Home

Madden 16 Expansion Team Guide

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Expansion Team Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2015, 05:15 PM   #121
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Expansion Team Guide

Mixed it up a little in a new one. Went rams relocating them and also brought back good all Mike Martz to add some story line. Followed most of the players on list. Mixed up a few going with drew staton at qb. Also made sure all my defensive line is 6'5+ over 300 monsters. Going to just dump exp and build up a stout line

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #122
Just started!

Every year when the game drops a group of us get together to put a expansion roster together. This year 2 of us have the game early and spent the last day and half getting it together.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #123
Rookie

Would anyone be interested in uploading a roster to MaddenShare? I'm highly interested to see what it looks like
Old 12-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #124
Rookie

The_ButtFumbles's Arena

Enjoy this thread and the idea of this but I have just one beef, and this my be my inner Jet fan, but... NO NO NO Brandon Marshall would not be moving anywhere XD

Plan on starting one of these up soon. Prob will just cut every player from JAX instead of dispersing them. If they're good enough another team will pick them up. No sense of going through all that trouble dispersing them.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:17 AM   #125
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Don't know if anyone is still doing expansion drafts or following this thread anymore, but I'm still messing around with it and trying to improve my methods so this is an update on my latest improvement.

I've been messing around with Madden 12 lately (since you can use the create-a-team option and actually start with your 'expansion team' in season 1) and have had a thorough rethink of both the expansion draft and the rookie draft. I'm not quite done with my redesign of the expansion draft (still trying to nail down the right criteria) but I think I found a good solution for the rookie draft.

Backstory and development
Spoiler

After trying out a lot of different methods last night with varying degrees of success, I finally came up with a solution to the problem that I'm very happy with (although I'm not happy with the current name so that could change in the future!):

The Average OVR Approach:

In short;
- The OVR of all 7 players you pick from the draft can NOT have an average OVR higher than 70.
- Only 1 player can be picked from each 'round'; Each 'Round' is dependent on the team you are replacing's draft position. If you didn't read the Spoiler text, I'll repeat that in my experiments I replaced Washington who had the 10th pick in the 1st round. Round 1, therefore, consists of all players taken in the draft from the 10th overall pick in the first round to and including the 9th pick of the 2nd round. My 2nd round then consists of all players taken from the 10th pick of the 2nd round to and including the 9th pick of the 3rd round and so on.

That was my working idea. After some more testing, I felt it necessary to add one more rule:

- You can't pick any players with an OVR below 60 – this is to stop an exploit where you can 'throw away' two picks on 50-52 OVR players just to pull the average down (which would allow you to pick 5 players with a very high OVR).

I ran some numbers to test if this approach would be easy to exploit but as long as I have to get an OVR of 70 (maximum 70,4 as 70,5 would round up to 71), and I can't pull the average OVR down with 50*55 OVR players, it gives me a good but realistic draft class. You can take 2 maybe even 3 players in the 77-84 range, but would then have to counter that with the rest being low 60's. For example: I can get an 84OVR, an 82OVR and an 80OVR, but my last 4 picks would then have to be one 65OVR and 3 60OVR players.

Conclusion
I think this approach to the draft is both fair in that you won't get an overpowered draft class, and it gives you flexibility in that it's up to you whether you want those two big building blocks (80+ OVR) and 4-5 long-term prospects (60-65OVR) that may never develop into anything, or if you instead want 6-7 good prospects to develop without necessarily getting that immediate superstar.

I'm gonna run a few test drafts later today and see what kind of draft classes I get out of it but I'm very excited about the idea

As usual, any comments, critique, advice, tips or own experiences with this idea is appreciated and encouraged!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »