more streamlined, the better. what it seems like is that EA figured out no one was using their convoluted systems, and made it more accessible.

I guess you can blame the boycotters, or the fact that if there really are a ton of sim guys paying, they lie about actually scouting.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #54
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Unfortunately I think this comes as no surprise.

Its clear that "ease and accessibility" are a couple of EAs main priorities outside of gameplay. I'm trying not to reference "casual gamers" but you know what I mean.

I guess a silver lining could possibly be that maybe this helps the CPU draft better? I dunno, grasping at straws here

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:08 PM   #55
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
I thought you were out?

I hate, hate, hate to stupid minigame required to tok figure out who to draft. The more streamlined, the better. what it seems like is that EA figured out no one was using their convoluted systems, and made it more accessible.

I guess you can blame the boycotters, or the fact that if there really are a ton of sim guys paying, they lie about actually scouting.

I am out. Does that mean I can no longer engage the conversation?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #56
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Do you guys think the way scouting was in M15 was realistic? Where you knew every players attributes prior to the draft? Do you feel like you should know everything before the draft about a player and then there's no other factors to create risk for drafting them is simulation? The way it is now you don't know all their attributes and there's the risk they perform poorly at the combine no matter what the scouting grade shows. The draft Shop had is not the be all end all for how it works and not only that, they can still tune all of this before the game releases to make it more challenging.
I never knew every attribute before the draft. If i scouted like that then I would have only had like 10 players scouted.

I didn't like that scouting system at all. Too tedious. Ain't no body got time for that.

I like the new scouting better because of the combine numbers. that's more realistic. I also like that only key traits are shown but, I wish they were more team specific to your scheme. Like if some like high run block for WR's or CIT. It should let you pick the top 3.

Also we should have skills that we can unlock in our coach to have more accurate info in our scouting.

The thing I don't like is the true value thing. This is silly. It's Ea's attempt to hand hold the user too much.

Also the fact that they didn't include a draft board is terrible. Yet another year were I will have to do too many things outside of the game itself to enjoy it.

Everything I need to enjoy the game fully should be in the game or in a site ran by EA that adds to it.

Last edited by charter04; 06-12-2015 at 04:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »